Board index » SDC Worlds » Palladium Fantasy RPG®

Post subject: Clouds
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:49 pm

Hero

Well, I again was frustrated with the search tool so instead of continuing to look I'm going to just post about it. What are the limits to casting Cloud spells? All of the cloud spell descriptions have ranges and sizes of the cloud, but they don't say anything about line of sight. I'd expect you need line of sight (I'm going to put the cloud there) but it doesn't say anything. The obvious acceptable situation is casting the cloud out in the open, centered on a location you can see currently with nothing in between.

But you can add on different things to make it cloudier (intended). For example, what if you can see into a room or an abode through a window, can you cast the cloud inside it? What if the window is glass, allowing you to see but still creating a physical barrier? What if you knew there was a room behind a door, could you cast it into that room? What if you didn't know what was beyond the door? What about being on one side of a wall and casting the spell on the other side? What if you misjudge the thickness of the wall and end up with some of the cloud in the wall and there rest outside of it? Could you cast the cloud in a house and hit several rooms at once?

-Vek
"I'm sure I'm missing some other complications."

Post subject: Re: Clouds
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:25 pm

Monk

If you are talking about the Cloud of slumber or cloud of Smoke type spells...

LOS...most of the time this is true for most spells. If you can see through the window then there is LOS. (That is if it isn't a MDC windows & walls for some odd reason.)

If I was the GM...I would rule that it take an extra APM to casting blind around the courner. All of these questions are something individual GMs have to make a ruling on for their games.

Crimson
Eleven
Delight
Petracor

Post subject: Re: Clouds
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:28 pm

Champion

Comment: Kill it with Fire.
Currently im playing LOS, but has to have no physical blocks either, but casting through a keyhole is fine.