Any chance the advertising can be removed from the Rifter?

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Any chance the advertising can be removed from the Rifter?

Unread post by jedi078 »

I can understand the rational for Rifter issues initially having 10 pages of updates/advertisements for palladium products when it was first published in the late 90's. Not many people had regular access to the internet. But today with just about everyone plugged into the internet it just seems to me that those 5-10 pages worth of advertisements/updates could best be used to feature another submission (or two).

Consumers subscribe/buy the Rifter because of the articles, and more articles might just increase both individual sales and subscriptions.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Any chance the advertising can be removed from the Rifte

Unread post by Glistam »

The amount of space devoted to ads was the reason why I initially let my subscription lapse way back when The Rifter was only still in the early 30's. It was years before I bought a Rifter again, and those purchases were intermittant, based on reviews and recommendations from others.

When the content of The Rifters that I received wasn't impressing me, having pages and pages of the same ads that I'd already been seen time and again really made me wonder, "Why did I pay for this again?"

I'm not saying to remove it entirely, but it certainly could be lessened or maybe even rotated in and out so it at least seems different from issue to issue.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”