Rifter Submission Rules

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Iron Sorcerer
D-Bee

Rifter Submission Rules

Unread post by Iron Sorcerer »

The guidelines seem a bit conflicting, do you only email the submission, email and mail or just mail the submission with the signed consent form?
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Re: Rifter Submission Rules

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

You e-mail the submission then mail in the signed consent form. You can mail the submission in with the consent form, but that is less efficient for you (printing more stuff, potentially higher mailing cost) and just piles up Wayne's office.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

when i sent mine in, i Emailed it, then mailed in a physical copy, a CD with a digital copy, and the form. probably overkill, but back then Wayne was really bad at responding to emails (i don't think he's gotten better?) so duplicating seemed prudent in case he missed the email.

sadly it arrived right in the middle of the CoT and the building move, so it got lost in the procvess. it wasn't till the Rifter 0.1 project got cancelled that they decided the one i'd resubmitted for that one was worth printing.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

glitterboy2098 wrote:when i sent mine in, i Emailed it, then mailed in a physical copy, a CD with a digital copy, and the form. probably overkill, but back then Wayne was really bad at responding to emails (i don't think he's gotten better?) so duplicating seemed prudent in case he missed the email.

sadly it arrived right in the middle of the CoT and the building move, so it got lost in the procvess. it wasn't till the Rifter 0.1 project got cancelled that they decided the one i'd resubmitted for that one was worth printing.

I do the same thing will all my submissions. I even let them know by email that I'm planning on
sending the material before hand.
Iron Sorcerer
D-Bee

Unread post by Iron Sorcerer »

What is the proper email address fro Rifter submissions?
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

I emailed a scanned copy of everything signed. If they accept the publication they can then print the form themselves.
BTW, I've never been published.
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

What would be great if they web site had a page to upload a document and you use your mouse to sign your name and date stamp it. That would make the whole process faster and more simple. Mind you paper work is important too. I suppose a larger digital infrastructure would be required on Palladium books side.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”