Board index » SDC Worlds » Palladium Fantasy RPG®

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:43 pm
  

D-Bee

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:46 am
Posts: 36
I was looking at the Barbarian OCC from the Northern Hinterlands and I read that they distrust all magic users but still are mystical people. Would they be more accepting of Shamanistic magic and would they use magic items or avoid them like the magic using "outsiders"?

Thanks


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:12 am
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:05 pm
Posts: 2343
Comment: Kill it with Fire.
I play them that they have healers (1st ed version), shamans (variant first ed version) and druids (mix of first and second ed versions).

Magic of the civilised peoples is not trusted (priests wizards warlocks etc)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:35 am
  

D-Bee

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:46 am
Posts: 36
kiralon wrote:
I play them that they have healers (1st ed version), shamans (variant first ed version) and druids (mix of first and second ed versions).

Magic of the civilised peoples is not trusted (priests wizards warlocks etc)


I was thinking the same. What about magic items?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:07 am
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:05 pm
Posts: 2343
Comment: Kill it with Fire.
Magic weapons yes, however they tend to not like swords of flight or invisibility or the like, but like flaming swords /indestructible/sharp basically anything that does more damage is fine.
Holistic potions yes
potions of strength and speed yes
mostly no to everything else.
scrolls rings wands etc - no


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:32 am
  

D-Bee

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:46 am
Posts: 36
kiralon wrote:
Magic weapons yes, however they tend to not like swords of flight or invisibility or the like, but like flaming swords /indestructible/sharp basically anything that does more damage is fine.
Holistic potions yes
potions of strength and speed yes
mostly no to everything else.
scrolls rings wands etc - no



Ok Thanks. Now the real fun is how am I going to roleplay the stigmas


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:04 pm
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:05 pm
Posts: 2343
Comment: Kill it with Fire.
When out of the kiridin lands I found it fun to blame everything bad that happened on the civilization causing the stigma to be worse, (ooh look its raining this morning, that's because that stupid innkeeper painted his roof red and offended the spirits. We were attacked by orcs, stupid farmers wearing red and enraged the s[irits who led the orc here.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:24 pm
  

D-Bee

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:46 am
Posts: 36
kiralon wrote:
When out of the kiridin lands I found it fun to blame everything bad that happened on the civilization causing the stigma to be worse, (ooh look its raining this morning, that's because that stupid innkeeper painted his roof red and offended the spirits. We were attacked by orcs, stupid farmers wearing red and enraged the s[irits who led the orc here.



Lol


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:46 pm
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2000 1:01 am
Posts: 15925
Location: Eastvale, calif
Under the Bar. Keepers class they list the options to the warriors and keepers. One of the options is the druid class.

_________________
Q's on this board need canon answers first for the question that was asked. Then you can post your own opinions or house rules, they need to be listed/declareds as your own opinions or house rules.

Crimson
Eleven
Delight
Petracor


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Prysus


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group