Welcome to Uncle Remus' Emporium of the Arcane

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Re: Welcome to Uncle Remus' Emporium of the Arcane

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:The young lady with the raven enters, looking around for the old man. She carries a large sack with remains in it and holds a vial in the crook of one hand. Setting the vial of spittle down, she begins to unload the sack, which contains the skin of a werepanther, its skull and all four of its claws. It is a small specimen, perhaps being a child of its kind.

The old man glances up and smiles brightly, a brow lofting consideringly as the sack is unloaded, nodding his approval of the contents before picking up the vial and inspecting it closely. With a satisfied smile he sets it to the side and begins sorting through the remains. "Well done, young lady, well done. A marvelous specimen you have here. Werepanther, rather young, probably less than 10 years. I imagine it's parents are rather disappointed." he chuckles softly, sweeping the remains to the side and taking up the vial. "Good sample of lycanthrope spittle here. Almost no impurities. it should suffice for my needs." With a slight gesture, a silver cage appears on the counter, the door swinging open with a soft creak of hinges. "If you'll please place your familiar in here, I'll see to the transformation right away. You will be able to reclaim him in three days. I can assure you he will be quite safe and sound, though not without a slight measure of... discomfort. Nothing that will kill him, I can assure you, but the first transformation is always rather traumatic." He smiles reassuringly as he turns to the remains. "As for these, I'm guessing you'll be wanting a price for them... The skin is relatively whole, full skull and all claws... quite impressive. All told, I can safely say... 10... no, 15,000. The skin being relatively whole makes for quite a prize really." He smiles and offers a hand. "Do we have an accord?"
The young lady looks concerned for a moment, but shrugs off her fear quickly. She takes his hand in a firm handshake, saying, "I suppose some discomfort is to be expected. And, yes, 15,000 is acceptable." She draws her hand back and begins stroking the bird to calm it. After smoothing the bird's feathers, she hands him over before removing the sack at her belt to accept the money for the werepanther.

He smiles reassuringly as she places the bird in the cage, closing the door with a soft click and snapping his fingers, causing a dark silk cover to flutter down over it before it slowly floats the beaded curtain behind the counter to the back room. As the cage goes its way, he pulls a strongbox from below and begins counting out 15,000 gold in Eastern currency, quickly inspecting each coin a moment as he counts, occasionally tossing one back into the box rather than adding it to the pile, until he gives a satisfied nod and pushes the full amount across the counter to her. "There you go, 15,000 gold for the remains of one young werepanther. And don't worry... your familiar will be in the most magically capable hands I know.... my own." With a broad grin and a brief chuckle he turns and heads into the back room. "I'll see you again in 3 days, milady... feel free to stay as long as you like, though I must say, sleeping here is probably not a great idea"
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

JuliusCreed wrote:He smiles reassuringly as she places the bird in the cage, closing the door with a soft click and snapping his fingers, causing a dark silk cover to flutter down over it before it slowly floats the beaded curtain behind the counter to the back room. As the cage goes its way, he pulls a strongbox from below and begins counting out 15,000 gold in Eastern currency, quickly inspecting each coin a moment as he counts, occasionally tossing one back into the box rather than adding it to the pile, until he gives a satisfied nod and pushes the full amount across the counter to her. "There you go, 15,000 gold for the remains of one young werepanther. And don't worry... your familiar will be in the most magically capable hands I know.... my own." With a broad grin and a brief chuckle he turns and heads into the back room. "I'll see you again in 3 days, milady... feel free to stay as long as you like, though I must say, sleeping here is probably not a great idea"
"Thank you, three days then. I have arrangements with a local inn already." With that, the young lady leaves, weary from her recent adventure.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

A black haired, brown eyed. elven, male, who stands about 6'4", (PB: 18), hair puled back, and dressed in linen clothing, enters the shop. The first thing you notice are the 2 rings on his hands, bracelet, and talisman in that looks like a suit of armor...they radiate magic. He is carrying 2 large leather bags...One with the utmost ease, and it is seemingly empty, you can see things in the other one which he straining quite a bit to carry from that one.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

The young lady returns (three days on the mark) to see how her familiar fares. "I am here to check on my raven," she states. "If it is to be longer, I shall have to return because I have business which will be taking me out of town for a couple of days. I have already been at this quite longer than I had initially anticipated, what with having to track down the werepanther. It was fortunate that I was able to hire a guide who knew where one was, or my schedule would be even further behind. We don't all have the freedom to put things on hold."
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Stone Gargoyle wrote:The young lady returns (three days on the mark) to see how her familiar fares. "I am here to check on my raven," she states. "If it is to be longer, I shall have to return because I have business which will be taking me out of town for a couple of days. I have already been at this quite longer than I had initially anticipated, what with having to track down the werepanther. It was fortunate that I was able to hire a guide who knew where one was, or my schedule would be even further behind. We don't all have the freedom to put things on hold."
After waiting many hours, the better portion of the day really, the young lady decides to leave a note on the counter stating her intent to return in a few days to retrieve her familiar. "So sorry I missed you," She mutters, dipping her ring in candle wax and sealing the envelope containing the note with her signet upon it. She then leaves the envelope on the counter for the shopkeeper to find.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

pblackcrow wrote:A black haired, brown eyed. elven, male, who stands about 6'4", (PB: 18), hair puled back, and dressed in linen clothing, enters the shop. The first thing you notice are the 2 rings on his hands, bracelet, and talisman in that looks like a suit of armor...they radiate magic. He is carrying 2 large leather bags...One with the utmost ease, and it is seemingly empty, you can see things in the other one which he straining quite a bit to carry from that one.

The old man glances up from behind the counter with a welcoming smile, eyeing the heavier of the bags with a critical gaze as a large low table gallops up beside the elf to receive whatever he decides to drop onto it. "Greetings, friend elf, and welcome to the Emporium of the Arcane! Feel free to ease your burden on the table beside you. How may I be of service this fine day?"
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:The young lady returns (three days on the mark) to see how her familiar fares. "I am here to check on my raven," she states. "If it is to be longer, I shall have to return because I have business which will be taking me out of town for a couple of days. I have already been at this quite longer than I had initially anticipated, what with having to track down the werepanther. It was fortunate that I was able to hire a guide who knew where one was, or my schedule would be even further behind. We don't all have the freedom to put things on hold."
After waiting many hours, the better portion of the day really, the young lady decides to leave a note on the counter stating her intent to return in a few days to retrieve her familiar. "So sorry I missed you," She mutters, dipping her ring in candle wax and sealing the envelope containing the note with her signet upon it. She then leaves the envelope on the counter for the shopkeeper to find.

The old man comes out of the back room carrying a silk covered cage and spies the note. With a brief gesture, it floats over to him and opens to his scrutiny. With a brief gesture a small slip of parchment flutters onto the counter, a pen dancing across the surface as it writes in quick, fluid movements... "My most profound apologies, milady for not promptly keeping our appointment. The life of an alchemist is unpredictable at best. The transformation of your familiar into a wereraven has been completed, as you can plainly see, since I have tasked it to bring you this note of apology. I hope he serves you as well as you expect and hope to hear from you again in the future. Good luck and godspeed in your travels." As the pen settles onto the counter, he releases the note, having divined the current whereabouts of its writer from it, and takes up the neatly folded slip of parchment, rolling it carefully into a tiny tube, uncovering the cage and retrieving the raven from within with a gentle cooing. Carefully clipping the tube to the bird's leg he whispers the whereabouts of its mistress to it, telepathically imprinting the image in its mind and giving it a bit of a treat before opening the window and releasing the magnificent creature to the air where it flies straight and true to the young lady. After watching the bird fade into the distance, he gives a satisfied nod and closes the window, turning back to his shop and customers.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

JuliusCreed wrote:The old man comes out of the back room carrying a silk covered cage and spies the note. With a brief gesture, it floats over to him and opens to his scrutiny. With a brief gesture a small slip of parchment flutters onto the counter, a pen dancing across the surface as it writes in quick, fluid movements... "My most profound apologies, milady for not promptly keeping our appointment. The life of an alchemist is unpredictable at best. The transformation of your familiar into a wereraven has been completed, as you can plainly see, since I have tasked it to bring you this note of apology. I hope he serves you as well as you expect and hope to hear from you again in the future. Good luck and godspeed in your travels." As the pen settles onto the counter, he releases the note, having divined the current whereabouts of its writer from it, and takes up the neatly folded slip of parchment, rolling it carefully into a tiny tube, uncovering the cage and retrieving the raven from within with a gentle cooing. Carefully clipping the tube to the bird's leg he whispers the whereabouts of its mistress to it, telepathically imprinting the image in its mind and giving it a bit of a treat before opening the window and releasing the magnificent creature to the air where it flies straight and true to the young lady. After watching the bird fade into the distance, he gives a satisfied nod and closes the window, turning back to his shop and customers.
As the young lady finishes packing her things at the inn and prepares to leave town, she sees her familiar fly into the window and land on her hand. She removes the tube and reads the message. Satisfied, she turns to continue packing.

