NEW Garden of Gods book Questions

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ironpig II
D-Bee

NEW Garden of Gods book Questions

Unread post by Ironpig II »

SPOILERS? I'll try not to spoil...

First, this book was awesome.
My fave book in a while. Well done.

Here are my questions. I tried to reread & search for answers in other books, etc., but i really need your help!

1. P134. What does VTOL CAPABLE mean?
2. Blessings...the cost to the weakened, lost or forgotten gods - not clear...?
3. Cover: (love to see wolfen)...but who is that god-Wolvenar?
4. Do gods that die in their own deific realm truly die? But if killed in another realm-can always be broughth back?
5. What are deific realms exactly? where is that written? are they separate planets? pocket universes?
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Re: NEW Garden of Gods book Questions

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

Don't have the book yet, but to answer number one.
Vertical Take Off and Landing.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi Ironpig II,

loved the book, too.

Vertical Take Off and Landing capability, like the Harrier fighter plane can.

Don’t know

A god of the Northern pantheon. Check out pages 175-177 in Dragons and Gods.

4. Do gods that die in their own deific realm truly die? But if killed in another realm-can always be broughth back?

Gods can be slain (page 85 Dragons and Gods) if you get its primal manifestation. Gods can work around that be having more than one (rare). For those „tricks“ check out the description of the prototypical deific powers (pages 90 ss. Dragons and Gods.

It is tough to kill a god, as it should be.

Note that gods with less than 10,000 followers, ie so called forgotten gods, are a lot less powerful and lose abilities, PPE, HP, SDC. Check out the entry on forgotten gods in Dragons and Gods (page 85). Also interesting is the entry on Chantico, who lost his deific realm (page 103 ss) to see which consequences „homelessness“ may have for a god.

5. What are deific realms exactly? where is that written? are they separate planets? pocket universes?

Check out page 84 of Dragons and Gods.

Dragons and Gods is a book you will love.

Kindest regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Ironpig II wrote:SPOILERS? I'll try not to spoil...

First, this book was awesome.
My fave book in a while. Well done.

Here are my questions. I tried to reread & search for answers in other books, etc., but i really need your help!

Not having been able to buy anything for quite a few years now (the only 2 stores that *carried* PB in my area closed, the remaining stores mainly carry TSR and board games)...disappointing in a city of over 800k.

For blessings, I would say that he costs scale up for weakened/lost/forgotten gods. Since gods receive their power from their worshipers, the fewer, the less effect they can have...to the point where effecting anything other than their worshippers becomes prohibitive. For example, healing a follower might require the god to sleep for a week, where healing a non-believer might require the god to discorporate for a decade.

As long as the god has followers and believers, theoretically, they can not truly die. They would merely be out of contact for a given period of decades+. That being said, if I remember some of the flavour text from several dozen books... The implication was that gods *can* be permanently killed or die/fade away. The exact mechanism I don't remember.

As for deific realms... Yes. To all...
They are separate dimensional realms from the one the campaign takes place it (generally). They can, presumably, be as small as a few hundred square kilometres, to infinite. The exact size would, naturally, be reliant on how powerful the pantheon is.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”