Cashing in a writ

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Cashing in a writ

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, let's asssume you just tricked a group of people out of a writ of 20,000g. You're a changling so you used someone's form to do it. You didn't want to wait around town for them to figure it out. You can't cash in that write in the small town of AC (Timiro Kingdom) so you need to go to a bigger city to make the exchange. Which one would you choose? Also, would you take any precautions? You're also a mind mage. I have some ideas but I think it's more fun if the group is up against someone who doesn't really know them that well.

-Vek
"Kiralon? This is up your alley."
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Cashing in a writ

Unread post by Library Ogre »

One option: Cash the writ in the small town, get a bank draft. So, you dupe a small town magistrate into giving you that bank draft (possibly with Hypnotic Suggestion), go to a big town to get the draft, and you're two steps removed from the actual turned in writ.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Veknironth
Hero

Well, the only real bank is the same merchant house who gave him the writ. It was payment for securing some items for a church. The priest in the area doesn't have the ability to write a write on his own, but the church and the merchant house have a good enough relationship for the house to front the writ and have the chuch back in Tanis remunerate. I figure the changling is impossible for them to catch at this point but they might be smart enough to figure he has to cash it in somewhere and try to pick a town. If they're lucky enough to pick the same place someone here does, maybe there is a possibility that they find the person.

-Vek
"But I'm keeping that idea for later."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Head out of town and head to a bigger town where you can sell the writ for a % of the face value to a merchent.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Veknironth
Hero

Well, I was thinking more like to which city do you think he'd head but I've settled on Aracho.

-Vek
"This group will never find him anyway."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”