Phase world rules for intercepting missiles

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cbrekkas
D-Bee

Phase world rules for intercepting missiles

Unread post by cbrekkas »

I was wondering are there rules for intercepting/destroying missiles for Phase World? For example how many rounds does it take for a cruise missile to reach their intended target? For example how many rounds does it take for a missile volley from a Berserker to reach its target greater than point blank range? The description says that at point blank range 1-3 miles there are no chance to shoot down any of the missiles but what abiout greater ranges?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Phase world rules for intercepting missiles

Unread post by Warshield73 »

cbrekkas wrote:I was wondering are there rules for intercepting/destroying missiles for Phase World? For example how many rounds does it take for a cruise missile to reach their intended target? For example how many rounds does it take for a missile volley from a Berserker to reach its target greater than point blank range? The description says that at point blank range 1-3 miles there are no chance to shoot down any of the missiles but what abiout greater ranges?

This comes down to the speed of the missiles, speed of the ships, and the geometry of the two vessels. The problem is we don't have great information on the speed of the missiles so you have to choose the rule you like and go with it.

I personally multiple the speed by 10, this puts most missiles in the Mach 20 to 30 so they can not be outrun but there is no good rule for how fast they actually are.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”