[What do I use for stats for the wereraven? Should I use the stats for a Harpy, which I believe are in the Monsters & Animals book, or are there stats for it somewhere else?]
pblackcrow
Champion

The old man glances up from behind the counter with a welcoming smile, eyeing the heavier of the bags with a critical gaze as a large low table gallops up beside the elf to receive whatever he decides to drop onto it. "Greetings, friend elf, and welcome to the Emporium of the Arcane! Feel free to ease your burden on the table beside you. How may I be of service this fine day?"[/quote]
"Thank you very much Master Alchemist for the table." Placing the bag down upon the table. "I have things to trade, to have identified, a list of things I need, 1 item I would like to have custom made, and 3 items that need to be repaired be an alchemist. The items to trade...first off a "cursed" rune flamberge with a phallus for a handle. To be honest, I don't know if it is cursed if it is just the personality of the sword. It belonged to a rather colorful summoner turned vampire. I am sure you've heard of him, cause that is his head over there and I believe that's is part of his incubus over there...By the way, good call with the boxers. The sword has tried to rape almost everyone in my party, except the two females. Oddly enough. the sword says it likes my pointy ears. Anyway, another item to trade is a "voodoo penis" and box. Um, yeah...DON'T ASK! The last item for trade is this book of "Mime Magic". All I know is the mage in the party isn't willing to learn it. Although, the vampire mime we fought used it rather well and managed to kill everyone in my home village and drain them dry including my wife and sons. We came back into town as the sun was rising, seen the carnage. They told me that vampires weren't as powerful during the day. Still took us awhile to trace things back to the old labyrinth underground. Had a ridiculously hard time killing the mime and his minions. Though, the clowns were interesting, as was the jester...well, we were enough said. I need to trade them for some sort of um horse calling and controlling whistle, or a phantom horse talisman, or something...Trying to keep up with centaurs is hard as hell to do. The wolfen has been trained as a solder and can deal with it...I can't! A gallon keg of greater healing potions. About 300 feet of magic bandages. 1000 foot of iron thread. Cloak of Shadows, if you have one. They are rather hard to find. Another oz of peppermint oil to keep out the crawlies of the tents and bags at night and out of my hair during the day. 15 10" square sheets of bees wax...um, better make it 30 to be on the safe size. 4 oz of metal dissolving acid. 4 oz of wolfsbane oil, if you have any. Also, do you have any protection amulets if so what kind? The items that need repairing is my spare suit of armor. It has been enchanted therefore no one out side of an alchemist shop may work on it. And these weapons in the sack are all of our weapons that that blasted alchemist sold us...they are silver weapons have been enchanted with an indestructible spell, but sadly not a never dull spell. I also have a magic shield enchanted with weightlessness, and impervious to electricity, and it needs repairing. And now my idea. You know of the crystal lantern (Rifter 21, pg 82)...Well, I would like one only made from polished silver and instead of a crystal of light, I would like a permanent globe of daylight placed inside of it."
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Greetings I am a Western scribe in searching of knowledge. I have visited sevearal alchemists in
west and none have been able to confirm the information that I seek. I even traveled to the
great library, spent days searching its ancient stacks and what I hoped to find was not
there. So upon hearing a rumor while resting my weary feet in the Grinning Goblin I've come to
Uncle Remus with the hope that he might be able to answer my question. I once told
that there where 13 items of legend of such great power and infimay that the gods
feared they may once more fall into mortals hands, but as is the way of fate the gods could not
destory these items nor could they remove them from the world to another dimension. The will of
the universe says mortals must have a chance to earn them if they are able. Owning such
items could change the world for good and/or evil or perhaps things stay the same because
whomever owns such an item its never in his or her possession very long, not because its the
will of the gods, but fate always balances every act in the end. Do you know the names and
abilities of these 13 Items of Legend and have you heard rumors where one can begin his or her
search to see if they even exist?
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
JuliusCreed wrote:The old man comes out of the back room carrying a silk covered cage and spies the note. With a brief gesture, it floats over to him and opens to his scrutiny. With a brief gesture a small slip of parchment flutters onto the counter, a pen dancing across the surface as it writes in quick, fluid movements... "My most profound apologies, milady for not promptly keeping our appointment. The life of an alchemist is unpredictable at best. The transformation of your familiar into a wereraven has been completed, as you can plainly see, since I have tasked it to bring you this note of apology. I hope he serves you as well as you expect and hope to hear from you again in the future. Good luck and godspeed in your travels." As the pen settles onto the counter, he releases the note, having divined the current whereabouts of its writer from it, and takes up the neatly folded slip of parchment, rolling it carefully into a tiny tube, uncovering the cage and retrieving the raven from within with a gentle cooing. Carefully clipping the tube to the bird's leg he whispers the whereabouts of its mistress to it, telepathically imprinting the image in its mind and giving it a bit of a treat before opening the window and releasing the magnificent creature to the air where it flies straight and true to the young lady. After watching the bird fade into the distance, he gives a satisfied nod and closes the window, turning back to his shop and customers.
As the young lady finishes packing her things at the inn and prepares to leave town, she sees her familiar fly into the window and land on her hand. She removes the tube and reads the message. Satisfied, she turns to continue packing.

[What do I use for stats for the wereraven? Should I use the stats for a Harpy, which I believe are in the Monsters & Animals book, or are there stats for it somewhere else?]

Use the Harpy from Monsters and Animals pg 100 for the attributes and combat abilities. Use the Werebeast from Monsters and Animals pg 154 for HP, SDC, PPE, and Natural Abilities (ignore Harpy Natural Abilities). Languages is a natural understanding of Elven and 3 of choice
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

JuliusCreed wrote:The old man glances up from behind the counter with a welcoming smile, eyeing the heavier of the bags with a critical gaze as a large low table gallops up beside the elf to receive whatever he decides to drop onto it. "Greetings, friend elf, and welcome to the Emporium of the Arcane! Feel free to ease your burden on the table beside you. How may I be of service this fine day?"

pblackcrow wrote:"Thank you very much Master Alchemist for the table." Placing the bag down upon the table. "I have things to trade, to have identified, a list of things I need, 1 item I would like to have custom made, and 3 items that need to be repaired be an alchemist. The items to trade...first off a "cursed" rune flamberge with a phallus for a handle. To be honest, I don't know if it is cursed if it is just the personality of the sword. It belonged to a rather colorful summoner turned vampire. I am sure you've heard of him, cause that is his head over there and I believe that's is part of his incubus over there...By the way, good call with the boxers. The sword has tried to rape almost everyone in my party, except the two females. Oddly enough. the sword says it likes my pointy ears. Anyway, another item to trade is a "voodoo *****" and box. Um, yeah...DON'T ASK! The last item for trade is this book of "Mime Magic". All I know is the mage in the party isn't willing to learn it. Although, the vampire mime we fought used it rather well and managed to kill everyone in my home village and drain them dry including my wife and sons. We came back into town as the sun was rising, seen the carnage. They told me that vampires weren't as powerful during the day. Still took us awhile to trace things back to the old labyrinth underground. Had a ridiculously hard time killing the mime and his minions. Though, the clowns were interesting, as was the jester...well, we were enough said. I need to trade them for some sort of um horse calling and controlling whistle, or a phantom horse talisman, or something...Trying to keep up with centaurs is hard as hell to do. The wolfen has been trained as a solder and can deal with it...I can't! A gallon keg of greater healing potions. About 300 feet of magic bandages. 1000 foot of iron thread. Cloak of Shadows, if you have one. They are rather hard to find. Another oz of peppermint oil to keep out the crawlies of the tents and bags at night and out of my hair during the day. 15 10" square sheets of bees wax...um, better make it 30 to be on the safe size. 4 oz of metal dissolving acid. 4 oz of wolfsbane oil, if you have any. Also, do you have any protection amulets if so what kind? The items that need repairing is my spare suit of armor. It has been enchanted therefore no one out side of an alchemist shop may work on it. And these weapons in the sack are all of our weapons that that blasted alchemist sold us...they are silver weapons have been enchanted with an indestructible spell, but sadly not a never dull spell. I also have a magic shield enchanted with weightlessness, and impervious to electricity, and it needs repairing. And now my idea. You know of the crystal lantern (Rifter 21, pg 82)...Well, I would like one only made from polished silver and instead of a crystal of light, I would like a permanent globe of daylight placed inside of it."

The old man quietly peruses the items with a critical eye as he listens, occasionally picking up a particular thing for a closer look and setting it back down. As the elf starts listing the items he wants in return for the trade he gives an absent nod with a wry smile, his fingers tracing lightly along the length of the flamberge. With a brief gesture, the requested items begin floating out from the shelves, assembling themselves in neat rank and file to the side of the room. "Cursed or not, the rune weapon itself is about enough to cover the expense of the list. You'll find everything you requested assembled to your right over there. Among them, a charm that summons a Phantom Horse as per the standard Wizard spell. Considering what you offer, I figure I can let you splurge a bit and give that to you at 10th level proficiency rather than standard 6th. There's a Cloak of Shadows right over there as well. I hope you like silk. As for protection amulets, what kind of alchemist would I be without them? What kind? Name it... if I don't have it, nobody does. Now for the repairs... let's see... Armor, no problem... quite a few weapons here... what are we looking for with them, just a basic sharpening or a bit more? And the shield... not a problem... of course it's going to take quite some time to get the repairs done. It's not like I can just wave my hands and the item mends itself. Not counting the weapons, I can safely estimate about 10 days of repair time. With the weapons, if you only need them sharpened, I can have the lot done in 2 weeks. Anything more than that will add more time depending on what you want. As for your idea, I like it. Quite an interesting concept with some very specialized side applications, particularly in the area of vampire quelling. I can assemble such a device, but it will take a bit of time, say maybe 3 days. And yes, I can assemble the lantern before repairing the other items if you'd like. Anything else I can do for you?"
pblackcrow
Champion

"Greetings to you, scholar. I heard of one such item like that. A glove or gantlet of unlimited magical power. Nothing is known to me about it though."

"Yes, silk is good for me. Undead, mind control, faerie, normal bugs, and IF POSSIBLE something to protect an entire campsite from your basic blasted vermin! Mice, rats, floaters. coons, etc. There was a fire in the forest followed by a flood and I heard that it has caused a surge in the homeless animals and they keep invading our camp for food. The pest have ruined 9 backpacks with dimensional pocket on them, 12 bed rolls, 12 pillows, and 1 REALLY good dream. The coons will take anything that is shiny, hints why I am in need of more amulets. And they are getting desperate for food. And if you could please sharpen and put a never dull enchantment on them as well? I can wait on the lantern, we need the weapons as soon as possible. Oh, yes...I also want you to ID the things in the other bag (An oil lamp, a wolfs head coin/medallion, a wolfs paw cane, an ankh with a solar disk around the top of the ankh and blood inside, several stone acorns, 3 glass bottles of an unknow red liquid that radiates magic) and recharge some of the talismans we bought from that hoodwinker I had the misfortune of doing business with a while back (6 globe of daylight, 4 purification, 1 constrain being, 2 invisibility superior, 3 create bread & milk, 7 repel animals, and 3 negate poison/toxin). I also need to know the activation words for this suit of armor pendent I took from a dearly departed friends body, and my sword ring. I was in the process of memorizing the activation words for the ring when a blasted coon came along and ran off with the parchment while I was out side my tent. I did managed to learn how to activate the whip ring.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Reagren Wright wrote:Greetings I am a Western scribe in searching of knowledge. I have visited sevearal alchemists in
west and none have been able to confirm the information that I seek. I even traveled to the
great library, spent days searching its ancient stacks and what I hoped to find was not
there. So upon hearing a rumor while resting my weary feet in the Grinning Goblin I've come to
Uncle Remus with the hope that he might be able to answer my question. I once told
that there where 13 items of legend of such great power and infimay that the gods
feared they may once more fall into mortals hands, but as is the way of fate the gods could not
destory these items nor could they remove them from the world to another dimension. The will of
the universe says mortals must have a chance to earn them if they are able. Owning such
items could change the world for good and/or evil or perhaps things stay the same because
whomever owns such an item its never in his or her possession very long, not because its the
will of the gods, but fate always balances every act in the end. Do you know the names and
abilities of these 13 Items of Legend and have you heard rumors where one can begin his or her
search to see if they even exist?

