Board index » SDC Worlds » Palladium Fantasy RPG®

Unread postPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Lakewood, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
SG I haven't heard anything..Other than the goodbye post. I do appreciate you looking out for me. Seeing as how most if not all of Joe's adventures and loot come from The Handy Dandy BTS Random Adventure Generator thread (pretty sure I linked it above) I might ask Gallahan (as item creator) to chime in on it But he's not around much either.
Well, that sucks that he left you hanging. I do not have ready enough access to my books to try and estimate the value of the stuff.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:04 pm

Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
SG I haven't heard anything..Other than the goodbye post. I do appreciate you looking out for me. Seeing as how most if not all of Joe's adventures and loot come from The Handy Dandy BTS Random Adventure Generator thread (pretty sure I linked it above) I might ask Gallahan (as item creator) to chime in on it But he's not around much either.
Well, that sucks that he left you hanging. I do not have ready enough access to my books to try and estimate the value of the stuff.

I am in agreement that the situation "sucks". I appreciate the thought SG, but don't stress yourself about coming up with values/properties for the things. If something pops into your head sure, jot it down, but there isn't any need for you to go putting special effort into it.

Razzinold wrote:
And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Unread postPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:48 am

Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
I shall contribute items to this thread where possible, but you shall be missed, JuliusCreed.

Yes you will be missed. See you next time you post.
Bye for now.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D

Unread postPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Lakewood, WA.
I appreciate the thought SG, but don't stress yourself about coming up with values/properties for the things. If something pops into your head sure, jot it down, but there isn't any need for you to go putting special effort into it.
As I said, I do not have enough ready access to books to be able to do it even if I wanted to. My situation pretty much makes it impossible.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
I appreciate the thought SG, but don't stress yourself about coming up with values/properties for the things. If something pops into your head sure, jot it down, but there isn't any need for you to go putting special effort into it.
As I said, I do not have enough ready access to books to be able to do it even if I wanted to. My situation pretty much makes it impossible.

Not a problem sir. I appreciate the thought. Have a good time with your niece and keep us updated.

Razzinold wrote:
And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Unread postPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:22 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Not a problem sir. I appreciate the thought. Have a good time with your niece and keep us updated.
I shall keep you updated on that on Facebook, of course.
My future postings here will be limited to any magic items I come up with. I have ideas for household items grown through magic out of vegetables and such which I might create and share here.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:11 pm

Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
My future postings here will be limited to any magic items I come up with. I have ideas for household items grown through magic out of vegetables and such which I might create and share here.

Just make sure they are disease and pest resistant and quite possibly rot proof. You don't want your new above ground Water(melon) Pool to ferment or your EverGlo Pumpkin lights to start rotting.

Razzinold wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Unread postPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Just make sure they are disease and pest resistant and quite possibly rot proof. You don't want your new above ground Water(melon) Pool to ferment or your EverGlo Pumpkin lights to start rotting.
There will be separate costs involved between growing and installing said items and protecting them from rot, disease and pests. The real money will come from maintaining them rather than the initial installation.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Adventurer

Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."
I really don't have any unfinished business to wrap up, mine was pretty much done anyway. It is a shame to see the JuliusCreed won't be putting as much time in on the boards.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:
I really don't have any unfinished business to wrap up, mine was pretty much done anyway. It is a shame to see the JuliusCreed won't be putting as much time in on the boards.
I did, but nothing I couldn't easily wrap up. I would rather have it end this way than go on the way it had with him only answering posts like once a month.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:01 pm

Champion

I'd be happy with the once a month if he'd just finish up with Joe.

Razzinold wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Unread postPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:47 pm

Champion

Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!
JuliusCreed wrote:
My dearest friends, my loving fans, my unwitting dupe.... errrrrr, loyal patrons and customers! ;) :angel:

It is with a heavy heart that I announce my retirement from the Palladium boards. This is not to say I won't be back on ever again... quite the contrary, I'm certain I'll be back... just nowhere near as often as I, or many others I can think of, would like in order to maintain this shop as it should be. While I know there are some out there with the patience of Job and have put up with my oft lengthy delays with little more than a quick assurance of my return, I'm afraid I must tell you my visits now are going to be relegated to sparse drop-ins to see what may be new or inspirational, and maybe, just maybe, to drop off a small tidbit of something here and there. :D

