Question about dragons and demons and auto parry

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Narsuss
D-Bee

Question about dragons and demons and auto parry

Unread post by Narsuss »

in one of the book i cant remember witch, it states that supernatural monsters dont learn a Hand to hand because it beneath them or something like that.

Dose that mean that dragons and demons and such DONT get an auto parry and have to spend attacks to do so?
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Question about dragons and demons and auto parry

Unread post by kiralon »

Anything with a hand to hand style gets autoparry from memory.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, as Kiralon says, anyone with a H2H skill gets an automatic parry. In general, a parry requires an attack action UNLESS you have a H2H skill. So, I'd say that those creatures without a H2H skill would have to expend an attack action to parry.

-Vek
"One of the advantages of training."
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

That might give mortals an advantage but at the same time why would their be a school of specialized hand combat training for infernals
(demons and deevils) and dragons? Who is teaching them this skill? Does the infernal spend time breaking boards and learning "wax on"
and "wax off"? Seems a logical conculsions since they are born with inherant skills their fighting abilities would include automatic parry.
Now some lesser deevils/demons have the skill equavalency of Soldier O.C.C., so that means they come with HtH: Basic or the option of
Expert. But as always your game, your world, your rules.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Ever try to catch a fly or seen a dog jump and turn 120 degrees in mid-air, come down and run on, etc. I know it does not say so in the rules but I give all animals and animal intelligence level monsters auto-dodge.

Many monsters and all of the gods have either an RCC, perform as an OCC or have one or multiple OCCs. All those receive auto-parry in my game.

While it is nigh moot whether or not a God gets some additional boni from HTH, including more attacks, in case it counts in a game, I will add the HTH boni and attacks to the ones listed. Those gods that have a men-at-arms OCC listed get Expert, men-of-magic get basic, assassins get assassin, and palladins get palladin, etc.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”