Help: Experience Point Charts

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prysus
Champion

Help: Experience Point Charts

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. These may have come up in topics before, but I tried a little searching for some of the O.C.C. Experience Point Charts and didn't see anything. I figure one of two things: I'm missing them in the book or they're not included. So I'm asking here first to see if there are any answers I just overlooked.

Book: Western Empire
Imperial Jannisary & Imperial Soldier.
Both mention they're O.C.C. is "Soldier", so I can default to that Experience Chart if necessary, but I wanted to see if there's a more official answer anywhere.

Book: Baalgor Wastelands
Kkairojan Minotaurs.
They're described akin to a Witch or Disciple of the Old Ones. Currently I'm going with the Disciple of the Old Ones (Minotaur Witch), but wanted to see if anyone else had a different or more official answer.

Book: Eastern Territory
Danzi: Clan & Wandering Shamans
I'm currently defaulting to the Shaman Experience Chart, but again wanted to see if it's clearly listed anywhere.

Book: Bizantium and the Northern Isles
All O.C.C. in this book.
Necromancers I can get from Adventurers on the High Seas, and Iceborn Captain (Male) states they use the same as the Necromancer. None of the other Iceborn mention what to use (I can guess Necromancer for all). The Fisherman, Bizantium Marine, Serpent Chaser, and Water Chanter also appear to be missing.

Book: Mysteries of Magic
Forsaken Mage & Half-Wizard
The Half-Wizard might default to whatever experience chart they select for an O.C.C., but not positive (and would be a massive pain for what I'm doing). I don't see any indicator for the Forsaken Mage at all. The Priest variants I just defaulted to the Priest charts.

Book: Monsters & Animals
Dwarvling Buccaneer
A lot of the Racial O.C.C. haven't had Experience Charts, and I've been removing the ones like Eandroth Female Rogue and Emirin which both just select Mind Mage. However, this one doesn't fit so neatly into another class, and I decided to at least give it a chance before deleting it.

Any help would be appreciated. Bizantium and Mysteries of Magic are the biggest concerns. Thank you. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Help: Experience Point Charts

Unread post by kiralon »

After having a look through them I think you have the logical answers to your questions already, like the elite soldiers use soldier xp
The fisherman I'd use peasant, the water chanter elementalist xp, marine and serpent chaser I would use sailor (or pirate) and the racial ones would be there closest class, but danzi can take normal occ's so unless they are a shaman (shaman xp) the normal stats are for npc's so don't really matter.
MT_Juicer
D-Bee
Comment: "I dodge..."

Unread post by MT_Juicer »

I have been working with Half-Wizard lately, and they are the other half O.C.C. because that is their actual profession. But like has already been said, I think you have your answers.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. These may have come up in topics before, but I tried a little searching for some of the O.C.C. Experience Point Charts and didn't see anything. I figure one of two things: I'm missing them in the book or they're not included. So I'm asking here first to see if there are any answers I just overlooked.

Book: Western Empire
Imperial Jannisary & Imperial Soldier.
Both mention they're O.C.C. is "Soldier", so I can default to that Experience Chart if necessary, but I wanted to see if there's a more official answer anywhere.

Book: Baalgor Wastelands
Kkairojan Minotaurs.
They're described akin to a Witch or Disciple of the Old Ones. Currently I'm going with the Disciple of the Old Ones (Minotaur Witch), but wanted to see if anyone else had a different or more official answer.

Book: Eastern Territory
Danzi: Clan & Wandering Shamans
I'm currently defaulting to the Shaman Experience Chart, but again wanted to see if it's clearly listed anywhere.

Book: Bizantium and the Northern Isles
All O.C.C. in this book.
Necromancers I can get from Adventurers on the High Seas, and Iceborn Captain (Male) states they use the same as the Necromancer. None of the other Iceborn mention what to use (I can guess Necromancer for all). The Fisherman, Bizantium Marine, Serpent Chaser, and Water Chanter also appear to be missing.

Book: Mysteries of Magic
Forsaken Mage & Half-Wizard
The Half-Wizard might default to whatever experience chart they select for an O.C.C., but not positive (and would be a massive pain for what I'm doing). I don't see any indicator for the Forsaken Mage at all. The Priest variants I just defaulted to the Priest charts.