Of course, this doesn't mean this thread has to die off. No boys and girls, Uncle Remus' Emporium of the Arcane NEVER closes! However, it is pretty much open now to the weird and wonderful ideas you all may have out there. (I myself, will be taking whatever new ideas I get... and believe me, I have plenty brewing in my head... and getting them written down and sent out to see if they are worthy in the eyes of the Palladium Gawds and Old Ones for publishing. Whether relegated to Rifter articles or compiled into some form of supplement of their own, it makes no difference to me... keep your eyes open for Julius Creed and dear old Uncle Remus in the pages of Palladium books.) Whether inspired by me or someone else's work or an original bit of strangeness right off the top of your own head, feel free to bring it in and put it on the shelves for all to see and possibly purchase... just make sure you include a broad price range for whatever you bring in here... this is a business fer cryin' out loud! :lol:
And speaking of business, I, Uncle Remus, do hereby make my final business announcement....

As previously stated, Uncle Remus' Emporium of the Arcane NEVER closes... and I meant it... starting today, Uncle Remus has become your 24 hour, one stop magic shop. Any where, any when, and now any TIME! If you can find my door, I guarantee you 2 things... 1> That door will be open and my shop will be in business. 2> I will NOT be undersold! That's right, you heard me! Uncle Remus' Emporium of the Arcane refuses to be undersold anywhere, anywhen by anyone. Starting today, each and every magical item and enchanted doodad you find within my walls is HALF PRICE! That's right, 50% off each and every item in stock. Swords, armor, rings, potions, scrolls, custom enchantments... you name it, if I have it, you get it... for HALF PRICE! Not only that, I guarantee you the lowest price anywhere... if you can find an identical item ANYWHERE else for the same or lower price than what I advertise... I will give you the item at HALF OFF the COMPETITOR'S PRICE!! My potion costs 400... you find one sold somewhere else for 300... I'll sell it to you for 150!! Unbelievable? Believe it! Uncle Remus WILL NOT be undersold! Now you might be asking yourself "Wow... how long can this sale possibly last?" Well let me tell you something, ladies and gentlemen.... this is NOT a sale... this is set in stone, cast in iron, dyed in the wool STORE POLICY! This is NOT a limited time offer! This is NOT a crazy midnight madness snatch and run sale. This is how Uncle Remus does business. I want you to have the best magical items money can buy, whether they're mine or someone else's... and I will slash prices to the bone to make sure you get them. All you have to do is find my shop and you'll get the best prices on magical items anywhere in the Megaverse. "Where can I find your shop?" you ask? :twisted: Talk to your GM... he knows where to find me :twisted:
That's Uncle Remus' Emporium of the Arcane; your 24 hour, one stop magic shop, getting you the magic you need.... for less. :wink:

This is Uncle Remus, saying good luck and great gaming to all of you... my fans, my customers.... and most importantly, my friends. Without all of you and many others like you, I would not be what I am today. And for that, I thank you.

You will be missed....

Image Image

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Hero

Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".
It's been nearly a week since the strange fairy-like creature with the glittery purple wings and toothy smile arrived and handed you the envelope, fine parchment neatly folded and sealed with black wax embossed with an odd looking crest. Nearly a week of excitedly hurried preparation since you broke the seal of that envelope and found the finely crafted invitation embossed in gold;

The Place: Uncle Remus' Emporium of the Arcane
The Time: Dinner hour
The Occasion: A banquet in your honor

And now, here you stand, at the familiar door of what many have called the greatest alchemy shop in the history of the worlds... Uncle Remus' Emporium of the Arcane. Dressed in whatever finery you felt appropriate, you take a deep breath and turn the knob, smiling to yourself as the familiar jingling of the door bell heralds your entrance. Bubbles, the strange little demon-fairy hovers by the entrance with a warm smile, nodding a greeting to you and your party and gesturing for you to follow him. Silently, he leads you behind the counter to the colorfully beaded curtain leading to the fabled back room of the Emporium; The mysterious sanctum sanctorum of Uncle Remus himself. Pulses begin to race with a strange mix of fear and excitement as the curtain parts before you, opening into a short hallway, well-lit by the chamber beyond where you find an enormous grand banquet hall dominated in the center by a table spanning the full length of the chamber and tended by a myriad of creatures great and small serving an even greater mix of other guests that have apparently arrived before you, some vaguely familiar as passing faces, others starkly recognized as friends, allies or even rivals, and still more filling the role of complete stranger, though all have one simple common thread linking them inexorably together with yourselves.... you ALL know Uncle Remus.

