Palladium fantasy novels

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Eric42
Wanderer

Palladium fantasy novels

Unread post by Eric42 »

So I am reading one of my newest books, Garden of the Gods, and while I have read bits and pieces throughout the book already, I had not yet read the introduction story and material. So I just got done with the introduction story. Without saying any spoilers, it has me wanting more. But it also has me wondering if there has ever been any novels set in the Palladium Fantasy setting. If not, why not? Of course, only Kevin can answer that question, but with the overall story that's been built in all the books, I think they have a great base for a series of novels. Two ideas come to mind right away for me: one, stories taking place during the time of the Elf-Dwarf War, and two, stories related specifically to the Defilers. I think I am right in thinking that the Defilers were the original players of Kevin's early games, so perhaps only Kevin could really put that story down on paper but he could also work with someone to get it done.

I just think some novels in the PF setting could work (and would, though maybe no where near as well as the Rifts novels) and would love to see some come out.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Palladium fantasy novels

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

No novels that I am aware of, because it's not Rifts, which is Kevin's favorite setting. There may have been stories published in the Rifter.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There has been at least one short story in the Rifters.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:No novels that I am aware of, because it's not Rifts, which is Kevin's favorite setting. There may have been stories published in the Rifter.

I am pretty sure that Palladium Fantasy is in fact Kevin's favorite as I have heard him say that on multiple occasions but regardless Rifts gets most of the attention because the books sell the best from what I am told.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:There has been at least one short story in the Rifters.

Just a quick scan of my index has

Rifter 46 - The Dark Realm of Netosa which is one of my personal favorites
Rifter 61 - The Heart Taker
Rifter 73 - has a short story on Triumvirate Dragons

I am sure there are others but that's what I could find quick.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

A series of Palladium novels would be good, as long as they were as well-written as the books in the Dragonlance saga and so on, and not the things that were "written" for Rifts. I bought those off of Amazon, thinking they'd be readable; not so much, as it happened.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Fenris2020 wrote:A series of Palladium novels would be good, as long as they were as well-written as the books in the Dragonlance saga and so on, and not the things that were "written" for Rifts. I bought those off of Amazon, thinking they'd be readable; not so much, as it happened.

You might want to consider trying the other Rifts fiction out there. There's Tales of the Chi-Town Burbs, an excellent short story collection, there's a comic book, and there's the new novel that just came out, Duty's Edge, which I'm rather attached to.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Hotrod wrote:
Fenris2020 wrote:A series of Palladium novels would be good, as long as they were as well-written as the books in the Dragonlance saga and so on, and not the things that were "written" for Rifts. I bought those off of Amazon, thinking they'd be readable; not so much, as it happened.

You might want to consider trying the other Rifts fiction out there. There's Tales of the Chi-Town Burbs, an excellent short story collection, there's a comic book, and there's the new novel that just came out, Duty's Edge, which I'm rather attached to.

There's also my short story that got lost(!), but was written for the Tales of the Chi-Town Burbs.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Not Bad Idea.
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Which "things" do you mean, out of curiosity?
Fenris2020
Adventurer

SolCannibal wrote:

Sonic Boom, and so on. The three Rifts... novels.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
Fenris2020
Adventurer

Hotrod wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll look for them. I assume they were edited? Maybe without Palladium's usual plethora of sentence fragments and so on?
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Fenris2020 wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:

Sonic Boom, and so on. The three Rifts... novels.

Good to know, some reference on what to be warned about at least.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”