The Heroes of the Crown.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

The Heroes of the Crown.

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

Any thoughts on a group of masked individuals forming an "anti criminal" organizing, to fight against "medieval" crime syndicates and lawlessness, that is (not so much secretly, as the name suggests it, but it is unknown to the public just who funds them.) backed by the Queen Mother/Queen Regent after her husband was killed by a gang of bandits who have been terrorizing the lands in the south? Such organizations in a magical, medieval/steam tech society?

Because the King and Queen were/are so well respected The Heroes of the Crown's currently racial breakdown consists of:
1 iron golem (with the soul of an earth warlock inside, who by the way can go back into his body which is in suspended animation/stone sleep at the pyramid), 1 high elf from RCB2: PotM (which most of the other elves in the group follows), 3 titans, 3 Atlantiens, 4 Draconids from RDB3 (or is it 4?): PWSB, 5 Jeridu (not exactly sure on spelling), 7 wolfen, 11 gnomes, 15 faeries (Who are not a juvenile lot in my games), 17 dwarfs, 25 elves, and 50 humans. I'm trying to workout the class breakdown.
Hotrod
Knight

Re: The Heroes of the Crown.

Unread post by Hotrod »

A few possible takes on this:

First off, you've got a lot of interdimensional diversity for a PF game, with a high elf, atlantians, and the draconids in addition to a pretty unconventional collection of races for the Palladium Fantasy setting. Many nations would look on this group with a great deal of suspicion solely because of their racial makeup. They're unlikely to be natives of any particular region, which would suggest that they've come to this country for a specific purpose.

This could be a straight-up rent-a-cop mercenary group that goes after organized crime. They get paid both by the folks who hire them (the queen) and by looting the criminals' possessions. Their name might be the company's name, or it could simply be a name they adopt for this particular contract. If you take this approach, then their widely diverse and unusual membership becomes more explain-able, and the royal commission/contract would give them legitimacy to operate.

If you want their name to be a bit more specific, then I'd suggest that you put this group in the Land of the Damned; specifically, I'd have them operating out of the elvish city of Therendil in Darkest Heart (Land of the Damned 2). Most of the racial issues would go away then, and the weirdness that happens in Land of the Damned would make the unusual makeup more plausible. Additionally, there's already some significant potential for "Heroes of the Crown" to be a thing in this book, especially if they claim the ancient items of power. This also makes the "serious faeries" more canon-consistent, as the good faeries in Darkest Heart tend to be more serious.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”