In short order you are seated and served with the most sumptuous meal you've ever had the pleasure of partaking in, the finest wines and ales, the richest meats and breads, the most decadent desserts and pastries, all served in a seemingly never-ending cycle of courses, simply there for the asking. In time, you begin conversing with others at the table, sharing war stories and tales of adventure and intrigue, relegating moments of great heroism, horrid tragedy and boisterous humor, all told by the adventurers themselves in as much, or as little, embellished detail as the heart desires. As the air in the room buzzes with conversation and laughter... as well as the occasional shout for a fresh pint... a tiny, almost inaudible sound begins to permeate the senses. An odd, tinny ringing that, in due time, seems to drown out even the most raucous laughter until all eyes are drawn to the head of the table, where the tiny demon fairy Bubbles stands with a glittering silver bell and hammer in his hands. Setting the implements aside, he gives a courtly bow and faces you all, speaking in an incredibly deep baritone voice that carries throughout the grand hall..... "Ladies and gentlemen...... Uncle Remus...."

A tiny puff of glittery purple smoke appears where Bubbles once stood and a long ardurous squeal of metal on metal is heard from the opposite end of the room as the great doors open and Uncle Remus hobbles his way in bearing his trademark smile. His dress is simple yet elegant with a fine loose fitting robe of dark blue silk, worn over simple leather breeches and plain white tunic, soft soled sandals on his feet and his ever-present staff in his hand. As he makes his way to the head of the table, greeting each and every person he sees along the way by name with a friendly handshake, a warm embrace and, for the ladies, a tender peck on the cheek, you begin to notice little details about the kindly old man... a bit less of that familiar spring in his step, a brief pause after so many steps to take a deep, almost labored breath, the way he leans more heavily into his staff the farther he goes. Upon greeting you personally, these details almost vanish as his eyes meet your own, the familiar sparkle of mischief and humor you've come to expect nearly washing away any concerns that may have started, though their shadows remain in the corners of your mind. After making his way to his place at the head of the table, he passes his staff to the side, bows graciously to you all and settles into the rocking chair that slides up behind him from the shadows. Taking a deep breath, he sweeps his glittering gaze over the gathering with a friendly smile.... and speaks....

"My most loyal customers... my dear friends... dare I even venture.... my treasured family. I thank you for coming, and welcome you to my home and table on this... this hallowed, occasion. Many of you are likely wondering the true reason i have for inviting you here this evening. I can't say I blame you... you all know me well enough by now. So without further ado, I'll get to the point...... I... am dying....."

The old man allows a moment of silence to let the statement sink in, his smile never wavering, his expression calm and studied as he lets his gaze flow over the gathering before continuing...

"I ask only that none of you fret too badly about this situation because, quite frankly, let's face it.... we all have to face a moment like this some time... it's how we face it that defines what we are. And I shall face my moment with both dignity and respect. I have no regrets and pray only that I leave this world a better place than when I found it. However....." He lets a wicked looking grin spread across his features as his eyes brighten considerably, straightening and sitting a bit taller in his chair. "..... who says that death has to be the end of it, right? And that's where you all come in, my dear friends and customers. Your dear old Uncle Remus would like to request your services for what I hope to be one of the grandest adventures of all... the quest for immortality... sort of." Remus chuckles softly as you all look between yourselves, apparently wondering if the old man has finally lost it and gone insane, or worse, gone sane, his eyes twinkling with delight as he fills in the details....

"In the myriad worlds there are, many forms of immortality exist... godhood and the divine... enlightenment... mystic power... genetic mutation... There was even a race of beings out there who not only had effectively unlimited lifespans, but, in the event of an untimely death... a difficult thing to arrange considering the race was a timeless species anyway... but in that event, should one die, he or she would somehow manage to spontaneously reincarnate in a different form while retaining the all the memories and experience of the previous incarnation! Amazing, isn't it? And that, ladies and gentlemen... is what I seek to do. But, to do it, I'm going to need your help....."

With a broad and challenging smile, he leans in from his seat, the lights in the room seeming to darken dramatically, adding a hint of danger and intrigue to his appearance as he swivels his gaze to each of you in turn, his eyes speaking volumes. This is not a man begging or even asking you for help. This is a man that wants to see that the end of his life is spent filling the hearts of adventurers with adventure. This is a man that, even unto his dying day, would rather see others live life to the fullest in a grand, and possibly doomed, attempt to do the impossible rather than sit by a fire and let the world pass by. The fact that it's in an attempt to keep him alive is merely an afterthought. Whether any of you succeed or fail is irrelevant to him. He just wants to know that you're willing to get up and try. In that moment of revelation, his sky blue eyes blink and his next words ring through the room in quiet challenge...

