All Quiet on the Western...What? Q and A

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

All Quiet on the Western...What? Q and A

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

Well, Rifter 84 as been out for a little over 3 weeks. For those of you who read it, do you have any questions about All Quiet on the Western...What?! that you would like answered?
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: All Quiet on the Western...What? Q and A

Unread post by mrloucifer »

What inspired you to write this article?
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

As long as I can remember, I have loved history. It was my major in college.

Back in 2014, I started watching a YouTube channel called The Great War. On it they followed WW1 from it's outbreak to it's conclusion week by week exactly one hundred years after it happened. One day while watching it, a thought popped into my head. "With all of those thousands of people dying in one spot day after day, that would produce a lot of P.P.E. and I bet a lot of psi stalkers would be in the area." This was the seed that germinated into the adventure.

I originally envisioned the adventure as a much simpler one. You would investigate psi stalkers. I then came up with the title. After the title, I decided I had better read All Quiet on the Western Front if I was going to borrow it's name. It gave me the inspiration for trench rats. I thought about it some more and decided that other creatures might be attracted to the P.P.E. as well.

I then had the idea of needing to get the German intelligence as it's own mission. That really helped make it feel like it was set in WW1. I then decided that the psi stalkers would be early versions of the mutants. So I made them life force drinkers instead. Then I thought that these strange conditions might be the genesis for these creatures.

Finally the adventure needed a grand finale. Something to take things up a notch and end with a bang. I also took the idea from horror movies where the supposedly dead killer comes back for one last scare. Thus the idea for the final battle.
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Very nice!

Side note: I'm announcing it here first... Mr. Jays made 10 Soldier characters sheets for this adventure, and he has sent them to the House of BTS!

You want them? Well, then click here to come on over and get them! :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”