Question: Rifts software.

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LethalLight29
Newb

Question: Rifts software.

Unread post by LethalLight29 »

so i am a semi new player to rifts. I was wondering if there was any software that is free or cheep that can assist me in finding rules and information from the books. also is there any software that can be used off line that will help me build a character sheet and manage it with the ability to add home brew equipment and stats?
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Question: Rifts software.

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Short answer: No.

Long answer: NOoooooooooooooo.

(At least nothing official, and nothing fan-made I've heard about. There WAS a glitchy character generator WAY back, but I think the key word is "glitchy.")
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Prysus
Champion

Re: Question: Rifts software.

Unread post by Prysus »

LethalLight29 wrote:so i am a semi new player to rifts. I was wondering if there was any software that is free or cheep that can assist me in finding rules and information from the books.

Greetings and Salutations. While not software, there was a rules compilation thread on these forums.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=119140

Maybe not exactly what you were looking for, but will hopefully still help.

LethalLight29 wrote:also is there any software that can be used off line that will help me build a character sheet and manage it with the ability to add home brew equipment and stats?

There are some fillable PDF character sheets, but probably not what you're looking for.

If you just want to make your own though, spreadsheet programs such as Excel or Google Sheets should work well. I did something like this for Palladium Fantasy (not Rifts) using Excel and I think it works well (you can check it out on the Palladium Store). I also know there's someone online who is (or at least was) working on a Megaversal character sheet (meant to include all game lines) using Google Sheets. That one I don't believe is available to the public at this time (and whether it ever is legally would be between that individual and Palladium).

Note: While these may not be of great use at this time, the main point is to demonstrate how these things are possible. The main reason I never personally did anything like the PF Sheet for Rifts is I don't really play Rifts and wasn't sure of a good layout and what critical information needed to be included.

Most of that probanly doesn't help much. But if a Rifts version of the Palladium Fantasy Interactive Character Sheet (you can watch the linked Tutorial video to get a feel for how it works and what it's capable of) would fill your needs, I'd be willing to offer some help. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”