Zandragal Priest powers...?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Zandragal Priest powers...?

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Zandragal, dragon-god of war, is Anarchist. Zandragal also hates "the gods of darkness."

So - does a priest of Zandragal, get the powers of a Priest of Light, or of Dark?
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Zandragal Priest powers...?

Unread post by kiralon »

I do believe you could choose either because of her alignment, and I'd guess she would likely use all tools at her command so I don't think it would even bother her too much, especially if that person was advancing her cause. Dark priests believe in an eye for an eye, and that the end justifies the means which I think would be pretty much be up her street. The spell list and abilities of dark priests is a little more useful for combat so I don't think she would have a problem with them all in all, unless they tarnished the name of Dragonwright. So it's fine to do all those nasty things unless you get caught.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Being anarchist, I'd say she can do both light and darkness, just like Thoth has cannon examples of empowering both kinds.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

The Alignments of the gods dont seem to need to match their worshippers at all. There are straight up evil gods who have Priests of Light serving them.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:The Alignments of the gods dont seem to need to match their worshippers at all. There are straight up evil gods who have Priests of Light serving them.

Examples?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:The Alignments of the gods dont seem to need to match their worshippers at all. There are straight up evil gods who have Priests of Light serving them.

Examples?

Tark.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Strict reading of the books, Zandragal has Priests of Darkness; pg. 68 of the main book notes that Priests of Darkness are the priests of Evil and Selfish gods. Priests of Light, pg. 63, notes that a wandering priest (which the Priest of Light OCC represents) travel about, doing acts of good. In their respective alignment sections, Travelling priests must be good or selfish, Priests of Darkness must be anarchist of evil.

However, I don't see any reason that Zandragal couldn't have priests of light... after all, a priest of the Dragonwright can easily be dedicated to Zandragal, and a priest of light. I also don't see much problem with Priests of Light serving dark gods, since gods don't often discourage people who have wrong ideas about them (but a Good deity might object to a priest of darkness's methods).
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Travelling Priest of light
Alignment: Any; typically reflective of the pantheon the priest worships.
Priests of the Gods of Light typically start as good or selfish
alignments.

So you can be an evil, good priest, but you can't be a good, evil priest
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

kiralon wrote:Travelling Priest of light
Alignment: Any; typically reflective of the pantheon the priest worships.
Priests of the Gods of Light typically start as good or selfish
alignments.

So you can be an evil, good priest, but you can't be a good, evil priest

Typically though does not mean "Must and can only be"
And on the flip side I am not sure that there is, technically, anything barring you from being a good Priest of Darkness anymore than you can be an evil Priest of Light.

I chalk this up to the theory that "The gods choose their priests as they will and they don't have to justify themselves to anyone"
Also known as "would you like to go argue with the gods about this?" :lol:
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”