Tectonic entity-animated skeleton Q

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Tectonic entity-animated skeleton Q

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Skeleton/rotting corpse is animated by a tectonic entity.

Does "Turn Dead" affect it?
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Braden Campbell

Re: Tectonic entity-animated skeleton Q

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Never mind.... found my answer under the magic spell description rather than the priestly power. It will not affect a tectonic-powered corpse.

Good to know.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Turn dead, depending on where you read, only effects things animated by the animate dead spell.
and sometimes vampires, but not
and sometimes mummies or not

all depending which part of which book you read
In some descriptions it only effects the dead, not the undead because they are different (and then aren't again in another book)
Palladium turn dead craps me off no end. Takes 2 rounds to do, so at higher levels the party is either dead or has defeated the enemy. Truly useless ability.

"The dead will stop what they were doing and go away. Vampires, ghosts, wraiths, and specters may be temporarily kept at bay, hesitating for one or two melee rounds, but will not be otherwise affected"
In the old high seas there was a nice quick little adventure that had a cyclops skeleton guarding a ruined tower, but it was just a couple of evil fairies moving it with telekinesis. Was a fun little adventure as no holy abilities worked on the cyclops, so the party thought it was an ultra high level thing, then they fought it and it was just a lumbering post, it would have been a harder fight if the fairies had just animated the axe, however with a bit of spooky fog and some cackling laughter the evil fairies ran(hopped) off into the mist and the skeleton just collapsed in on itself as the telekinesis wore off.
Didn't stop the party from "beheading" the skeleton and trying to burn it.
Fun times
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

As the Animate/Control the Dead spell requires line by sight to work wouldn't make more sense to kill the mage instead of trying to turn the
minions? And since the whole reason their animated is because of a magic control spell, the spell should cancel the magic not "turn" them per
say. Seems to me the spell was based off the old original use of the power from the D&D days and Kevin revised the animate dead but not
the turn the dead aspect. I suppose if you run into animated dead from the circle of power this spell might be effective.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

The spell is more effective then the priest ability in some respects. Quicker to cast, longer and better effects, but only works on skeletons, mummies and corpses that are magically animated like marionettes.
Does that mean the turn dead spell will effect corpses that are being telekinetically controlled by magic ?
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I'd like to know what would happen if a Tectonic Entity tried to animate a corpse the same time a mage cast Animate Dead on it. Or if two tectonic entities were fighting to animate the same corpse. Is it all about first-come first-serve or can they fight each other on it?
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

I'd go by whichever was stronger physically, as that would show the force applied.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”