Rifter 85

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Rifter 85

Unread post by kiralon »

Does anybody know when Rifter 85 is going to drivethru PDF, as it will cost me $105 to get otherwise and that's not worth it.
It has information on the Elven cities in the Old Kingdom which happens to be very convenient for the game I'm running friday night.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: Rifter 85

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Just announced today

NEW on DriveThruRPG: The Rifter® #85 PDF.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Cheers, perfect timing thanks
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Kanshi is a darn fine location for my party end up after finding a elven flying ship with a set destination from an automated launch :)
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

kiralon wrote:Kanshi is a darn fine location for my party end up after finding a elven flying ship with a set destination from an automated launch :)

Very glad that works for you, and that you are getting some use out of my article! :)
Have fun in Kanshi!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Cheers, it is stopping at old supply station ruins on the way there, so the players have a certain amount of time to explore before the ship leaves again.

If there were any other unofficial details about Kanshi I'd happily use them ;)
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

It's pretty much all there on the page I'm afraid! One thing they didn't use is a map I submitted (a very basic line drawn map!) showing the forests, roads and other physical geography.

I also started making a "magic-knight" style O.C.C. for the magic-heavy city of Raf-Baalgor (members of the Knightly Order of Lictalon), with a combination of knightly skills supplemented by wizard magic, but bit just seemed a bit "obvious" and unoriginal so I abandoned it. I had them practice the "rapid-fire spellcasting" mentioned in Mysteries of Magic that would enable them to fire off (for instance) an energy bolt in one attack with a greater chance of success than in MoM, making them more useful at casting spells in the heat of combat.

Also, if it wasn't already evident, the name Kanshi I took from the excerpt in Dragon's and Gods on page 135 about "the miracle of wealth". It mentions "the Bishop of Kanshi", so I created the place they are bishop of! As I put Sekti-Abtu in this area, I felt the location of the miracle should be nearby.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Yeah, the characters actually know that tale so that's one of the reasons i like the location.
I do like the Knightly Order of Lictalon, as i already have a few different knight orders and I made up the knight templar to go with it, with the source of magic being their faith so they could cast in armour, but methinks i will definitely borrow the name.

and the map would be cool to have if you are allowed to share it. Saves me drawing one up too ;)
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Soldier of Od wrote:It's pretty much all there on the page I'm afraid! One thing they didn't use is a map I submitted (a very basic line drawn map!) showing the forests, roads and other physical geography.

I also started making a "magic-knight" style O.C.C. for the magic-heavy city of Raf-Baalgor (members of the Knightly Order of Lictalon), with a combination of knightly skills supplemented by wizard magic, but bit just seemed a bit "obvious" and unoriginal so I abandoned it. I had them practice the "rapid-fire spellcasting" mentioned in Mysteries of Magic that would enable them to fire off (for instance) an energy bolt in one attack with a greater chance of success than in MoM, making them more useful at casting spells in the heat of combat.

Also, if it wasn't already evident, the name Kanshi I took from the excerpt in Dragon's and Gods on page 135 about "the miracle of wealth". It mentions "the Bishop of Kanshi", so I created the place they are bishop of! As I put Sekti-Abtu in this area, I felt the location of the miracle should be nearby.

I feel yeah. I did a map of the Ice Road and surrounding area they didn't use.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Reagren Wright wrote:I feel yeah. I did a map of the Ice Road and surrounding area they didn't use.

I'd grab that too if i could, the fact that you guys made em means id use em and convince my players the were fully legit too lol
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I will love info on the Old Elven Empire and Kingdoms maded by the Survivors.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”