"So.... are you in?"

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Torc the Troll stands and slams his fist against the table. "How do we know this is not yet another trick of yours? That this place was not just set up to lure the greedy into doing your work for you?"
The elven wizard Kendragon shakes his head. "I have too many responsibilities to see to than to risk my life and family upon such a challenge."
"But it is a challenge, isn't it?" Eryops says. "Is that not what this life is for, to meet challenges head on and overcome them?"
"It sounds like a man trying to take others down with him to me," says the dark-haired young lady with the were-raven. "I would have to hear more of the details before making a decision."

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:37 am

Champion

Rod Rambler, bard of renown, rises. "Uncle Remus in another form would cease to be Uncle Remus. Our bodies help to make us what we are, and what we are not!"
The bard then sits, challenge written upon his face.

Image Image

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

This was posted in the Invented Spells thread and in a thread about wizard hats and i thought it better to be posted here as it fits the topic:
drewkitty~..~ wrote:
Wizard's Hat: Miyan StormLord, a wizard of some note in the Islands of the south seas, decided after being shot with an arrow decides to commission a hat for himself from a Alchemist friend. The hat, standing tall to a point. was delivered to him a few months later. Taking out on his newest adventure.
The hat being a magical item with three enchantments: Magic Armor: NAR:4, SDC 60 (like with the AoIthan magic, this covers the whole body.), Clean: no matter what filth it has been in the hat will not be dirtied by it, and Buoyancy (as per armor enchantment).
Cost:20,500 gp. Additional SDC can be added to the commission when ordered at a cost of 2,500 gp per 20 SDC.
The SDC regenerates 1 SDC per 10 min. on a Ley Line & -per 5 min. on a Ley Line Nexus.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Adventurer

Charonis the centaur and Treestump the puck are both surprised be the question. "We would be more than happy to undertake a quest on your behalf, if the money is right," Treestump answers before Charonis can interject.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:30 am

Champion

Joe stands up and snarls loudly to quiet the growing din of voices. Slowly and with a noticeable effort, he tries to speak clearly. You.. were always.. kind. Tell me ggrrrrrrrr how I snnaarrrllllll can help.

Having said this Joe sits back down, takes a long drink and massages his throat. He never takes his eye's off of Uncle Remus, watching him intently and waiting for an answer.

Razzinold wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:17 pm

Hero

Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Torc the Troll stands and slams his fist against the table. "How do we know this is not yet another trick of yours? That this place was not just set up to lure the greedy into doing your work for you?"

The old man chuckles softly, quite unruffled by the display and slowly shakes his head. "Quite frankly you do not know if this is a trick. I can tell you this place was set up to lure you in, yes, but to trick you is not my intention, only to ask each of you to undertake a dangerous and possibly doomed quest on my behalf. As for luring in the greedy, well you know what they say about those living in glass houses...."

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
The elven wizard Kendragon shakes his head. "I have too many responsibilities to see to than to risk my life and family upon such a challenge."

He turns and gives a kindly nod to the elf with a gentle smile. "I understand completely... I require nothing from any of you truth be told. You may refuse my request without any fear of retribution. I shall think no less of anyone who does. You all have your own lives to live, and I shall in no way impede them."

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
"But it is a challenge, isn't it?" Eryops says. "Is that not what this life is for, to meet challenges head on and overcome them?"

The old man's eyes glitter with delight as he faces the young man, a hand raising in salute. "Quite right, my boy. A true adventurer's attitude. Just be wary with such exuberance, lest you get in over your head."

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
"It sounds like a man trying to take others down with him to me," says the dark-haired young lady with the were-raven. "I would have to hear more of the details before making a decision."

A good natured laugh rumbles from his throat as he sweeps his gaze to the lady, offering her a wink, though it is the raven that responds with a happy squawk. "That sounds like a lady that hides under a table when she hears the sky is falling. Of course your lives are important to me in the long run, my dear, but make no mistake... I treasure my own life just as dearly as each and every one of you do your own. Refuse my challenge if you like... or accept it... if you dare!" He gives a wicked little smile and another wink.

zyanitevp wrote:
Rod Rambler, bard of renown, rises. "Uncle Remus in another form would cease to be Uncle Remus. Our bodies help to make us what we are, and what we are not!"