The old man considers thoughtfully, settling back in his chair for a moment as an end table walks over bearing a cup of tea. "I have heard many rumors about many sets of 'legendary items'... I could start listing them for you if you like, but I'm sure you could help narrow the list a bit if you give me an idea of what thse items may be. Anything from your research you could tell me that might help?"
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

pblackcrow wrote:"Greetings to you, scholar. I heard of one such item like that. A glove or gantlet of unlimited magical power. Nothing is known to me about it though."

"Yes, silk is good for me. Undead, mind control, faerie, normal bugs, and IF POSSIBLE something to protect an entire campsite from your basic blasted vermin! Mice, rats, floaters. coons, etc. There was a fire in the forest followed by a flood and I heard that it has caused a surge in the homeless animals and they keep invading our camp for food. The pest have ruined 9 backpacks with dimensional pocket on them, 12 bed rolls, 12 pillows, and 1 REALLY good dream. The coons will take anything that is shiny, hints why I am in need of more amulets. And they are getting desperate for food. And if you could please sharpen and put a never dull enchantment on them as well? I can wait on the lantern, we need the weapons as soon as possible. Oh, yes...I also want you to ID the things in the other bag (An oil lamp, a wolfs head coin/medallion, a wolfs paw cane, an ankh with a solar disk around the top of the ankh and blood inside, several stone acorns, 3 glass bottles of an unknow red liquid that radiates magic) and recharge some of the talismans we bought from that hoodwinker I had the misfortune of doing business with a while back (6 globe of daylight, 4 purification, 1 constrain being, 2 invisibility superior, 3 create bread & milk, 7 repel animals, and 3 negate poison/toxin). I also need to know the activation words for this suit of armor pendent I took from a dearly departed friends body, and my sword ring. I was in the process of memorizing the activation words for the ring when a blasted coon came along and ran off with the parchment while I was out side my tent. I did managed to learn how to activate the whip ring.

"Undead... done. Mind Control... right here. Faeries.... I have a couple left... they've been rather popular these past few days. Normal bugs... hmmmmm... a little unconventional, but I'm pretty sure I have a few somewhere. And an area effect charm for warding vermin. Not immediately in stock, but I can get one whipped up in a day or two. How big of a campsite are we talking abpout covering here? I'm guessing rather large considering Wolfen and Centaurs in your party. Sharpening the weapons is going to be easy, but Eternally Sharp enchantments will take some time, 2 days per weapon. I understand you want them quickly, but it's the fastest I can do."
With a critical eye, he turns to the items for appraisal, slipping on a pair of spectacles and peering at each one carefully. "It's a damn shame you're in a hurry because getting a feel for all of these is going to take time. I can tell you right off the top that the stone acorns are either simply petrified or an interesting charm I'd seen a long time ago... throw one on the ground and invoke the activation word and they spring up as a Wall of Thorns. Activating them essentially destroys them, so they'd be single use only, but again, this is only a suspicion. I can confirm it in about 5 hours or you can just take one out and try it yourself... preferably not in the shop though." He gives a wry grin before picking through the rest of the items. "If you're willing, I can keep these here and get them identified after I take care of everything else for you... the repairs and recharging and such, that is. As for the command words for the ring, leave it here with everything else and I can have what you need first thing tomorrow. Sound good?"
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

This is the list I've managed to come up with.

A broadsword
wicker basket
goblet
chariot
head collar (headgear for animals)
a dagger
caldron
whetstone
a coat
a bowl and dish
a chessboard
a cloak
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Reagren Wright wrote:This is the list I've managed to come up with.

A broadsword
wicker basket
goblet
chariot
a dagger
caldron
whetstone
a coat
a bowl and dish
a chessboard
a cloak

The old man lofts a curious brow, listening carefully to the list of items and slowly nodding, muttering to himself. "A rather ecclectic list, I must say. Give me a few days to do some research myself into the matter and I'll let you know what I find. A wicker basket? Huhn...."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Use the Harpy from Monsters and Animals pg 100 for the attributes and combat abilities. Use the Werebeast from Monsters and Animals pg 154 for HP, SDC, PPE, and Natural Abilities (ignore Harpy Natural Abilities). Languages is a natural understanding of Elven and 3 of choice
Thank you!

The young lady returns from her errand to visit the shop once more, giving the old man a hug and a light kiss on the cheek. She then gestures to her two companions, a troll and a rather unsavory looking elf, who present the old man with two more werepanthers, adults from the look of them. The wereraven also stands at her back in humanoid form, waiting a moment before transforming back into raven form and alighting on her shoulder. "For your service, you have earned these two specimens for no charge. May you be well." With that, she turns and leaves.
Her companions, however, remain to browse about the shop, the troll picking up various containers and shaking them and looking them over.
"Would you have any enchanted armours here, sir, which might attack in addition to their wearer, perhaps having a face upon the chest capable of biting one's opponent?"
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Thank you!

The young lady returns from her errand to visit the shop once more, giving the old man a hug and a light kiss on the cheek. She then gestures to her two companions, a troll and a rather unsavory looking elf, who present the old man with two more werepanthers, adults from the look of them. The wereraven also stands at her back in humanoid form, waiting a moment before transforming back into raven form and alighting on her shoulder. "For your service, you have earned these two specimens for no charge. May you be well." With that, she turns and leaves.
Her companions, however, remain to browse about the shop, the troll picking up various containers and shaking them and looking them over.

The old man bows with a smile, giving the raven a nod as it shifts back to its animal form. With a brief gesture the gifts float off behind the counter and through the beaded curtain to the back room. "Thank you, milady. Be safe on your journeys." With a soft chuckle he turns to the Troll, plucking a bottle from his hand with a quick swipe and shaking his head with a devious grin. "Not a good idea to shake that one, old boy. Demon Jinn tend to get rather upset when you rattle their homes around like that. Is there something I can get for you gentlemen?"
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

JuliusCreed wrote:The old man bows with a smile, giving the raven a nod as it shifts back to its animal form. With a brief gesture the gifts float off behind the counter and through the beaded curtain to the back room. "Thank you, milady. Be safe on your journeys." With a soft chuckle he turns to the Troll, plucking a bottle from his hand with a quick swipe and shaking his head with a devious grin. "Not a good idea to shake that one, old boy. Demon Jinn tend to get rather upset when you rattle their homes around like that. Is there something I can get for you gentlemen?"

"Would you have any enchanted armours here, sir, which might attack their opponent in addition to the strikes made by the one wearing them? I don't mean Rune Items necessarily." The troll is surprisingly well-spoken and tries to articulate what he is looking for the bast he can. "I envision something with a face on the chest portion of the armour capable of biting."
The elf looks about for daggers and weapons.
"And if you might have blades which are capable of flight farther than one can be normally thrown for my friend the thief there," the troll says, to which the elf immediately turns red in the face. "I do apologize for him. Our lady friend didn't want us coming in with her, but curiosity got the best of us."
pblackcrow
Champion

"Yes, we are talking about something. say 1,200 square feet area...give or take. I do hope it won't effect Koren's eagle familiar. I understand that it will take time to do weapons. You have it. The centaurs are busy learning some skills and Duggant always allows time for skills to be learned and spell's to be taught. Like any fine leader, he realizes the racial differences make it difficult for his people to learn skills. So, it'll be fine." Takes off the ring and necklace. "Very well, but I will need these back as soon as possible; please. Oh, is there a multimorphic tool? (A tool that can morph into anything else. Shovel, hoe, ax, rake, pitch fork, etc)?"
Ankh, udja, seneb.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
JuliusCreed wrote:The old man bows with a smile, giving the raven a nod as it shifts back to its animal form. With a brief gesture the gifts float off behind the counter and through the beaded curtain to the back room. "Thank you, milady. Be safe on your journeys." With a soft chuckle he turns to the Troll, plucking a bottle from his hand with a quick swipe and shaking his head with a devious grin. "Not a good idea to shake that one, old boy. Demon Jinn tend to get rather upset when you rattle their homes around like that. Is there something I can get for you gentlemen?"

"Would you have any enchanted armours here, sir, which might attack their opponent in addition to the strikes made by the one wearing them? I don't mean Rune Items necessarily." The troll is surprisingly well-spoken and tries to articulate what he is looking for the bast he can. "I envision something with a face on the chest portion of the armour capable of biting."
The elf looks about for daggers and weapons.
"And if you might have blades which are capable of flight farther than one can be normally thrown for my friend the thief there," the troll says, to which the elf immediately turns red in the face. "I do apologize for him. Our lady friend didn't want us coming in with her, but curiosity got the best of us."

The old man considers a moment as a few suits of armor begin marching past from the back. "An interesting question. Armor capable of attacking independently of its wearer... there are very few varieties of such a thing, even fewer still that attack in a way you describe. Perhaps one of these will spark your interest..."

