Lopan

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: Lopan

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

The one nice thing since I've gotten the positive feedback is I can go back and start "tinkering" with the completed Phi manuscript that I finished back in 2016 or early part of 2017. Its
never been submitted (turned in) because it had to wait for Garden of the Gods and the Lopan sourcebook to come out first to ensure continuity and compatibility. Reading it over some
stuff is definitely getting tossed into the junk pile while others stuff needs a good rewrite because of wordiness. There is also some material needing additional expanding and
explaining. I am feeling more secure about some stuff in it, but the big crux is the Mosaic Magic. Some have asked if the magic started in Phi why write about it in Lopan? Because I
wanted this particular magic science to exist in two parts, the version for player characters (Lopan) and the NPC/Magic for the GM (Phi). If the player character part doesn't work the
whole thing doesn't work. That's why I swear I will never write another complicated fantasy magic for an RPG ever again. Nope from now on just simple stuff like warlocks, straight
forward descriptions and details. I'll leave more complex forms to Kevin and Carl.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Reagren Wright wrote:I am feeling more secure about some stuff in it, but the big crux is the Mosaic Magic.

Hey mate. I would tackle Mosiac magic not as a player accessible magic but a lost art (such as rune magic is). When adding content for adventures I'd list places (such as the mosiac gardens in Eastern Territory or a mosiac haunted forest, or mosiac fortress (long thought destroyed), a wizards tower with a mosiac spiral staircase. The Citadel could use mosiac. mosiac atop the battlements of the castle that appear and siege weapons (or a mosiac moat), a mosiac escape tunnel, a mosica of a signpost on a catacomb wall that suddenly activates to show good aligned people the right away and bad people to way to the crypt fiends etc.

And list items such as mosaic doors, wall mosiacs that transport to another dimension, or you reach at the sword in the mural and it appears 3D in your hand, mosiac food that renews daily, mosiac of dead relatives that can converse with a lonely widow etc.

Imagine a horse chase through a forest or city that only appears as u ride through it, dodging the newly formed trees or structures! Plenty of dodge/horsemanship rolls...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Figured I better give an update. All I can say at this time is...things are slow but things are moving toward...something. Yes, I'm being very cryptic.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, now I'm worried that Lopan is going to sink

-Vek
"Or maybe it will have a volcanic eruption?"
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

The Dark Elf wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:I am feeling more secure about some stuff in it, but the big crux is the Mosaic Magic.

Hey mate. I would tackle Mosiac magic not as a player accessible magic but a lost art (such as rune magic is). When adding content for adventures I'd list places (such as the mosiac gardens in Eastern Territory or a mosiac haunted forest, or mosiac fortress (long thought destroyed), a wizards tower with a mosiac spiral staircase. The Citadel could use mosiac. mosiac atop the battlements of the castle that appear and siege weapons (or a mosiac moat), a mosiac escape tunnel, a mosica of a signpost on a catacomb wall that suddenly activates to show good aligned people the right away and bad people to way to the crypt fiends etc.

And list items such as mosaic doors, wall mosiacs that transport to another dimension, or you reach at the sword in the mural and it appears 3D in your hand, mosiac food that renews daily, mosiac of dead relatives that can converse with a lonely widow etc.

Imagine a horse chase through a forest or city that only appears as u ride through it, dodging the newly formed trees or structures! Plenty of dodge/horsemanship rolls...

This sounds pretty cool
Reagren Wright

See the update post of February 24, 2022. Can't promise or swear to anything...just yet.
Reagren Wright

If you read the latest update 3/10/2022 then you will
have heard The Raw edition of Lopan will be out this
spring. Been keeping quiet way to long. Now I can sigh.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Yay! I’ve been looking forward to reading more of your work.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Hope to see it soon!
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Reagren Wright wrote:If you read the latest update 3/10/2022 then you will
have heard The Raw edition of Lopan will be out this
spring. Been keeping quiet way to long. Now I can sigh.

:ok:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Reagren Wright

Hey folks comments and criticism of the Raw Edition of Lopan are not only encouraged but appreciated because it
allows us to see the views of fans and those trying to sell the book too.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Great,I hope to see it,Next year.
Goblin-Jack
Explorer

Unread post by Goblin-Jack »

gaby wrote:Great,I hope to see it,Next year.

The Raw Edition will, I predict, sell out soon and not be available next year; if you’d like to offer your feedback for possible incorporation into the final published version, I recommend buying a cooy of the Raw Edition sooner rather than later. (Fwiw, I think you’ll find that it’s a great book and well worth the price).
"Wujcik rules!!!"

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”