Looking for notable/awesome/iconic NPC's

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Looking for notable/awesome/iconic NPC's

Unread post by Glistam »

I'm working on a concept for a Palladium one-shot or mini campaign where notable individuals are plucked from time and space and thrust together into a mad quest to save the Megaverse. I'm hoping for some help in the form of answers to the following question:

If you could play as an existing notable, awesome, or iconic NPC from any of the books or official Rifter material available for Palladium Fantasy (1e or 2e), which NPC from which book/page would you choose, and why?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Looking for notable/awesome/iconic NPC's

Unread post by kiralon »

Rhaznor from Rhaznor's Bandits - because he is cool. (Arms of nargash tor)
The Dread Pirate Vunoon - because he is almost as cool. (Genius troll from high seas)
Tom2 the murder machine - cause who doesn't want the extra attacks that come from 4 arms. (island at edge of world)
Youlovon - Cause I win (Ultimax deathstone guy from 1st ed tombs of gersidi)
Xy - Cause now I really win. (A moving mountain anyone?)
but mostly
Mok A'Tal because he likes swords. (Original wielder of Deathkiss)
Edit
and Jidian Kulder of course.
Last edited by kiralon on Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotrod
Knight

Re: Looking for notable/awesome/iconic NPC's

Unread post by Hotrod »

Glistam wrote:I'm working on a concept for a Palladium one-shot or mini campaign where notable individuals are plucked from time and space and thrust together into a mad quest to save the Megaverse. I'm hoping for some help in the form of answers to the following question:

If you could play as an existing notable, awesome, or iconic NPC from any of the books or official Rifter material available for Palladium Fantasy (1e or 2e), which NPC from which book/page would you choose, and why?

That's a fascinating premise for an adventure.

Pretty much any of the Northmoore crowd from LoTD1 would work well for it, since they were built specifically for that purpose. Otherwise...

Emperor Voelkian Itomas (taking the Emperor out of his empire and making him rely on himself rather than others could be interesting)
The Slayer of Mountains (probably overpowered, but a living legend of a figure)

One of the Cyclops royalty from High Seas could be interesting, especially if they're also lightning smiths.

Some of the pirate N.P.C.'s from High Seas might be fun. I remember a genius troll captain from 1st Edition.

That assassin from The Old Ones. The one that hunts you down if you pick up the super-awesome rune dagger. That could be fun to play.

One of the undead rulers of the Eternal Torment in Land of the Damned 2 could be really interesting.

The avatar of the Millennium Tree in the Eastern Territory book could be fun. Maybe it develops a separate consciousness? I'm thinking of a cross between Groot and Treebeard.

The old Wolfen soldier (from Wolfen Empire, I think) who is a survivor of the Algor Range Huntsman genocide. That would be fun.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”