Fire Damage

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Fire Damage

Unread post by Hendrik »

Friends,

Is fire damage per action or per round?

Examples: unconscious in a burning room, wall of fire (warlock), pillar of flame (psi).

I am interested in your opinion (I) under canon (kindly give a reference) and (ii) your personal way of handling it.

Kindest regards,
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: Fire Damage

Unread post by Jefffar »

It varies depending on the source.

Areas of flame I tend to give per melee. Interactive flaming objects I tend to do per action
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I lean towards per round, unless you're talking something that is more momentary... hitting someone with a torch is per action.

As to why per melee, consider two people. One has no hand to hand skill. The other is a 15th level character under a fleet feet spell. If being in fire damaged you per action, then the higher level character would take far more damage, from the same fire.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

If spell duration is instant, then per action.
If spell duration is longer, then damage when the spell is interacted with in a round but only once, so the first time you move into a wall of fire in a round you take damage, if you move out and back in again in a round you don't take the damage again, but if you are soaked in oil and on fire I do that damage at the end of every round after the initial one when its first occurs.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Per round

Unless Im running a game for you and then it's per everyone else's turn x2. Burn damn you burn! Mwahahahaha!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”