2nd Edition Witch-Hunters

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SirSpamHammer
Explorer

2nd Edition Witch-Hunters

Unread post by SirSpamHammer »

One of my players wants to play a Witch-Hunter so badly, and since we are using 2nd Edition rules they...

They have a issue with the lack of P.P.E points for them in 2nd edition and reckon that Witch-Hunters should have the same as P.P.E as Warrior-Priests since they are a particular version of Warrior-Priests themselves.

They also have a issue about how the witch hunters should have bonuses to save vs. witches that the book doesn't say it has.

I know it's my game (It is now!) and what I says goes, but I would like to be a very accommodating GM and give them them what they want. My problem is that it's my first game and I don't know enough about the Witch-Hunter O.C.C. to know exactly what to give them here myself. I would like to tell them to play another O.C.C. that is fully explained and properly converted to 2nd edition. But then again, I would like to be the good guy GM that doesn't do that...

????
Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Re: 2nd Edition Witch-Hunters

Unread post by Kraynic »

I think the player may be missing some info. They do have bonuses according to page 37 in the Yin-Sloth Jungles book:

Impervious to Possession & Mind Control: This includes all charms, hypnosis, and illusions.

Resistance to Witchcraft: +4 to save vs any spells or magic cast by a witch, his/her familiar or demon/devil master!

The first applies to any source, while the second is only against witch and witch related sources.

I"m not sure how the conversion to PPE goes, but they have a set and fairly limited spell list (18 + the automatic Sense Evil and Sense Magic) and they don't get to choose new spells each level, though choices come relatively quick for the first 6 levels before drying up. You could just use the casts per day if that is agreeable to your player, since their magic is fairly limited. There is probably a resource somewhere for converting casts per day to PPE, but I'm not sure where it might be found. Hopefully someone else will post if such a thing exists.
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

I was going to ask you whether the information you gave me is all from 2nd edition. As I posted your answer as a personal message to that player, I will post their reply up here for you to read and answer, if you please.

[/quote]Quote from player...

"That’s the thing, the amount of spells per day is a 1st edition thing. Remember 1st edition doesn’t use PPE. To convert to 2nd edition, you have to convert to PPE
Like I said a good benchmark would be the priest OCC since witch hunters are a version of warrior priests."[/quote]

I did it this way, because, I am a bit slow regarding this O.C.C.
Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kraynic »

SirSpamHammer wrote:I was going to ask you whether the information you gave me is all from 2nd edition.

To my knowledge the Yin-Sloth Jungles book has never been republished for 2E, which means the info we have on the Witch Hunter is 1E. That is why I mentioned the conversion to PPE in my last post, and said you might just stick with casts per day. I have no idea if the warrior priest your player mentioned is a good fit or not. I'm not sure which book it is from to look at it and see if the "flavor" is similar.
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

So, I passed on your reply and it looks like they are some what satisfied with that. They're going to go with using the Priest's P.P.E. for 2nd Edition Witch-Hunter...

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”