A bushy grey brow raises with a slow grin as he faces the bard, his eyes twinkling as though he just discovered some deeply kept secret. "Sounds to me like there may be a changeling among us... but then, who knows? Either way, this crude matter surrounding the adventurous spirit within us all is meaningless in the end. What matter the form we take, so long as the spirit lives on and flourishes. You say I will cease to be if I take another form? Tell me then, friend bard..." He grins wickedly, his form warping and shifting to that of an astoundingly beautiful elven lady, silver haired with violet eyes with silky smooth skin as pale as the moon, Cupid's bow lips drawn in a smile that could melt the stone heart of a golem, though when she speaks, her voice remains the distinctly masculine tone of Uncle Remus. "Who am I now then, if not the same person I was?" With a soft giggle, the elven shape melts away like superheated wax, leaving behind a smiling Uncle Remus in its wake.

Gryphon Chick wrote:
Charonis the centaur and Treestump the puck are both surprised be the question. "We would be more than happy to undertake a quest on your behalf, if the money is right," Treestump answers before Charonis can interject.

He spins toward the puck and lady centaur with a broad grin, chuckling softly to himself. "Ahhhh there's the greed old Torc was rumbling about. Don't you worry, My diminutive friend, the money will most certainly be right, though likely not even close to the greatest of the rewards involved."

Joe stands up and snarls loudly to quiet the growing din of voices. Slowly and with a noticeable effort, he tries to speak clearly. You.. were always.. kind. Tell me ggrrrrrrrr how I snnaarrrllllll can help.

Having said this Joe sits back down, takes a long drink and massages his throat. He never takes his eye's off of Uncle Remus, watching him intently and waiting for an answer.

The old man turns to Joe with a kindly smile, waving a hand toward him, bringing a rather attractive serving girl to his side to refresh his drink after such a taxing effort of his vocal cords. As she fills the old tiger's goblet, the old man speaks. "Funny you should ask... you see that's the real trick of it... there are too many worlds out there for me to give anyone here any kind of accurate rendering on locations or details on finding a secret to immortality. However, I am certain at least a few of you have heard a tale or two about ways to achieve such a thing. I'm only asking you to go out there, hunt the rumors down, prove their veracity and return here to me with final results, whether it be a potion, a scroll, some ancient tome, text or ritual or whatever other strangeness it may be that you can find. Whatever your world has along the lines of ways to grant a person immortality... find these secrets... track them to their sources... prove their existence..... and then, simply return with them here to me." He folds his hands over the table with a slow smile, regarding the other guests at the table. "Are there any other questions or issues to be addressed?"

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:39 am

Champion

JuliusCreed wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:

A bushy grey brow raises with a slow grin as he faces the bard, his eyes twinkling as though he just discovered some deeply kept secret. "Sounds to me like there may be a changeling among us... but then, who knows? Either way, this crude matter surrounding the adventurous spirit within us all is meaningless in the end. What matter the form we take, so long as the spirit lives on and flourishes. You say I will cease to be if I take another form? Tell me then, friend bard..." He grins wickedly, his form warping and shifting to that of an astoundingly beautiful elven lady, silver haired with violet eyes with silky smooth skin as pale as the moon, Cupid's bow lips drawn in a smile that could melt the stone heart of a golem, though when she speaks, her voice remains the distinctly masculine tone of Uncle Remus. "Who am I now then, if not the same person I was?" With a soft giggle, the elven shape melts away like superheated wax, leaving behind a smiling Uncle Remus in its wake.

I care not if you yourself be a changeling, nor any other, truth be told! I only state that you can sell your shop, but not your name, for Uncle Remus will cease to be if you leave! This would be akin to calling a Defiler story a Defiler story with nary a Defiler in it!

If you choose to go, you will be sorely missed, but there is no one worthy of your legendary name!

Image Image

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:27 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

The old man chuckles softly, quite unruffled by the display and slowly shakes his head. "Quite frankly you do not know if this is a trick. I can tell you this place was set up to lure you in, yes, but to trick you is not my intention, only to ask each of you to undertake a dangerous and possibly doomed quest on my behalf. As for luring in the greedy, well you know what they say about those living in glass houses...."
"I shall accept your challenge, then," the troll muses, " but did you not have sands of time you sold to another customer that you can use to prolong your life? Is that not one of the items you already carry in the shop that meets the description of what you seek?"

JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

He turns and gives a kindly nod to the elf with a gentle smile. "I understand completely... I require nothing from any of you truth be told. You may refuse my request without any fear of retribution. I shall think no less of anyone who does. You all have your own lives to live, and I shall in no way impede them."
The elven wizard stands up, gathering his daughter Elspeth and son Draco up and departing with them.

JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

The old man's eyes glitter with delight as he faces the young man, a hand raising in salute. "Quite right, my boy. A true adventurer's attitude. Just be wary with such exuberance, lest you get in over your head."
"Exuberant I may be, but I seek challenges and this seems worthy enough of my time. I shall not abandon you in your time of need," Eryops states before becoming silent once more.

JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

A good natured laugh rumbles from his throat as he sweeps his gaze to the lady, offering her a wink, though it is the raven that responds with a happy squawk. "That sounds like a lady that hides under a table when she hears the sky is falling. Of course your lives are important to me in the long run, my dear, but make no mistake... I treasure my own life just as dearly as each and every one of you do your own. Refuse my challenge if you like... or accept it... if you dare!" He gives a wicked little smile and another wink.
"I do not hide, I just speak truth. You are asking much," Darcie states. "I will seek this immortality for you as my time allows."

JuliusCreed wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:

He spins toward the puck and lady centaur with a broad grin, chuckling softly to himself. "Ahhhh there's the greed old Torc was rumbling about. Don't you worry, My diminutive friend, the money will most certainly be right, though likely not even close to the greatest of the rewards involved."
The satyr with the dragon gauntlets and crown then speaks. "He only speaks of a concern I am sure we all have. Adventuring to find immortality does not come without expenses."

JuliusCreed wrote:
"Funny you should ask... you see that's the real trick of it... there are too many worlds out there for me to give anyone here any kind of accurate rendering on locations or details on finding a secret to immortality. However, I am certain at least a few of you have heard a tale or two about ways to achieve such a thing. I'm only asking you to go out there, hunt the rumors down, prove their veracity and return here to me with final results, whether it be a potion, a scroll, some ancient tome, text or ritual or whatever other strangeness it may be that you can find. Whatever your world has along the lines of ways to grant a person immortality... find these secrets... track them to their sources... prove their existence..... and then, simply return with them here to me." He folds his hands over the table with a slow smile, regarding the other guests at the table. "Are there any other questions or issues to be addressed?"
"Yes," Torc rises to say. "There is the matter of expenses. Surely we are not expected to take on this cause without adequate gear and equipment. I know of many such rumors and legends, but seeking them out will require quite an expedition, and you have, I am afraid, lost the interest of the wizard Kendragon who is one of the few benefactors paying for our costs involved in travel in these realms."

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Adventurer

JuliusCreed wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:

"Tis not greed, its common sense. You call us all in here like some kinda Willy Wonka and expect us to jump through yer hoops without so much as a dime up front. Rewards are all fine and good, but there is the matter of money up front for expenses, as the troll said."

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:42 am

Knight

Hallow is any bodie here?
Say the leader of a few Soldiers.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:24 am

Champion

A young man enters the shop from a doorway on the planet Xacton. Dressed in what appears to be a long ivory pleated trench coat with golden buttons on the front, ivory trousers, black (silk?) ruffled shirt, gold vest, white head band, and black riding boots (elven by the looks of them). What looks like a katana and wakizashi on his back. With a ka (cobra) staff in his left hand and a bag that truly glows of magic in his right. You notice he appears to be in his late teens/early 20s with long, blond, and curly hair. "Military" stance (shoulders back, chest out, chin up). And green eyes scanning the room. He nods and heads to the familiar/pet section. Browses the selection, sighs heavily, and then comes over to the desk. And whispers "Greetings, on behalf of the Tri-Moons Guild as he pulling up the sleeve of his trench and shirt sleeve very quickly flashing a soft glowing tattoo of 3 moons to you that appeared to fade away even before he pulled the sleeve back up. And mutters slightly louder, but still under his breath, "May the secrets of magic never be lost, may they be forever used to fight against the forces of darkness." Then he dispenses with the formalities and says in a clam, soft, tone"I am looking for a familiar, and I heard just moments ago that you had one of the living metallic silver falcon for sale. But I must have over looked it or did it sell already? Or do you keep it in another section? It would comes in most handy to fight the werewolves, vampires, and other undead in Eastern Jopbah, if what I hear about the birds is true."