Book: Monsters & Animals
Dwarvling Buccaneer
A lot of the Racial O.C.C. haven't had Experience Charts, and I've been removing the ones like Eandroth Female Rogue and Emirin which both just select Mind Mage. However, this one doesn't fit so neatly into another class, and I decided to at least give it a chance before deleting it.

Any help would be appreciated. Bizantium and Mysteries of Magic are the biggest concerns. Thank you. Farewell and safe journeys.

Funny to be answering the man I consider the expert, but I cannot add anything official to this.
I have used soldier for Jannisary- but I have always felt it low, as they are way better than a mere soldier
I agree with Minotaur witch.
Shaman is the safe bet
Bizantium I would reach out to Reagren Wright/Glen- He probably has the charts, although the back of my mind thinks it was in some Rifter....
Half Wizard is spelled out as the specific OCC- sorry that it is a pain- Forsaken mage I have used Mystic chart
I have used Pirate for the Dwarvling, again, reluctantly.

Good luck!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

zyanitevp wrote:Funny to be answering the man I consider the expert, but I cannot add anything official to this.

Greetings and Salutations. Well, I usually find one of the best ways to learn more is to go into something figuring you don't know everything. So I'm always glad for any help.

zyanitevp wrote:I have used soldier for Jannisary- but I have always felt it low, as they are way better than a mere soldier

Agreed. I feel it's too low, but it's the closest I have to official so I'm sticking with it until I have a better answer.

zyanitevp wrote:Bizantium I would reach out to Reagren Wright/Glen- He probably has the charts, although the back of my mind thinks it was in some Rifter....

Good idea with the Rifter, as that often happens. I checked issues 68 (December 2014) through 76 (February 2017, and the last issue I currently own). Bizantium came out March 2015. I didn't see anything in the Table of Contents regarding the missing experience tables though, unfortunately. Still, good idea.

I had hoped Glen might respond here, but I'll see if maybe I can grab his attention on the PDF thread.

zyanitevp wrote:Half Wizard is spelled out as the specific OCC- sorry that it is a pain-

I'm just going to have to delete the Half-Wizard from my O.C.C. list entirely then, because I'm not listing approximately 30 different Half-Wizard variants. Hmm ... though I could give the Half-Wizard it's own section. I suppose that might work. That would avoid being cumbersome to the project and avoid too much work on my end, but it might end up causing more confusion further down the line.

zyanitevp wrote:Forsaken mage I have used Mystic chart

Decent suggestion. I'll be thinking it over.

zyanitevp wrote:I have used Pirate for the Dwarvling, again, reluctantly.

Good suggestion, as Buccaneer's are basically Pirates. With that said, I'm also debating about using the Cobbler (which isn't actually a class and more of a race option) experience table due to their reliance on shape-changing and innate magic spells. The two tables are similar in advancement, so I'll be thinking it over.

zyanitevp wrote:Good luck!

Thanks. This is actually one of the last things I need resolved for a current project.

I have read all the responses in this thread so far. Most responses are in relative agreement though, so I figured this was a good time to respond to all. Thank you for your time and help. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Prysus wrote:Book: Bizantium and the Northern Isles
All O.C.C. in this book.

Greetings and Salutations. So I was going back through the book again for something, and discovered these do have Experience Tables. They're located on Page 108, after the Skills section. So they're not located in the back of the book, they're not located near the other O.C.C., but they are there. So I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with a few judgment calls on the others (rather than all of them). Oddly, the Iceborn Captain does NOT follow the Necromancer table. I'm going with the version fully listed (instead of one line that was probably missed during one edit or another). Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I was about to say all the O.C.C. of Bizantium appear on page 108.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Reagren Wright wrote:I was about to say all the O.C.C. of Bizantium appear on page 108.

Greetings and Salutations. Yeah, sad part is that's also included in the Table of Contents at the front (though I had thought I checked there as well). For some reason though I missed it. :oops: Farewell and safe journeys.

kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

I only checked at the back and at the occ's myself as well lol.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

They need charts for the Knight Fossar, the Fossarian Warden (Scholar) and Fossarian Warden (Mystic) also, or at least to tell you if they use the normal charts.

It seems to me if a variation of a class can do MORE than the normal version of the class, it should get its own Experience chart.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”