Beast Leather: A suit of leather armor, Hard, Soft or Studded, composed of leather from a predatory creature with the head still intact and located on the shoulders or chest of the suit. It is enchanted so that, upon command of the wearer, the creature's head animates and attacks the wearer's opponents if they get too close. The type of creature used to create the armor is irrelevant to the combat statistics the armor possesses. When activated, the head of the armor has 3 bite attacks per melee round with a +3 to Strike and doing 2d6 damage per attack. The head also has an individual SDC of 50, but they are incapable of parrying or dodging any attacks made against them, though the armor's wearer may parry or dodge normally to keep them from getting hit. If the head's SDC is depleted it is incapacitated and will not function until repaired by an alchemist. The heads are also only capable of attacking opponents that are within grappling range of the wearer. AR of these suits is equal to the normal AR of the armor type (Soft, Hard or Studded Leather). SDC is 50% higher than normal counterparts in addition to the 50 SDC of the armor's animated head. The armor may be activated up to 5 times per 24 hour period for 10 melee rounds per activation. Cost: 10,000 gold for Soft Leather, 12,500 gold for Hard Leather, 15,000 gold for Studded Leather

Dragon Plate: A suit of Heavy Armor, not neccessarily Plate armor, though never Chain or Double Mail. It is shaped and crafted to have the appearance of a molded dragon's head on the chest plate and then enchanted to bring the dragon's head to life, capable of attacking on its own. AR and SDC of the armor is identical to a normal suit unless further enhanced with the appropriate enchantments. When activated by the wearer the armor has 3 attacks per melee round. Attacks by the head may be made by biting for 3d6 damage or, for an added expense, the head may attack at range with a breath weapon. Breath weapons include Fire or Frost (5d6 damage), Poison Gas (2d6 damage and save vs non-lethal poison or be paralyzed for 1d6 melees) and Acid Stream (1d6 damage per melee for 4 melees to organic material, 3d6 damage per melee for 4 melees to metal, stone and other inorganic material). Bite attacks may be used against opponents within relatively close melee range, about arm's length or so. Breath attacks have a range of 30 feet. The armor may be activated up to 3 times per day for 10 melee rounds per activation. Cost: base cost for the armor is 30,000 gold and comes with the bite attack automatically. Up to 2 different breath attacks may be added to the attack forms and cost an additional 15,000 each. Special note: The base enchantment with the bite attack counts as a single enchantment on the armor. Each breath attack counts as an additional enchantment

"As for knives that can be thrown farther than normal for your friend, I'd recommend the Sling Blades over there in aisle (Page) 1 of the store... very handy items. Will there be anything else I can get for you?"
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

pblackcrow wrote:"Yes, we are talking about something. say 1,200 square feet area...give or take. I do hope it won't effect Koren's eagle familiar. I understand that it will take time to do weapons. You have it. The centaurs are busy learning some skills and Duggant always allows time for skills to be learned and spell's to be taught. Like any fine leader, he realizes the racial differences make it difficult for his people to learn skills. So, it'll be fine." Takes off the ring and necklace. "Very well, but I will need these back as soon as possible; please. Oh, is there a multimorphic tool? (A tool that can morph into anything else. Shovel, hoe, ax, rake, pitch fork, etc)?"

His brows raise at the mention of the size of the expanse and chuckles softly as he takes the ring and necklace. "Alright then, you definitely have a pretty sizable camp there. yes I can make a repellant charm to suit that kind of space and no it won't affect an eagle at all... though you ought to tell your friend Koren to be glad his familiar isn't a rat." He grins wryly and flicks his wrist a bit, making the weapons to be enchanted all rise and begin parading into the back room, sweeping his gaze around the room a bit before pointing to a rather unassuming short staff tipped with iron in the corner. "Right there..."

Pioneer Tool: A simple, unassuming wooden rod, about 3-4 feet long and tipped with an iron cap that covers approximately 1 foot of the length. Upon uttering the command word "tymtagoetawurk" and naming a basic tool, the rod transforms into the tool desired, be it a shovel, rake, hoe, woodcutters axe or whatever. Obviously, some tools are borderline weapons (axes and mauls for example) and the Pioneer Tool may be used as such in a pinch. However, if used as a weapon, the Pioneer Tool is unwieldy, being very poorly balanced for combat regardless of the type of weapon, resulting in the wielder suffering a -3 to strike and parry with it. The Pioneer Tool is quite sturdy with 100 SDC, but if used in combat to parry, it takes full normal damage from whatever it is parrying. Also, regardless of the shape it is in, the Pioneer Tool only does 1d8 damage as a weapon. Transformation lasts for as long as the user desires or until the command word "brayktym" is spoken. Cost: 2000 gold

"Now, if there's nothing else, i have a lot of work to do to fill this order for you. return in about.... 2 days... to pick up your ring and necklace. Abot a week after that I'll have your armor and shield ready. Then give me about....." he takes a look at the line of weapons marching into the back room and makes some quick calculations. ".... hmmmmm... let's just say about 2 weeks for the lot of these and be done with that. Afterward, i'll get to work on identifying those other things for you and see what I can find out. Anything else for you, sir?"
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

"A set of three sling blades and a studded leather Beast Leather armor, then," the troll says, counting out the money. "Would you have any leather armor that blends completely with its surroundings for my friend also? not just that blends in with certain things like trees, but something that blends completely?"
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:"A set of three sling blades and a studded leather Beast Leather armor, then," the troll says, counting out the money. "Would you have any leather armor that blends completely with its surroundings for my friend also? not just that blends in with certain things like trees, but something that blends completely?"

"I can put a Chameleon enchantment on a suit of armor. Costs only 30,000, but it'll take a couple days to get it done... unless i have a set here already made... hold on, let me check..." He goes wandering off through the store, mumbling a bit to himself and occassionally calling out like someone looking for a lost pet before finally hollering "Aha!" closely followed by a cacophony of clangs, bangs, clatters and even a small explosion before finally returning with what appears to be a suit of leather armor dyed in a mottled mish mash of colors swirling over the surface. "Sorry... Chameleon enchanted items are always so difficult to find unless you startle them really well and get them to move enough for the enchantment to drop. Anyay, here you go, one suit of Chameleon armor, guaranteed to function exactly as the 2nd level Wizard spell for as long as you wear the full suit. That includes the helmet, otherwise your head will still be seen. This particular beauty goes for the low low price of only 30,000 gold. Or, as an additional option, you can try a suit of Stealth Armor. You can find that in the same aisle (Page) as the Sling Blades there. Anything else I can get you guys?"
pblackcrow
Champion

JuliusCreed wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:"Yes, we are talking about something. say 1,200 square feet area...give or take. I do hope it won't effect Koren's eagle familiar. I understand that it will take time to do weapons. You have it. The centaurs are busy learning some skills and Duggant always allows time for skills to be learned and spell's to be taught. Like any fine leader, he realizes the racial differences make it difficult for his people to learn skills. So, it'll be fine." Takes off the ring and necklace. "Very well, but I will need these back as soon as possible; please. Oh, is there a multimorphic tool? (A tool that can morph into anything else. Shovel, hoe, ax, rake, pitch fork, etc)?"

His brows raise at the mention of the size of the expanse and chuckles softly as he takes the ring and necklace. "Alright then, you definitely have a pretty sizable camp there. yes I can make a repellant charm to suit that kind of space and no it won't affect an eagle at all... though you ought to tell your friend Koren to be glad his familiar isn't a rat." He grins wryly and flicks his wrist a bit, making the weapons to be enchanted all rise and begin parading into the back room, sweeping his gaze around the room a bit before pointing to a rather unassuming short staff tipped with iron in the corner. "Right there..."

Pioneer Tool: A simple, unassuming wooden rod, about 3-4 feet long and tipped with an iron cap that covers approximately 1 foot of the length. Upon uttering the command word "tymtagoetawurk" and naming a basic tool, the rod transforms into the tool desired, be it a shovel, rake, hoe, woodcutters axe or whatever. Obviously, some tools are borderline weapons (axes and mauls for example) and the Pioneer Tool may be used as such in a pinch. However, if used as a weapon, the Pioneer Tool is unwieldy, being very poorly balanced for combat regardless of the type of weapon, resulting in the wielder suffering a -3 to strike and parry with it. The Pioneer Tool is quite sturdy with 100 SDC, but if used in combat to parry, it takes full normal damage from whatever it is parrying. Also, regardless of the shape it is in, the Pioneer Tool only does 1d8 damage as a weapon. Transformation lasts for as long as the user desires or until the command word "brayktym" is spoken. Cost: 2000 gold

"Now, if there's nothing else, i have a lot of work to do to fill this order for you. return in about.... 2 days... to pick up your ring and necklace. Abot a week after that I'll have your armor and shield ready. Then give me about....." he takes a look at the line of weapons marching into the back room and makes some quick calculations. ".... hmmmmm... let's just say about 2 weeks for the lot of these and be done with that. Afterward, i'll get to work on identifying those other things for you and see what I can find out. Anything else for you, sir?"

"Not right now. Thank you Master Alchemist."
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:"A set of three sling blades and a studded leather Beast Leather armor, then," the troll says, counting out the money. "Would you have any leather armor that blends completely with its surroundings for my friend also? not just that blends in with certain things like trees, but something that blends completely?"

"I can put a Chameleon enchantment on a suit of armor. Costs only 30,000, but it'll take a couple days to get it done... unless i have a set here already made... hold on, let me check..." He goes wandering off through the store, mumbling a bit to himself and occassionally calling out like someone looking for a lost pet before finally hollering "Aha!" closely followed by a cacophony of clangs, bangs, clatters and even a small explosion before finally returning with what appears to be a suit of leather armor dyed in a mottled mish mash of colors swirling over the surface. "Sorry... Chameleon enchanted items are always so difficult to find unless you startle them really well and get them to move enough for the enchantment to drop. Anyay, here you go, one suit of Chameleon armor, guaranteed to function exactly as the 2nd level Wizard spell for as long as you wear the full suit. That includes the helmet, otherwise your head will still be seen. This particular beauty goes for the low low price of only 30,000 gold. Or, as an additional option, you can try a suit of Stealth Armor. You can find that in the same aisle (Page) as the Sling Blades there. Anything else I can get you guys?"

The elf fumbles through his pockets and shells out the money for the Chameleon armor. "Any way what you can get the fabric of my cloak to harden when immobile, like turning to the hardness of wood, so I won't get hurt if what I am stepped on while hiding on the floor? It would have to soften again when I moved, though, or it would be useless to me."
Reagren Wright

JuliusCreed wrote:

A broadsword
wicker basket
goblet
chariot
a dagger
caldron
whetstone
a coat
a bowl and dish
a chessboard
a cloak

The old man lofts a curious brow, listening carefully to the list of items and slowly nodding, muttering to himself. "A rather ecclectic list, I must say. Give me a few days to do some research myself into the matter and I'll let you know what I find. A wicker basket? Huhn...."

Then I shall return in do time. If its any consequence the individual I originally learned this tale
from was Ormod Kossig, Court Wizard for House Ne'klosh.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
JuliusCreed wrote:

The elf fumbles through his pockets and shells out the money for the Chameleon armor. "Any way what you can get the fabric of my cloak to harden when immobile, like turning to the hardness of wood, so I won't get hurt if what I am stepped on while hiding on the floor? It would have to soften again when I moved, though, or it would be useless to me."