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:38 am

Champion

As others stand up and either question Uncle Remus about his proposed quest, swear their assistance, or decline his invitation, Joe seems to become lost in his own thoughts. With a noticeable start and a loud chuff of surprise he jumps to his feet, plops his worn duffel bag right on the table and begins to rummage through it.

Strung among a litany of: snarls, growls, and odd strangling noises that might be swear words, listeners are able to make out the phrases; "somewhere, just saw, damn thing, and lots'a crap." Joe thrusts one arm into the large bag all the way up to his shoulder and fishes around for a moment before coming back up with what looks to be an incredibly ancient glass vial that has been sealed with bee's wax. It is caked in layers of dust and has strange, glowing, orange characters painted on the sides.

Joe holds it up and roars an "aha!" of triumph. Cradling the vial carefully in his large paws, he walks to the head of the table and presents it to Uncle Remus.
"Wizard Gallahan. ... water...holy grail (table 7 #57) immortal.. "

Razzinold wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:08 am

Champion

Someone go poke Remus with a stick

Razzinold wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:28 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Someone go poke Remus with a stick
I would do that if I knew where he was. As it is, since he is basically retired from the boards, you will have a long wait if you are expecting his response.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:21 pm

Champion

I saw a post of his dated as recently as christmas eve. maybe i'll look it up and see if it was from '13 or '12

Razzinold wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:09 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

He does not always get on a computer where he can make responses to this thread. Sometimes he gets on and does not respond. It is annoying.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:10 am

Hero

Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
He does not always get on a computer where he can make responses to this thread. Sometimes he gets on and does not respond. It is annoying.

Yes it most certainly can get annoying, especially when he takes nearly a year to come back on and let everyone know he's still alive and well :D Apologies to all, but life took some serous turns for me and made being online difficult at best for me. But fear not... I shall still be an avid supporter of the Palladium line and will strive to frequent the forums more often in the future.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:14 am

Champion

Hot damn! Welcome back sir!!

Razzinold wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Champion

JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Yes it most certainly can get annoying, especially when he takes nearly a year to come back on and let everyone know he's still alive and well :D Apologies to all, but life took some serous turns for me and made being online difficult at best for me. But fear not... I shall still be an avid supporter of the Palladium line and will strive to frequent the forums more often in the future.

Welcome back!!

Image Image

Unread postPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:34 pm

Champion

Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."
Welcome back Julius.

Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:31 pm

Champion

"While the Master's away, Bubbles doest play. Hello Folks, I'm felling in for Remus."

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:47 am

Virtuoso of Variants

pblackcrow wrote:
"While the Master's away, Bubbles doest play. Hello Folks, I'm felling in for Remus."
Okay, then, start posting stuff.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:05 pm

Dungeon Crawler

a fairly muscular man covered in tattoos that radiates magic and wearing a loin cloth with a pocket in front, boots, and a leather harness to hold his swords in, walks in and asks, "What do you have in the winter line, I need something that will allow me to both touch my tattoos and keep me warm, I am going north to explore?"

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:27 pm

Champion

Might I suggest this ravishing mystic hooded cloak of everwarm, made from the skin of a great white snow bear, endowed with magic to not only keep you comfortably even in the coldest environment, it offers you an AR of 11 and 40 SDC, it regenerates 1 point every minute, but wait; that's not all...when it has bonded to you, it will come alive when you need an extra beast to fight at your side or can be set to come alive whenever anyone comes within 25 feet of it...in this regard it can guard you while you are sleeping...reanimation magic lasts for about 10 minutes or until killed. Just be sure you are NOT wearing it when the reanimation is activated. It is a full circle cloak with about 2 inches of over lap. 50,000gp. And also, might I suggest a pair of boots, oh wait." *Gasps!* "We seam to be out at the moment. I will have some back in stock in a day or 2. Where are you staying so I can send you a message?

We however have enviro-tents in a magic snuff box, any size and shape you want and made from spidergoat silk, setup and take down in under 5 seconds as explained on the underside of the box. Or if you would prefer something a bit more stable, might I recommend these?" points to some miniature houses, which today would be considered "toothpick houses". Everything from Tudor style manors to log cabins,, although, no castles I am afraid; however two of them are stone towers. interestingly one of the Tudor style manors looks like its ready to collapse at anytime; holes in the roof, burnt marks, etc. Bubbles will say, "Don't let the size of these fool you, because every MM is equal to a foot and some of the cabins are built from stonewood. Prices ranging from 10,000 - 1,500,000gp."

He pauses to look around at what all is in stock.

