2 Submission Questions

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Fermat
Explorer

2 Submission Questions

Unread post by Fermat »

I know these are probably basic but:

1. Electronic Submissions. Due to various reasons, snail mail submissions are problematic for me. While the info section mentions electronic submissions, it seems a little thin.

2. I know that the response time can be long, so I am considering also sending my works to the Black Vault and putting them on the forum. Would this affect their acceptance?
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: 2 Submission Questions

Unread post by Jefffar »

I can't give official answers, but I would recommend against posting online anything you intend for publication on general principles as it may make ownership of said item legally murky.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1) Your answer is in this page--> http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... Itemid=188

Hint: if you scroll down you will miss it.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

It doesn't make anything legally murky.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
Fermat
Explorer

Unread post by Fermat »

This is all it says
>> If you already have "good stuff" on-line, send us an Internet/Web address with a note pointing out what we should look at for consideration in The Rifter®. Large works may be serialized in sections over two or more issues.

>> or if you’re submitting something that’s on the web for approval first when it’s accepted we will need a disk with all of the HTML codes taken out.

This doesn't really help me too much. Do they want a shared google doc or something else? Black Vault or forums? Has anyone tried to do this?
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Fermat wrote:This is all it says
>> If you already have "good stuff" on-line, send us an Internet/Web address with a note pointing out what we should look at for consideration in The Rifter®. Large works may be serialized in sections over two or more issues.

>> or if you’re submitting something that’s on the web for approval first when it’s accepted we will need a disk with all of the HTML codes taken out.

This doesn't really help me too much. Do they want a shared google doc or something else? Black Vault or forums? Has anyone tried to do this?

Greetings and Salutations. I'll speak from my personal experience.

I sent my submission to the email address provided (can be found in like the first sentence of the link provided). I attached a Word document to the email. I included things like setting (for me that always meant PF) and title of my article in the message to make it easily identifiable (to help remind someone what it was at a glance). This is a method I know works.

The guidelines mention stuff already online will work, but I don't know anyone who's tried to submit in this way, so I can't speak to how well it works.

Now, if you have trouble mailing anything, that can still be a problem. Last I heard, the UMF must be a hard copy (no scanning and sending a PDF or anything). If you just lack a printer, the guidelines mention you can contact them and they'll mail you one. Then you'd just have to mail it back. If you just can't use mail at all, you'll probably have a problem. This rule might've changed, but I don't think so.

I personally include a hard copy (printed out copy, but that's it) with my mailed UMF, but I don't believe that's necessary (just good advice if you can manage it).

Other methods may work, I have never tried them personally. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

The stuff I wrote for the early Rifters were first posted to the Palladium Mailing List and on my website. I never had any problem with it and the wording in the submission guide has not been changed since then.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Some of the monsters and humanoids that appear in Rifter #57 and #58 appeared here on the board
first. Once I knew which ones were going to appear in print I removed them from the fantasy post. As for
submissions, I always send one via email to the rifter via a Word attachment. Then I send the completed
unsolicited form with a copy on CD and a printed out version. Being doing it for a while this way so its
gets read at least 3 optional means.
Lori
Wanderer

Unread post by Lori »

Fermat wrote:I know these are probably basic but:

1. Electronic Submissions. Due to various reasons, snail mail submissions are problematic for me. While the info section mentions electronic submissions, it seems a little thin.

2. I know that the response time can be long, so I am considering also sending my works to the Black Vault and putting them on the forum. Would this affect their acceptance?

1. Then that is on you. I wouldn't recommend submitting w/o using snail mail. As well as I would do a CD and email.

2. Posting what you've written doesn't impact acceptance... However, so much more easier for someone to take an idea you've written and run with it. Post at your own risk. I would recommend making a few friends here (or elsewhere) and getting a good edit/critique of you're ideas and grammar...

Best of luck. ;)

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”