I think I might have something here....

Fabrock: An odd enchantment that causes cloth and fabric to temporarily harden to the touch, becoming very stiff and resilient while retaining the same weight as the cloth it's made of. A suit of Cloth or Quilt armor made from this stuff would have the same AR and SDC it normally has until the enchantment is activated. Once activated, the armor hardens to an incredible AR of 17 with 200 SDC! The problem is, while very hard and resilient, it is also as stiff as a board, rendering the suit, and whoever wears it completely immobile until the duration expires or the effect is cancelled by the wearer. Of course, Fabrock can also be used to enchant something a bit more mobile and less confining. A cloak, for example, when properly worn can have the enchantment activated to turn it into a very tough full body shield. A cloth vest can be made into an upper body cuirass with an AR of 10 and 100 SDC. Or how about an 8 man tent that can be turned into a small fortress with an effective AR of 17 and 1000 SDC? This and many more applications are possible... with Fabrock! The enchantment may be activated up to 5 times per day for a duration of 30 minutes per activation or until cancelled by the owner. Damage done to the enchanted item is reflected in either state and can only be repaired by an Alchemist. Cost: 200,000 gold Special note: Cost for this enchantment reflects the cost of casting it on any cloth item up to about the size of the aforementioned 8-man tent. Anything larger would require multiple enchantments and higher costs in order to fully enchant the larger item. Thus, enchanting something like the sails of a ship with Fabrock can be a very expensive undertaking with a minimum of 2 seperate enchantments for a basic topsail and at least 6 for most mainsails.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:The elf fumbles through his pockets and shells out the money for the Chameleon armor. "Any way what you can get the fabric of my cloak to harden when immobile, like turning to the hardness of wood, so I won't get hurt if what I am stepped on while hiding on the floor? It would have to soften again when I moved, though, or it would be useless to me."

Fabrock: An odd enchantment that causes cloth and fabric to temporarily harden to the touch, becoming very stiff and resilient while retaining the same weight as the cloth it's made of. A suit of Cloth or Quilt armor made from this stuff would have the same AR and SDC it normally has until the enchantment is activated. Once activated, the armor hardens to an incredible AR of 17 with 200 SDC! The problem is, while very hard and resilient, it is also as stiff as a board, rendering the suit, and whoever wears it completely immobile until the duration expires or the effect is cancelled by the wearer. Of course, Fabrock can also be used to enchant something a bit more mobile and less confining. A cloak, for example, when properly worn can have the enchantment activated to turn it into a very tough full body shield. A cloth vest can be made into an upper body cuirass with an AR of 10 and 100 SDC. Or how about an 8 man tent that can be turned into a small fortress with an effective AR of 17 and 1000 SDC? This and many more applications are possible... with Fabrock! The enchantment may be activated up to 5 times per day for a duration of 30 minutes per activation or until cancelled by the owner. Damage done to the enchanted item is reflected in either state and can only be repaired by an Alchemist. Cost: 200,000 gold Special note: Cost for this enchantment reflects the cost of casting it on any cloth item up to about the size of the aforementioned 8-man tent. Anything larger would require multiple enchantments and higher costs in order to fully enchant the larger item. Thus, enchanting something like the sails of a ship with Fabrock can be a very expensive undertaking with a minimum of 2 seperate enchantments for a basic topsail and at least 6 for most mainsails.
"That is a bit steep. Nothing cheaper, eh?" the elf says. "Let me think about it a while..."

[I did a write-up of the Wereraven as suggested with a bit of modification of the intelligence and such. I will be posting it in the Monstrous Creations topic thread.]
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:The elf fumbles through his pockets and shells out the money for the Chameleon armor. "Any way what you can get the fabric of my cloak to harden when immobile, like turning to the hardness of wood, so I won't get hurt if what I am stepped on while hiding on the floor? It would have to soften again when I moved, though, or it would be useless to me."

"That is a bit steep. Nothing cheaper, eh?" the elf says. "Let me think about it a while..."

[I did a write-up of the Wereraven as suggested with a bit of modification of the intelligence and such. I will be posting it in the Monstrous Creations topic thread.]

The old man nods with a wry bit of a grin. "Aye, the price is rather steep, but well worth it when you consider the applications. At any rate, take all the time you need to decide... I'm always here."

[Sweet man, thanks. I look forward to checking it out]
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

JuliusCreed wrote:The old man nods with a wry bit of a grin. "Aye, the price is rather steep, but well worth it when you consider the applications. At any rate, take all the time you need to decide... I'm always here."

[I posted it yesterday.:)]
The elf suddenly gets a wild look in his eye. "Oh, what the hey," he says, removing his cloak and handing it over to the old man. With his cloak removed, the elf's hair is now visible and appears to be a greenish color, hardening and scaly, unusual for an elf. He then digs through his coin pouch and finds a rare dragon-faced coin with a green glow about it. "What be the worth of this enchanted coin? I have no idea what it does, but perhaps you would take it in partial trade?" As he holds the coin, the elf's eyes begin to slit like those of a dragon, and his teeth appear to enlarge.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
JuliusCreed wrote:The old man nods with a wry bit of a grin. "Aye, the price is rather steep, but well worth it when you consider the applications. At any rate, take all the time you need to decide... I'm always here."

The elf suddenly gets a wild look in his eye. "Oh, what the hey," he says, removing his cloak and handing it over to the old man. With his cloak removed, the elf's hair is now visible and appears to be a greenish color, hardening and scaly, unusual for an elf. He then digs through his coin pouch and finds a rare dragon-faced coin with a green glow about it. "What be the worth of this enchanted coin? I have no idea what it does, but perhaps you would take it in partial trade?" As he holds the coin, the elf's eyes begin to slit like those of a dragon, and his teeth appear to enlarge.

The old man eyes the coin with a wary eye, glancing between it and the elf with a mix of curiosity and alarm. Motioning to the counter he steps over to the side a bit. "Yes, I believe the coin will make quite an interesting trade item... and it may be a fairly good idea for you to be rid of it as well I think... unless of course you're aware of your umm... condition... at the moment? Either way, at a glance the coin itself, and any concurrent enchantments or curses it may carry, looks to be worth about.... let's say 100, 000... half off the enchantment price... deal?"
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

The old man eyes the coin with a wary eye, glancing between it and the elf with a mix of curiosity and alarm. Motioning to the counter he steps over to the side a bit. "Yes, I believe the coin will make quite an interesting trade item... and it may be a fairly good idea for you to be rid of it as well I think... unless of course you're aware of your umm... condition... at the moment? Either way, at a glance the coin itself, and any concurrent enchantments or curses it may carry, looks to be worth about.... let's say 100, 000... half off the enchantment price... deal?"
"Deal," the elf says, placing the coin on the counter even as the enchantment seems to wane and his normal hair, eyes and teeth become apparent. He then fishes around for the rest of the money. "About how long should enchanting the cloak take?"
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

"Deal," the elf says, placing the coin on the counter even as the enchantment seems to wane and his normal hair, eyes and teeth become apparent. He then fishes around for the rest of the money. "About how long should enchanting the cloak take?"

"I can have it ready and waiting for you first thing in the morning." The old man takes the garment with a smile, a slight gesture making the coin vanish from the counter with a tiny puff of smoke. "Will there be anything else for you sir?"
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The troll turns and says, "He's spent enough. You wouldn't have any hammers that erupt with volcanic might when striking an object to blow it apart, would you?"
pblackcrow
Champion

Three centaurs in enter the shop, the 2 males are wearing plate and are carrying bags with holes in them, the female is wearing scale and is carrying what looks like a larger than normal werewolf ("alpha wolf" we think) carcass on her back as well as a pack that looks to be new. From the smell or lack there of, the werewolf was killed less than 12 hours ago.

"Greetings Alchemist," the female says, "we've come to trade."

The male to her left ask, "Is that gingered bread I smell?" just as a gingerbread man comes darting out of the back and says "Hide me quickly, from your wife. She wants to put me on a tree and I'm scared of heights."
Ankh, udja, seneb.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:The troll turns and says, "He's spent enough. You wouldn't have any hammers that erupt with volcanic might when striking an object to blow it apart, would you?"

The old man nods consideringly as several hammers come floating out from the shelves. With a discerning eye, he grabs one as it dances past and gives it a test swing before presenting it to the troll with a smile. "Here we go... I think this one might just fit the bill..."

Boomstick
Not a weapon, but a weapon enchantment that may only be used on Blunt weapons, not including Ball and Chain types. It is a derivative of the Thunderhammer enchantment, but rather than doing an additional 2d6 damage and releasing a Clap of Thunder with every strike, the Boomstick enchantment instead causes the weapon to inflict an additional 4d6 damage from a fiery, localized explosion every time it strikes, much like the impact of a fairly low level Fireball but with a bit more punch. In addition to the extra damage, the force of the explosion is great enough to knock most humanoids off their feet (60% chance Humanoids 15 feet tall or shorter knocked down. Victim may Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact for half damage and to avoid being knocked down. Being knocked down means losing Initiative and 1 attack) Cost: 65,000 gold

"There you go big guy... try that on for size" :wink:
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

pblackcrow wrote:Three centaurs in enter the shop, the 2 males are wearing plate and are carrying bags with holes in them, the female is wearing scale and is carrying what looks like a larger than normal werewolf ("alpha wolf" we think) carcass on her back as well as a pack that looks to be new. From the smell or lack there of, the werewolf was killed less than 12 hours ago.

"Greetings Alchemist," the female says, "we've come to trade."

