Turn self to Mist

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Calmear76
D-Bee
Comment: feel free to ask me questions, I make no guarantees as to the accuracy or your liking of the answer...LOL

Turn self to Mist

Unread post by Calmear76 »

I have run into a conundrum. I am playing in a PFRPG 2ed game and have come across the potion of turn self to mist. The description in potions (as with most of them) says as per spell. Unfortunately I cannot find the spell description in the main book nor could I find it in Rifts: Book of Magic. I have most of the collection of all of the Palladium books, I was just hoping to avoid having to scour through all possible books to find it. Does anyone out there know where it can be found. I also looked on the errata on this site and didn't find any reference.
Any help is appreciated, hanks in advance.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Turn self to Mist

Unread post by The Beast »

Well there's a Metamorph: Mist spell in the Bom, the PFRPG main book, the main Nightbane book, the main HU2 book, Rifter 9.5, and the 1st Ed BTS main book. Maybe that's what the potion is referring to.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Turn Self Into Mist level three Range: self Duration: 5 melees per level of the spell caster Saving throw: none
Turning into mist is particularly useful for escaping prisons, traps, and all sorts of unpleasant situations. While in this form the spell caster cannot speak, cast spells, or carry anything but he can hear and think. Only the physical body is affected not any possessions, weapons, or cloths; these simply drop to the floor after the transformation.
No weapons can hit or cut a mist and pass harmlessly through. Fire does do half damage, however, and lightning and cold based spells slow the mist's movement by one-half. Normal movement of the mist as it floats through the air is a maximum speed of 12.

It's a copy paste error. TSIM is a firest ed spell.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

kiralon wrote:Turn Self Into Mist level three Range: self Duration: 5 melees per level of the spell caster Saving throw: none
Turning into mist is particularly useful for escaping prisons, traps, and all sorts of unpleasant situations. While in this form the spell caster cannot speak, cast spells, or carry anything but he can hear and think. Only the physical body is affected not any possessions, weapons, or cloths; these simply drop to the floor after the transformation.
No weapons can hit or cut a mist and pass harmlessly through. Fire does do half damage, however, and lightning and cold based spells slow the mist's movement by one-half. Normal movement of the mist as it floats through the air is a maximum speed of 12.

It's a copy paste error. TSIM is a firest ed spell.

You forgot to say Where you got the spell text.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

well it was a bit of a typing mistake, firest means first, so first edition spell. You need first ed palladium book.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Book page. and then column, paragraph. is the standard way of stating where something is.

PF1, page 65. (the basic informations) <--- this part is more important. Because it cuts it down to one page in one book.
2nd column, top of page. (the more specific info.)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”