Thinking of a possible submission...

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jimbo
Wanderer

Thinking of a possible submission...

Unread post by Jimbo »

But I am wondering about a couple of points. First off, is it ok to reference/use material from previous issues of the Rifter? Would there be any issues with that? Secondly, is it alright to reference previously published canon adventures/NPCs and the like? Don't want to waste everybody's time submitting the something that has no chance of flying.
Jimbo
Wanderer

Re: Thinking of a possible submission...

Unread post by Jimbo »

Seems odd to reply to myself, but after reading some old Rifters I answered my own question. Duh! Read before speaking. Lol
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Jimbo wrote:Seems odd to reply to myself, but after reading some old Rifters I answered my own question. Duh! Read before speaking. Lol

Yo Jimbo,
:)
With any project the 1st step should always be doing your research. In the CAD class I took that was the one thing that was hammered into the class. Cause there might be something in appendix 24c.5 that effects how you do your work.

This is why when I wrote up my psionic device maker power cat. [Techno Psychic] I looked at all (four) of the classes (1 RCC [SA2] & 1 PCC [WB12] from rifts, 1 PCC from BTS/NB, & 1 OCC PF1) that already in canon before even started writing. This was so what I wrote would not conflict horribly with the what good text that was already written while fixing the broken set of rules from the RCC.

yep, I submitted it. Don't know why I have not had any response.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Jimbo
Wanderer

Unread post by Jimbo »

Thanks Drewkitty. Point well taken. What I am looking at sending in may go a bit against Canon but should stay close enough inbounds to make it viable.
Fermat
Explorer

Unread post by Fermat »

I would think references are all right, as long as they don't interfere with understanding the piece. If another Rifter is mandatory for understanding the adventure, that might be too far. However, a something that adds depth or options should be fine.
Jimbo
Wanderer

Unread post by Jimbo »

Have reassessed the potential length of the adventure I am looking at and decided that a shorter version might be more well received, which excludes the need of a specific Rifter. Anything that I do need from an issue could be included if I do it this way.
Iron Sorcerer
D-Bee

Unread post by Iron Sorcerer »

Do you send your submissions by email or normal mail, the description seems contradicting.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Jimbo wrote:Thanks Drewkitty. Point well taken. What I am looking at sending in may go a bit against Canon but should stay close enough inbounds to make it viable.

You just described the vast majority of the Rifter :lol:
So you should be in good company.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

Iron Sorcerer wrote:Do you send your submissions by email or normal mail, the description seems contradicting.

I asked Wayne about this personally at Gencon, and he said that electronic submissions are welcome now with the attached pdf needed
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”