HU2 submissions

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

HU2 submissions

Unread post by leonmallett »

Hi, I have plans for a few submissions for HU2. To that end I have been at pains to avoid threads around here that may have similar material to that I have written (I stopped reading the new powers thread when I thought of this). Anyhoo the things I plan to submit are:

1. New categories - currently 6-7 depending on the writing being complete and use in an upcoming campaign to test some of them out.

2. New minor powers - about 25 or so, again planning to test some in the upcoming campaign. Hopefully sufficiently original.

3. New major powers - about 20 or more, again planning to test some in the upcoming campaign. Some ideas not covered in the HU/PU books, but represented in comics and related fiction.

4. A revision of an existing power to bring it a little closer how I think it would work given a translation of physical laws into game mechanics.

5. A couple of adventure ideas.

6. A location offering setting, adventure hooks and some rules material.

Now my question is would I be best breaking some of these things up and not submitting as one whole lot, as there will likely be a lot of material all told? Also, any things that you wouldn't bother submitting?

Sorry I can't be specific, but you all understand why I am sure. Any (positive or negative) thoughts will be most welcome, folks.

Thanks Leon.
HU2 fan.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I'd break it up a little. You could send 3.4.5 submissions. Just make it
a good grouping, and instead of adventure idea, try and entire adventure.
Even if it doesn't make the Rifter, if they are planning on releasing ]
download adventures it could become one.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

It sounds like it has a great deal of possibilities for the Heros UNlimited.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

Reagren Wright wrote:I'd break it up a little. You could send 3.4.5 submissions. Just make it a good grouping, and instead of adventure idea, try and entire adventure.
Even if it doesn't make the Rifter, if they are planning on releasing ]
download adventures it could become one.

Thanks for the feedback. By adventure ideas I meant that full adventures would be submitted. :ok:

In fact each would likely have staging notes to allow them to be altered should the G.M. need to adapt them.
HU2 fan.
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Test those new categories in your campaign as well as the new powers.

Break up the articles as several submissions.

I wouldn't bother adapting an existing power.

Adventures would be a good option (as said, future PDF releases are the ticket).
leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

AJ Pickett wrote:Test those new categories in your campaign as well as the new powers.

Break up the articles as several submissions.

I wouldn't bother adapting an existing power.

Adventures would be a good option (as said, future PDF releases are the ticket).

Thanks.

The limitation in some ways is that with only four players and myself, testing all the of stuff I have been writing may be limited. But I'll try and weave everything in through NPC's and the like. The adventure submissions will be based off the campaign but re-written to be more generic.
HU2 fan.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”