The male to her left ask, "Is that gingered bread I smell?" just as a gingerbread man comes darting out of the back and says "Hide me quickly, from your wife. She wants to put me on a tree and I'm scared of heights."

looking up with a broad smile, the old man waves the trio in, walking over to embrace each of them like old friends with a hearty hug. Before he can begin speaking, however, the gingerbread man at his feet catches his attention an instant before Auntie Remus comes stalking from the back room with a determined look on her finely chiseled features, her lithe form suggesting both anger and a touch of embarrassment at the escapee cookie as she searches the shop for it. Glancing down at the runaway treat, the old man chuckles a bit. "Which do you think would be better, little one... hanging from a tree as a decoration, or lying on a plate as a snack?" Turning back to the centaurs as the tasty treat contemplates its possible fates, the old man gives a warm smile and bows slightly. "Greetings, my noble friends. You've come to the right place for trading... if you'll just place what you have on the table coming up there beside you, we can get down to business."
pblackcrow
Champion

"Thank you." the male to the left of the female says softly and helps the female to move the large werewolf on to the table. You notice after the female sets her half on the table she winces back, as she does so she grabs her right shoulder, closes her eyes and start taking slow deep breaths.
The centaur on her right says, "Aeri, how many times must I tell you to take it easy? Your shoulder back muscle needs time to heal. Use your telekinesis."
"Fine!" the female says, unbuckling the pack from on her back and moves it in front with telekinesis, moves it to the table, opens it, takes out 4 orbs gold orbs, an ankh necklace, and a small pan flute. She says, "Please identify these items." And steps back.
The one that was on her right, motions for the other centaur to go ahead.
The other centaur nods, and moves the wolf over to the middle of the table, and says softly, "I'll make this easy for you...the things to the back of the werewolf and the werewolf himself are for trade/sale, the things on the front of it are to be identified." And with that he puts to the back a bone whip sword, a broken havoc staff, a scull ring, a dead imp that looks like its been dipped in acid or holy water, a jar marked mummy immortalis remains "had fun pulverizing this one", and a bandaged head. On the other side he takes out 3 vials of a black powder, a small (10" w, 10" l, 8" h) cabin, a small tiger figurine/toy, and a dagger...all have a magical aura, puzzle box.
"Go ahead with them, and I will go last." the other centaur says, and signs "I need to talk to you alone.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

pblackcrow wrote:"Thank you." the male to the left of the female says softly and helps the female to move the large werewolf on to the table. You notice after the female sets her half on the table she winces back, as she does so she grabs her right shoulder, closes her eyes and start taking slow deep breaths.
The centaur on her right says, "Aeri, how many times must I tell you to take it easy? Your shoulder back muscle needs time to heal. Use your telekinesis."
"Fine!" the female says, unbuckling the pack from on her back and moves it in front with telekinesis, moves it to the table, opens it, takes out 4 orbs gold orbs, an ankh necklace, and a small pan flute. She says, "Please identify these items." And steps back.
The one that was on her right, motions for the other centaur to go ahead.
The other centaur nods, and moves the wolf over to the middle of the table, and says softly, "I'll make this easy for you...the things to the back of the werewolf and the werewolf himself are for trade/sale, the things on the front of it are to be identified." And with that he puts to the back a bone whip sword, a broken havoc staff, a scull ring, a dead imp that looks like its been dipped in acid or holy water, a jar marked mummy immortalis remains "had fun pulverizing this one", and a bandaged head. On the other side he takes out 3 vials of a black powder, a small (10" w, 10" l, 8" h) cabin, a small tiger figurine/toy, and a dagger...all have a magical aura, puzzle box.
"Go ahead with them, and I will go last." the other centaur says, and signs "I need to talk to you alone.

The old man pores over the items with a critical eye, adjusting his spectacles a bit as he mumbles softly to himself. "These gold orbs look like Maxpary treasure orbs, worth about 10 gold a piece. The ankh necklace has a rather odd aura to it, some kind of enchantment there that will take a couple hours to decipher. And the pan flute is a rather unique item I haven't seen in a while... when successfully played it can have several effects based on the music you play with it, effectively casting the equivalent of an Empathic Transmission (PFRPG pg 174). And, if you happen to know the right tune, you can also cast a powerful form of the Faerie's Dance (PFRPG pg 206) with it. Anyone hearing that particular tune would have to save against Spells at -2 or dance for as long as the song is played. Of course, the only way to know that song is to be taught by the Faeries or someone who has been taught by them. Like me, for example." He gives a wicked little grin as he lifts the flute, playing a few notes that sing melodically through the room for a brief few moments before setting the item back down and looking over the rest of the trove. "The black powder I'll need to work with a bit to discover its effects... I have a couple of suspicions, but nothing I'd care to try discerning in public company. The toy cabin here is a rather interesting take on Transformable items... give the proper command and it grows to full size, the full sized version basically being measured in feet instead of inches." He looks closely at the cabin, picking it up and peering inside. "And from what I can see you lucked up and got a fully furnished version of one of these... even includes a nice fireplace. Perhaps the cabinets are fully stocked as well. The tiger figurine... hmmm... my first instinct would be a Guardian Stone (PFRPG pg 256-257) but there seems to be something rather odd about its enchantment... I'll need a few hours for that one. The dagger... ahhhh this is one of mine! It has a Seeker enchantment giving it a +3 to strike when thrown that can be applied toward determining Critical Strikes. Looks like it also has an additional enchantment on it as well..." He adjusts his glasses and peers closely at the hilt of the dagger. "mmmhhmmmm... Well it won't come back after it gets thrown, but whoever gets hit by it will certainly regret it... this dagger was made for Vampire hunting. It carries a Heartseeker enchantment as well. Very dangerous item here. Stab somebody with it or throw it at them... either way, when it hits, the tip breaks off in the body and starts working its way to the victim's heart. Depending on where you hit your target this can be either a quick and painful or slow and painful way to die (See pg 2 of this thread for details on Heartseeker enchantment) And, last but not least, the puzzle box..." He picks the box up, twisting and turning it carefully in his hands with a wry grin. "Ahhh there it is again... that dark little urge to just open the bugger up and see what it does. But, under the circumstances I have to assume the worst and think about my customers' safety, so, again, I'll need a little time with this, maybe a day or so..." He sets the box back onto the table after only a moments hesitation and starts looking over the trade items with a discerning gaze. "Werewolf corpse in fairly good and relatively whole condition... Mummy Dust... always a good thing to have around... what's left of the Imp should provide a few good components, especially since most of the large bones should still be whole... the whip sword is rather nice... I don't really see them built like that anymore... skull ring... very pretty... can't offer you much of anything for the staff what with it being broken and all. and the head here... I'm guessing it is the Mummy's or....?" He gives a bit of a shrug. "All in all, not counting the head I can offer for the trade items....." he tilts his head to the side a bit as he works some figures. "... Let's say... 150,000... no... let's go with an even 200,000. The werewolf is in pretty good shape after all." He glances to the female centaur with a look of concern, producing a small leather pouch and offering it to her with a smile. "Here, eat this... it should help with that shoulder of yours, ease the pain some and help speed the healing along." As he offers the pouch to her a quick sign is made to the last in reply "Of course. Whenever is convenient for you."
pblackcrow
Champion

The Female leans down and gets the pouch, and says "Thank you."
The soft spoken one says, "Could you write the command down? For now, let's talk trade. We need 6 human metamorphosis rings, and also what might I inquire do you have in horse shoes? Climb, or well anything that could help us explore a labyrinth?"
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

JuliusCreed wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:The troll turns and says, "He's spent enough. You wouldn't have any hammers that erupt with volcanic might when striking an object to blow it apart, would you?"

The old man nods consideringly as several hammers come floating out from the shelves. With a discerning eye, he grabs one as it dances past and gives it a test swing before presenting it to the troll with a smile. "Here we go... I think this one might just fit the bill..."

Boomstick
Not a weapon, but a weapon enchantment that may only be used on Blunt weapons, not including Ball and Chain types. It is a derivative of the Thunderhammer enchantment, but rather than doing an additional 2d6 damage and releasing a Clap of Thunder with every strike, the Boomstick enchantment instead causes the weapon to inflict an additional 4d6 damage from a fiery, localized explosion every time it strikes, much like the impact of a fairly low level Fireball but with a bit more punch. In addition to the extra damage, the force of the explosion is great enough to knock most humanoids off their feet (60% chance Humanoids 15 feet tall or shorter knocked down. Victim may Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact for half damage and to avoid being knocked down. Being knocked down means losing Initiative and 1 attack) Cost: 65,000 gold

The troll takes the weapon, testing its weight in his grip. "Any discount on two?" he asks. "I'll need two of these in ay case," he says, tossing a bag of gold on the counter. "There's 150,000 there, so if we might get the difference in healing potions...?"
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Reagren Wright wrote:
JuliusCreed wrote:

A broadsword
wicker basket
goblet
chariot
a dagger
caldron
whetstone
a coat
a bowl and dish
a chessboard
a cloak

Then I shall return in do time. If its any consequence the individual I originally learned this tale
from was Ormod Kossig, Court Wizard for House Ne'klosh.

After some very extensive research into this list, referencing and cross referencing any known similarities with the extensive library I have, as well as cashing in a few markers of my own in order to find out how ANY of these things were even related to each other in the first place, I have compiled the following information for you... I truly hope these are the correct items you seek as, quite frankly, there is no one unified set of items that includes all of these things. Truth be told, this is essentially a list of items, some related to each other, some unique individuals in their own right, that have been unearthed over the passing millenia and deemed as legendary items due to a combination of age, reputation, powers known and basic history of the items. Some of them may seem, well... underpowered, especially for something that is supposed to be able to make the gods themselves fear mortal hands upon them, but this can be mostly attributed to eras the item may have been initially created... what may seem like old hat now was likely a very powerful thing thousands of years ago. That said, I present to you my findings....
Broadsword; The Sword of the Moon: An ancient and unique artifact of great power appearing as either a broadsword or a bastard sword depending on the stories one hears, with a silver handle shaped in a definite female figure with arms held over the head, hands grasping a large moonstone orb that makes up the pommel of the sword. It also sports an unusually wide blade, approximately 6 inches across and nearly half an inch thick. Despite the oversized blade of the weapon, it is incredibly lightweight and supremely well balanced, reminiscent of the best crafted Dwarven swords, though not a hint of Dwarven craftsmanship shows, making the origins of this item a mystery. It's power is both singular and spectacular. It is best described by saying that the blade of the sword does not cut its victims, but rather the bodies of its victims rip themselves open to receive it. In game terms, the sword completely ignores AR of any kind, natural, artificial, magical or otherwise as whatever armor the victim wears, even their very skin, tears its way open to let the blade pass through. Damage from the weapon is an incredible 1d6x10, however if the victim is wearing any form of armor, whether artificial (like plate or chain mail) or magical, (such as Armor of Ithan or Psionic Force Fields) half of the damage inflicted is done to the armor with the remainder carrying through to the victim inside. For example, if used against a knight in full plate armor, the sword strikes for 40 points of damage, 20 points of that goes to the armor as it rips itself open for the sword, the remaining 20 goes to the person wearing it. If the victim has a natural AR of any kind (other than the implied natural AR of 4 that most creatures start with) they take full damage from the weapon. Strikes from the Sword of the Moon may be parried or dodged normally, however any weapon or shield that parries the sword suffers damage the same way armor does when the sword strikes it (ie 1d6x10 reduced by half) unless the parrying object is magically indestructible. Additionally, any damage a victim takes from this weapon cannot be healed through magical or psionic means. Not even divine intervention from the gods themselves can heal the faintest scratch from this blade. The only way to heal from this weapon's wounds is the old-fashioned way... bandages, surgery if necessary and TIME. The Sword of the Moon itself is Indestructible and, due to its light weight and superb balance, enjoys a +2 to strike and parry.

