Rifter 3 - Spatial Mage

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

hup7
Wanderer

Rifter 3 - Spatial Mage

Unread post by hup7 »

"The Spatial Mage can learn only the following regular spells, without any change to their description or statistics: Tongues, See the Invisible, Dispel Magic Barrier, Energy Field, Seal, Summon Familiar, Summon Greater Familiar, Sense Magic, Detect Concealment, Fool's Gold, Chameleon, Befuddle, Armor of Ithan, Negate Magic, Eyes of Thoth, Protection Circle: Lesser, Fireball and Ward." (p79)

For those who don't have Rifter 3 or haven't read Spatial Mage get a bunch of Temporal and Transport spells - usually at lower level and cheaper PPE costs, but have a very limited spell list.

All of the others make some sort of sense to me but Fool's Gold and Fireball?

Note: Rifter 3 was old school and predates Book of Magic / RUE but it is post Federation of Magic, so it wasn't for lack of spells.

Thoughts on why? Or recommended replacements?
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Rifter 3 - Spatial Mage

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

I figure it was to cover bases, being a basic attack spell and source of money when times are desperate. I don't think switching them out for something of similar level and/or intent is that big a deal. Call Lightning and Carpet of Adhesion would be a lazy answer for a strength cap.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”