Rifter Article on Time Travel by Greg Spivey and Jason Smith

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Silvananthus
D-Bee

Rifter Article on Time Travel by Greg Spivey and Jason Smith

Unread post by Silvananthus »

The article on Time Travel I mentioned in the subject line is one of my favorite articles to ever appear in the Rifter and I first wanted to thank the authors but I also wanted to get an update, if any on the status of project (I believe they said they had two books worth of material). I know that books don't always materialize for many different reasons but I for one would love to see some more information on the Subject of time travel as they described it.

I know there are products that deal with time travel that have been produced by Palladium Books before but I for one was really "pulled in" to that Rifter article. If no books are forthcoming soon I was wondering what more information the authors might have and if more articles might be a way to disseminate some of that information. I don't know if these particular authors frequent the forums but I would love to hear more about their work and how I might find out more about their ideas on Time Travel!

So if anyone knows anything about the article or where I can get some more of the info produced by these authors I would love to hear about it. Thanks!
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Rifter Article on Time Travel by Greg Spivey and Jason S

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Silvananthus wrote:The article on Time Travel I mentioned in the subject line is one of my favorite articles to ever appear in the Rifter and I first wanted to thank the authors but I also wanted to get an update, if any on the status of project (I believe they said they had two books worth of material). I know that books don't always materialize for many different reasons but I for one would love to see some more information on the Subject of time travel as they described it.

I know there are products that deal with time travel that have been produced by Palladium Books before but I for one was really "pulled in" to that Rifter article. If no books are forthcoming soon I was wondering what more information the authors might have and if more articles might be a way to disseminate some of that information. I don't know if these particular authors frequent the forums but I would love to hear more about their work and how I might find out more about their ideas on Time Travel!

So if anyone knows anything about the article or where I can get some more of the info produced by these authors I would love to hear about it. Thanks!

Are you saying that some previous writings have already been published in a Rifter on the subject of time travel? If so, can you point me in the right direction? I'd love to check out any past stuff. I agree, it would be very interesting to read more on this topic. Thanks for starting the conversation!
Silvananthus
D-Bee

Greg Spivey and Jason Smith wrote an excellent article on how to handle Time travel in Palladium Book in Rifter 56 Page 37. In the article the author says they have spent several years developing two books worth of information on Time Travel and how to handle it and the ramifications of it. The article is one of the better that I have read in the Rifter and I have a strong interest in finding out more about the rule set and backstory that he (they) has (have) developed. Sometimes the authors frequent these boards and so I thought a post might reach them.

I highly encourage you to read rifter 56 if for nothing more than that excellent article. Anyways, I am happy to talk about any other Palladium time travel related stuff, Rifter articles, etc. as I am thinking about having time travel influence a campaign I about to run.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

I ust got Rifter 56 from DrivethruRPG. I look forward to the read. Thanks!
Silvananthus
D-Bee

Jack Burton wrote:I ust got Rifter 56 from DrivethruRPG. I look forward to the read. Thanks!

You bet! I really liked the ideas that the authors put forward and I could really see how they could flesh out a lot more ideas with time related magical spells and time related psionics as well time related technological advancements etc. I hope you enjoy the article as much as I did!
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Silvananthus wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:I ust got Rifter 56 from DrivethruRPG. I look forward to the read. Thanks!

You bet! I really liked the ideas that the authors put forward and I could really see how they could flesh out a lot more ideas with time related magical spells and time related psionics as well time related technological advancements etc. I hope you enjoy the article as much as I did!

Thanks again everyone for the kudos!
- Greg
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Really liked this article!

Kindest regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Hendrik wrote:Really liked this article!

Kindest regards
Hendrik

So glad you guys enjoyed it!

Thank you!
- Greg Spivey

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”