Wicker basket; Cornucopia of the Gods: A roughly horn shaped wicker basket that is often used for carrying and serving foodstuffs, the Cornucopia of the Gods has a similar function in its ability to create whatever kind of food it is commanded to in an endless supply. Upon command the Cornucopia fills with whatever food is requested and remains filled until a different type of food is requested. The catch is, the Cornucopia does not have an off switch... it is ALWAYS filled. If the basket is upended and dumped out, an endless stream of whatever food it is filled with will pour forth until it is turned back upright at which point the flow will stop, but the Cornucopia will STILL be full. Changing the type of food it produces is a simple matter of speaking the command word and requesting a different type of food. The only other drawback is that it only produces raw, uncooked/unprepared foodstuffs. Meat, eggs, fish, fruits, vegetables, grains, even milk and butter can be conjured by the cornucopia (no breads or rolls... those are a cooked item and no fruit or vegetable juices... they are a prepared version of them) but every single scrap of it will be raw and uncooked, requiring the user(s) of the item to cook/prepare it themselves. Oddly enough, while the Cornucopia of the Gods can produce milk, it cannot produce water.

Goblet; Chalice of Plenty: To be perfectly honest, I came across a dozen or more different magic goblets, including the Chalice of Dragonwright and even some interesting little thing called the Holy Grail. What caught my eye about this one is I found it in the same reference as the Cornucopia of the Gods, so I believe the two may be a part of the same set of items. Further bolstering this is the fact that the Chalice of plenty has a similar function. The only difference is, what the Cornucopia does for food, the Chalice does for drink. Wines, meads, ales, beers, hard liquors, moonshine... you name it, if it can be drunk, the Chalice can produce it. Unfortunately, it also has the same drawback as the Cornucopia; no off switch. it is ALWAYS full. Changing the type of drink is identical to changing the food of the Cornucopia; speak the command word and request a different type. Spill the contents out and it will not stop pouring (a dangerous concept in an enclosed area) And, again, even this little gem does not produce simple water! *shrug*

Chariot; The Lord's Chariot: A tough one to find, this item is an ornately crafted and decadently adorned conveyance designed to be pulled by 2 or 4 horses with room in the cart for up to 4 human sized passengers. While being driven, the horses tethered to it suffer only half the usual encumbrance penalties for pulling a load of any kind, enabling them to travel twice as far at speed and enjoy the ability to cross over any form of terrain with relative ease (half movement penalties for difficult terrain). The chariot can even be used to travel over the surface of water for fairly short distances! (up to 1 mile before sinking) The chariot itself, while being driven, radiates a Horror/Awe Factor of 16 that extends around itself, the horses pulling it and anyone riding in the cart making it very difficult for others to attack anyone driving/riding in it. The chariot also provides decent cover in combat from the high walls on its sides and front (no appreciable cover to the rear) roughly equal to a large tower shield. Lastly, there are a number of hooks and small racks along the inside of the walls of the chariot for hanging/stowing gear, one small rack in particular that is perpetually filled with normal javelins to be used by the driver and/or passengers (always at least a dozen at a time, magically produced by the chariot)

Head collar; Muzzle of Obedience: A rather strange item designed to be worn around the head and neck of a beast, it magically adjusts to fit the head of any animal it is put onto. Once buckled into place the target animal will become completely subservient to the owner of the muzzle, obeying any command given to it to the best of its ability, from guard duty to combat. Any command given that causes the beast to intentionally harm itself may be resisted by the creature with a standard save against magic of 12 or better. Success means the animal does not carry out its orders, but may be commanded to do so again with an additional saving throw applied every time the command is given. Frighteningly, this item also works on intelligent creatures and humanoids as well. Humans, Wolfen, Elves, Emirin, Dragon Wolves, Minotaurs, even most Demons, and Deevils can fall victim to its power! However, any creature with a higher than animal intelligence is allowed the same saving throw against magic for any command they are given. The only things an intelligent creature cannot do while wearing the Muzzle of Obedience is a> remove the Muzzle themselves and b> harm the owner of the Muzzle. The only things the Muzzle has no effect on are Greater Demons and Deevils, Demon/Deevil Lords, Gods and Dragons.

Dagger; Faldron's Key: A terrifyingly powerful weapon, Faldron's Key can not only cut flesh and sinew, it can cut the very fabric of space and dimensions! When properly activated, Faldron's Key is used to draw/cut a line in thin air which mystically opens a Dimensional Portal as per the Wizard spell. (PFRPG pg 216) The dimension the portal leads to is determined by the desires of the wielder, who must have visited the alternate dimension before, or randomly by the GM, and remains open for 10 minutes, during which time the wielder, as well as anyone else, may enter the portal to the new dimension. When the duration elapses the Portal closes automatically, sealing anyone remaining in the new dimension on the other side. The only real drawbacks... 1> as a weapon, Faldron's Key only inflicts the standard 1d6 damage of a dagger and 2> The Dimensional Portal is a 2-way opening; Whatever is on the other side can come through as well. Faldron's Key may be activated once per day. Proper activation requires the wielder to sacrifice of himself before opening the portal, usually by cutting him/herself with the Key, inflicting at least 5 points of damage before opening the portal.

Cauldron; Beggar's Pot: Appearing as a simple iron cauldron approximately 1 foot across and set on 4 stubby legs, it can be used as any other normal cauldron for cooking or brewing. Its enchantment, however, allows the user to cook ANYTHING. Literally. Any item thrown into the pot, regardless of how inedible, rotten or otherwise incapable of being eaten, can be 'cooked down' and turned into a relatively bland, edible grey mush. Broken bottles, wadded up pieces of paper, a short length of rope, an old shoe, add a couple pints of swamp water, heat and stir and in a couple of hours, viola'! Your party can make it through another day of no rations! While the taste isn't all that great (kinda like runny, unflavored mashed potatoes) it is nutritious enough to sustain a person as a regular meal. Any found, normal item may be used in the pot. Magical items are typically unaffected. (If someone gets the bright idea of throwing a potion or faerie food into the brew, thanks for the contribution, but the item is wasted and has no effect on anyone eating it) As a sort of added benefit, items that are considered poisonous or harmful to eat may be added with no harmful effects as all poisons are negated during the cooking. The mush itself may still be poisoned afterward, of course by adding it to the stuff after it's cooked, but it takes twice as much poison to have any affect and the victim enjoys a +3 to save. Bon apetite'!

Whetstone; Dwarven Stone: Many have speculated on how the secret techniques employed by Dwarves that allow them to produce such superior quality weapons. This particular item may be one of the answers to some of those questions. Appearing as an ordinary circular grindstone vertically mounted on an iron framework, the device is operated with a single footpedal at the base of the frame. Stepping down on an releasing the pedal causes the stone to turn on its axle. The faster the pedal is pressed and released, the faster the stone turns. A small copper bowl hangs in a frame over the stone with a small hole drilled in the bottom of it. When filled with water, the hole lets the water drip onto the stone, keeping it wet while the operator uses it to sharpen whatever weapon he's working on. Using this particular whetstone, however, not only sharpens the weapon, it imbues it with an incredibly sharp blade, granting any weapon honed by it with a bonus of +1 to damage per 15 minutes spent sharpening it, up to a maximum of +4 after a full hour. The user must devote all of his attention to the task at hand, spending the entire hour uninterrupted and never letting the stone go dry. An assistant may be employed to keep the wetting bowl filled (it typically runs dry in about 15 minutes) If the user of the stone stops for any reason, whether by choosing to stop, the Stone running dry or by being forcibly interrupted, the bonuses stop increasing and the stone may never be used to improve that particular weapon again. Please note, the Dwarven Stone does NOT grant any sort of magical bonuses. A normal broadsword sharpened by this device is still a normal weapon. The damage bonus gained is inherrent of being a high quality item. Also, the Stone will not work to improve a magical weapon of any kind, nor does it increase Strike or Parry bonuses.

Coat; D'Argon's Smuggling Jack: Rumored to have been created by an un-named god of stealth and thieves for one of his most devout followers, the Smuggling Jack appears as a very long brown leather coat (nearly touches the floor on most human/elf sized characters) with wide sleeves, a high, stiff collar, brass buttons along the length of the front and brass buckles on the cuffs and waist belt and a fairly loose hood hidden inside a pocket at the back of the neck. It sports 4 outer pockets, 2 large covered pockets at about waist level and 2 smaller uncovered breast pockets. Inside the coat however, is where the best feature lies; it is the entrance to a permanent Dimensional Envelope, similar to the ones created by instinctive Dragon magic. (see Dragons and Gods pg 13) Inside the envelope is a space approximately 10'x10'x6' completely removed from any other dimension with enough breathable air for one or two people to survive for up to 6 hours. Anyone wearing the coat simply buttons it closed, buckles up the belt and cuffs and draws the hood over their head and they are instantly transported into the envelope. To place anything else into it, the wearer simply places the item into the coat as though he were putting it into an inside pocket. retrieving items from the coat requires either fishing around by hand in order to feel out what they are looking for or entering the envelope as previously described. Once the envelope has been entered, exiting is done by either taking down the hood or opening at least half of the buttons on the front of the coat, either of which will return the wearer and the coat to their previous dimension. Anything left inside the envelope is safely stored until retrieved by the wearer. The best part of this item is the rumors that abound of the dozens of priceless treasures that may still be stored in the coat.