"We also have Campfire sphere spell beads (good for 1 spell per bead, break it to activate, and they are 10th level) 25 gold per bead. Instant meals pills just add water or spit, 5-150gp per pill. The magic tea pot, it will always have hot tea in it, available in a verity of teas; just set the dial to the one you would like and twist the lid to poor. But the magic is just good for 1 years and 20 days, then it will have to be renewed at a super nexus; at which point t's good for another 1.25 years. Thus is the nature of things forges or crafted using dragons fire. Much easier to enchant things which work right on. Plus they are almost indestructible; BUT it only lasts for a short time, at which point they must be recharged. And each time it's recharged cut the time in half, regardless of if it needs to be recharged then or not. Though I will tell you this much, the max time is better for porcelain than it is for ceramics or metals. And the smaller the item is the better it is. Anyway, the tea pot's priced at 3,000."

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:07 pm

Dungeon Crawler

"Neat. Curious, what do the boots do? And I'm staying at the Silver Moon Tavern."

"Spider-goat silk, what's that?" he will inquire. "Very impressive structures...Except one." pointing to the one in disrepair "Um, tell me, is that the one with that is 10000? And why would any one pay so much for 1.5 million for a structure?"

"Those will prove useful...But tell me about the spell beads...can any spell be put into one?" "Instant meals pills...Curious." "Magic tea pot, interesting."

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Champion

"The boots allow you to walk on top of snow with out falling in, keeps you warm, and lets you walk on ice without slipping."

"Spider-goats are creatures from another dimension, their silk is extremely tough. Silk cloth have an AR of 12 and 15 SDC per square yard."

"One would think so by looking, but no. This is 100,000 gold. The exterior is a false facade to distract the onlookers and make it look like no one lives there. This one was commissioned for a certain guild which guild house (ha, hideout is more likely) got raided before it was finished. It's complete with a circle of teleportation, a full basement, 4 sub-basements, 12 magical exits, 3 vaults, smokeless chimneys, etc. Heck, it even has bathhouse. A mage on the go would. Let's just say, that these towers are far more than they appear. Rather like your pyramids are, Atlantian." and smirks smugly.

"Sadly, no. Only spells of lesser mana (PPE)...10 being the absolute maximum amount."

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:10 pm

Dungeon Crawler

1 Cloak, 2 boots, 50 instant meals pills, 50 campfire sphere spell beads, a small stone wood cabin, a magic tea pot, and what else do you have that might come in handy?

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:56 am

Champion

ShadowHawk wrote:
1 Cloak, 2 boots, 50 instant meals pills, 50 campfire sphere spell beads, a small stone wood cabin, a magic tea pot, and what else do you have that might come in handy?

"Magical forest soap, this will completely mask your scent for 3 days...I will throw one in for free." Looks around the master's shop..."Since you're heading through the bearmen's turf, and other inhabitants of the forests, speed and stealth are both good ideas. And so," bubbles floats a 3 inch saddle over to you. "Do not be fooled by appearances. Ach-ke-tuft!" The little saddle expands to a size saddle. "Dimensional pocket saddle bags on either side hold upto 525lbs, made for a comfortable ride, upon the phantom horse that can be summoned 2 times a for 10 hours each time, now this particular saddle has the ability to make any thing that it's attached to add 30 mph to its top speed for a burst of 10 minutes with the phrase "let 'er budge". The saddle stays in place once the phrase "vana scre" then will release when the word "filonjay" is spoken, or the phantom horse is recalled or time elapses. Ka-te-ven-yie!" and the saddle shrinks back to 3 inches. "And how about a kilt instead of a loincloth?"

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Dungeon Crawler

"Excellent, how much is the saddle? And how much does it weigh?"

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:51 pm

Champion

"For you, and only you...considerably less then the full price for a trained race horse...37,500k. it weighs 2 oz when it's in it's current state. In it's larger state, 5 pounds."

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:19 pm

Dungeon Crawler

he will ask, "Anything for going to the latrine in that will cover or get rid of the the smell?"

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:48 am

Champion

"As a matter of fact, yes." Bubbles will say, and levitates a medium red "velvet looking" sack...3'/4'. "It is a dimensional pocket with a strange beasty resembling a blow worm trapped with in it. Although it can't except, it will eat anything. So...I WOULDN'T, and I repeat, WOULDN'T put anything in it that I wanted to keep...INCLUDING BODY PARTS! But it's great for disposing of unwanted thing and bodies."