My Ideas for rifts, chaos earth and Heroes unlimited...

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

psiandco
Explorer

My Ideas for rifts, chaos earth and Heroes unlimited...

Unread post by psiandco »

A few of my ideas:
1. a fiction article about a micro power technology: based on "sonoluminescence" and the pistol shrimp's bizarre attack.
2. a fiction article about pre-rifts golden age spacecraft: "Spaceships aren't welded" Tailored sheets of Graphene and Carbon nano tube "yarns", meets spray on "Foaming liquid metals".
3. a fiction article about anti-gravity technology: Artificial Gravity technology- How does it work! for the Hard science fiction readers.
an introduction to "Fundamental force conversion".
4. Miguel Alcubierre, Harold "sonny" White, breakthrough propulsion program: about "Warp Bubbles" spacecraft "shields", safe inertia defying moves, space flight and interstellar travel.
psiandco
Explorer

Re: My Ideas for rifts, chaos earth and Heroes unlimited...

would you be interested in reading such articles?
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Yeah, sure - as long as the articles were written "in universe", with references to existing Rifts (or Chaos Earth, or Heroes Unlimited) technology and how these ideas relate specifically to that tech. Something to make it relevant to Palladium games. E.g., who is the fictional article writer and where are the articles fictionally published? Is it a CS propagandist espousing the Coalition's incredible technological marvels? Is it a Northern Gun promotional publication? A dry government memo from before Chaos hit the Earth describing NEMA's current technological capabilities? A secret black-market catalogue for super-criminals from Fabricators Inc.?

Even better would be to use each article as an intro, followed by actual statted-out equipment that the GM and players can use in their games.

I see you've also made a couple of posts in the Rifter forum - write the articles up and see if Palladium likes them for Rifter #86! :)
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
psiandco
Explorer

Soldier of Od wrote: Yeah, sure - as long as the articles were written "in universe", with references to existing Rifts (or Chaos Earth, or Heroes Unlimited) technology and how these ideas relate specifically to that tech. Something to make it relevant to Palladium games.

These articles are based on "real world" content: I can assure you, I'd never have imagined sonoluminescence or the pistol shrimp in a thousand years. So, you may have to put up with me writing about those very real things for a bit. I feel these articles would give a measure of substance to all the single sentence blurbs about "Micro-nuclear" power supplies or "micro-fusion" devices, among other things. Wouldn't it be interesting to learn how these things could one day be? A scientific anchor to our everyday reality?
but, to add a fictional origin for Palladium's MEGAVERSE... yeah, I can do that.
I will make up a fictional "futurist blog" based out of Red Bluff Ca. That will make the articles "Rifts-proofed" as the west coast states do not exist in Rifts.
Another in game historical location; California, say in, Rio Linda or Red Bluff, will have a team of college professors trying to get a Research grant?
Another location: Tacoma Washington, how about an investigation group with a conspiracy theory about the origin of super-powered mutants?
Location: Medford Oregon, a team from the Lazlo group (beyond the supernatural 2) makes a discovery.
Location: Bermuda Triangle, a small group of strangers wins a trip... only to disappear and never be seen again? (*A tale of shipwreck survivors trying to escape from Rifts Atlantis?)

These articles could survive on CD/DVD or external hard drive in an old coots lockbox only to be scavenged by a "M.A.R.S." type character...
a 320 year time capsule perhaps?
So, my first project will be "articles from the 21st century" to broaden the depth or add substance to our favorite Palladium fiction.

Soldier of Od wrote: Even better would be to use each article as an intro, followed by actual statted-out equipment that the GM and players can use in their games.

I will definitely do this as well. Lunchbox or toolbox sized water fueled "Fusion" power supplies would be interesting, as well as explaining what an E-clip is and how they work.
Or an advertisement for a "pop up" steel shed (50ft by 50 ft by 30 ft) with 3-d printer that can fabricate a "one person star fighter" among other things.
Perhaps a brief stay at a space resort while you wait for your spacecraft to be "inflated"...

Soldier of Od wrote: I see you've also made a couple of posts in the Rifter forum - write the articles up and see if Palladium likes them for Rifter #86! :)

I will go for it! 8) :shock:
psiandco
Explorer

https://youtu.be/XzZP0k6FA5U
Of interest: CNTAM Carbon Nanotube artificial muslces.
https://youtu.be/yMPdalMa1_c
and...
https://youtu.be/137k61CRW88
things to ask yourself;
what makes Cybernetics/bionics/power armor, of the future work?
How much power does it need to work?
How efficient is it?

for all you smarty pants fellers out there... 8)

(*Secretly tho... :? can you make the future happen, NOW?)
are you or aren't you a scientist/engineer/whatev's...?
Do you have the stones to inovate
or just recite the books to stagnate?
I challenge you.
Last edited by psiandco on Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
psiandco
Explorer

EXO's, mind reading helmets, H.U.D.s, multi-optics, and much much more.
Today's elite soldier has more optional extras packages than a BMW.
https://youtu.be/PY_Jh8p5QQE
psiandco
Explorer

over the next few days I will share->
More old as dirt videos about tech we should ALREADY have in 2022.
I was born in 1970 somethin.
and... THIS IS THE FUTURE?

boy, what a let down!

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”