Bowl & Dish; The King's Service: Apparently related to the previously noted Cornucopia of the Gods and Chalice of Plenty, the King's Service is a rather plain looking plate and bowl constructed of chased silver. When used to serve food, any poisons of any types are completely negated upon contact with the item making whatever is served on them completely safe for consumption. Even Faerie foods served on these items will have no effect whatsoever on whoever eats from them. It should be noted, however, that the enchantment only works if the food in question is eaten from these items. Poisoned food placed on or in them and then later transferred to another platter will be poisoned again (or still, however you want to look at it)

Chessboard; The Game; One of the few items whose creation is a complete mystery even to me, The Game is a unique and compelling device. Part scrying tool, part manipulative device, The Game consists of a beautiful chessboard constructed of 64 2 inch squares of black and white marble set into a gilt gold base and 2 sets of chess pieces, (2 kings, 2 queens, 4 bishops, 4 knights, 4 rooks and 16 pawns) one carved from black marble with silver accents, the other from white marble with gold accents. Making use of this device is a very dangerous thing because it requires the user to inscribe his or her true name in their own blood on the board. From that point on, the Game functions as a crystal ball for the user. What's more, the user may target exactly who he sees on the board by inscribing their true name on one of the pieces on the board, again in his or her own blood, and placing the piece at its designated square on the board. from that point on, the user need only touch that particular piece to scry that person. When the user of the Game has enough 'players' on the board (at least 2 on each side) he may begin to subtly manipulate events around them for good or ill. For example, the user has a comrade's true name inscribed on one of the knight pieces of the board and, while scrying that person he sees him come under attack. The user may move one of the other pieces on the board into a position that reinforces the knight's position in the game. Suddenly, the user's comrade starts doing better in the battle, whether by subtle combat bonuses to himself, penalties to his enemies or even in the form of some timely interruption or reinforcements coming to save the day. Alternatively, if an enemy happens to be gaining an advantage in some way, a piece on the board may be moved to threaten their representative piece, thus causing some form of misfortune to befall them or even an outright attack by someone/thing. Caution must be used when getting named pieces in the Game to interact with each other. People the user of the Game may consider friends and allies may or may not consider each other the same way. The idea of the Game is subtlety in manipulation, not overtly forcing someone's actions. If, for any reason, any of the people that have a piece representing them on the board dies, their piece will automatically remove itself from the board. Pieces that are named may also be reset by removing the user's blood from the piece (thus removing that person's true name) and inscribing a new true name as before. The user's blood may only be removed from the pieces with holy water. If the user ever wishes to relinquish control of the board, he must remove his name from the board with holy water and have a successful Remove Curse cast upon it. There are some limitations to moving pieces around on the board; First, all moves must be legal chess moves, bishops moving diagonally on their color squares, rooks along rows and columns in straight lines only, the king one space at a time in any direction and so on and so forth. Second, one side cannot move more than one piece at a time. If your friend's piece is a white knight and you've already moved a white piece, a black piece must be moved before another white one can be moved to help him. And finally, even the Game is not infallible. If your friend is in trouble, even if you help him there is no guarantee that he will win. However, the stronger the piece you can manage to get into place to help him on the board, the more powerful the help he will receive will be. Either way, use caution. (Special note; It is best to keep an item like this out of your players' hands, or at least not let them keep it for very long. The problems it can cause for a GM are enormous unless you have extremely well disciplined players. Best to keep this as an interesting side note for them to try and fight in the hands of a villain)

Cloak; The Shadow: A unique and frightening artifact, the Shadow appears as a long hooded cloak that appears to be made of pure darkness. When worn it begins to write and twist as though it has a life of its own, granting its wearer a Horror/Awe Factor of 12. It also possesses a few strange and terrifying powers.
First, upon command the cloak will erupt with up to a dozen shadowy tendrils that will leap out to ensnare victims to drag back into the dark depths of the cloak. When activated in this way, the user of the cloak sees his Horror Factor raise from 12 to 16. The tendrils have an effective PS of 25 with 50 SDC. Anyone pulled into the cloak is then swallowed whole and bombarded with a relentless assault against the emotional centers of the mind with horrifying images of death, destruction and worse. Victims swallowed must save against magic at 14 or better. After a few seconds (the equivalent of 2 melee attacks) victims are ejected from the cloak. Those that made their save are the lucky ones, shaken up and cold, suffering a -3 to strike, parry, dodge and initiative for 1d4 melee rounds and take 1d6 damage from the cold, but are otherwise unharmed. Those failing to save suffer horribly as they are reduced to gibbering lumps of fear, curled up in a fetal position, barely capable of coherent thought, much less action, reduced to one action per melee (no attacks) -5 to parry or dodge attacks against them and no initiative for 2d4 melee rounds, plus 2d6 damage from bone numbing cold and roll to save against Insanity or gain a random trauma induced insanity.
Second, the cloak can be commanded to engulf a single victim in close proximity, completely swallowing them into the darkness and draining their very life essence. Victims engulfed in the cloak suffer 1d6 damage direct to HP every melee round, getting colder and colder as time in the shadows seems to slow to a crawl, seconds feeling like an eternity, until they are finally ejected at the will of the wearer of the cloak. Survivors must roll to save against trauma induced Insanity and are completely incapacitated after being ejected regardless of how much or little damage was taken, reduced to no attacks or actions for 1d6 rounds. Damage done to engulfed victims is also used to heal the wearer of the cloak of any damage he has sustained, if any. If the wearer is at full HP and SDC. the damage is not absorbed, merely swallowed by the cold darkness. Note; Characters of Good alignment will NEVER kill a person by engulfing them in the cloak.
Drawbacks of the cloak are simple and potentially devastating. Regardless of the wearer's alignment, items and magic that has a particular effect against evil will function against the wearer. Thus, the wearer cannot enter a mystic circle that protects from evil, if a magic weapon does double damage to evil beings it will do double damage to the wearer and so on. The wearer also takes double damage from magical fire, including Dragon's breath, and holy weapons. Holy water and symbols have no adverse effect.

"Well.... that's what I've got. I hope it helps you in your knowledge quest... now, about the payment for my time and services rendered...." :D
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

pblackcrow wrote:The Female leans down and gets the pouch, and says "Thank you."
The soft spoken one says, "Could you write the command down? For now, let's talk trade. We need 6 human metamorphosis rings, and also what might I inquire do you have in horse shoes? Climb, or well anything that could help us explore a labyrinth?"

The old man nods with a smile, inspecting the cabin and murmuring softly to himself before it flashes with an odd orange light. setting it down, he turns and scrawls something on a slip of paper and hands it to the soft spoken of the trio. "That will activate the cabin, bringing it up or down, same word either way. As for trade, let's see... 6 metamorphosis rings..." he looks the trio over with a wry grin. "Yeah I figured you folks were with the others that came in here earlier... The rings in question come in at 150,000 each... 6 of those will run you 900,000. A bit on the steep side for you at the moment. However, you and your friends are some pretty good customers... and I'm betting you'll be back quite often. tell you what I'll do... I'll knock them down to half price just for you. Of course that still leaves you needing about 250,000 short, but... throw in that puzzle box, the ankh necklace and the tiger figurine and I'll call it even and throw in a set of fresh shoes of choice to each of you. Speaking of fresh shoes, I do have a few selections you might consider..."

Non-Slip Horseshoes: Appearing as a standard set of iron horseshoes, once applied they allow a horse (or Centaur) to climb extremely steep surfaces, though not completely vertical, with little chance of slipping or falling. Essentially on very steep surfaces, whatever wears these horseshoes gains a Climb skill of 85%. Cost: 2000 per set of 4

Speed Shoes: Finely crafted set of horseshoes with a few odd symbols engraved on the hoof side. When applied, they double the speed of the creature wearing them. However, the wearer still suffers normal fatigue rates. Cost: 5000 per set of 4

"I'd also like to recommend Silver Shoes and Horseshoes of Thunderous Attack, especially considering your chosen profession. You'll find them in aisle one over there (points to page 1 of the thread) As for items to help you negotiate a labyrinth... same place, aisle one... Directional Indicator Devices, Portable Holes, Mystic Maps... even a Door! No, really... it's there. Is there anything else I can do for you folks?"
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
JuliusCreed wrote:

Boomstick

The troll takes the weapon, testing its weight in his grip. "Any discount on two?" he asks. "I'll need two of these in any case," he says, tossing a bag of gold on the counter. "There's 150,000 there, so if we might get the difference in healing potions...?"

He nods with a generous smile, plucking another hammer from the air as it floats by and handing it over as a wooden case appears on the counter. "Fair enough... 2 Boomstick Warhammers at 130,000 and the difference in healing potions. I'm guessing you'll want the superior type so there's a case of 25 of them for you. Will that be all for you gentlemen?" He gives a sly smile as Auntie Remus appears at the sound of money hitting the counter, virtually teleporting behind the counter and snatching the bag up with a playful wink to the troll before vanishing from sight again.
Reagren Wright

The scholar reads your list and smiles. "Thank you," he says. "You wisdom in such matters is
indeed worthy of being titled legendary. I pray that you do not suffer the God's wrath for having
revealed this list to me. Take care Uncle Remus for this listen of 13 was supposed sealed and
having unearth its content, who know what fate may become of you." The scholar takes his list
and cackles as he leaves the shop.
Reagren Wright

Reagren Wright wrote:The scholar reads your list and smiles. "Thank you," he says. "You wisdom in such matters is
indeed worthy of being titled legendary. I pray that you do not suffer the God's wrath for having
revealed this list to me. Take care Uncle Remus for this listen of 13 was supposed to be sealed
and having unearth its content, who know what fate may become of you." The scholar takes his
list, dumps a hefty bag on the counter, and cackles as he leaves the shop.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Reagren Wright wrote:The scholar reads your list and smiles. "Thank you," he says. "You wisdom in such matters is
revealed this list to me. Take care Uncle Remus for this listen of 13 was supposed sealed and
having unearth its content, who know what fate may become of you." The scholar takes his list
and cackles as he leaves the shop.

The old man chuckles softly, bowing only slightly to the praise. "Revealing the list to you tempts not the gods wrath more than any plans you yourself may have for it. Take care yourself with the knowledge you have been imparted, for what you do with it decides what actions the gods may take much more than anything I have done. Truly if the gods sought to keep the knowledge of these items from the hands of mortal men then, one would think in all their infinite wisdom, they'd take greater care in hiding it from them. Good luck to you in your journeys, good sir."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Topic has been made sticky per request and review of said topic.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”