Rifter Adventure Series Format

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Majestic
D-Bee
Comment: Keep Calm and Author On

Rifter Adventure Series Format

Unread post by Majestic »

Hey all.

I have been reading several adventure formats for RPGs as of late and wanted to get some feedback on a template I have been working on. The template is listed below but can also be found here.

Have a look and let me know what you would change/add/drop. Thanks!

Oh, and for examples of the Hook, Line and Sinker format, I used the following examples within the forum

Adventure Series Format

Introduction

Insight: Personal blurb on why this adventure series was created (e.g. a quick "mind-of-the-author" paragraph), include anticipated player character group size and initial character levels
    Using this Adventure: How does this adventure fit into the game (RIFTS, Dead Reign, HU2, PFRPG, etc.) literature?
    Local Lore: Fun facts about the setting, enemies, Non-Player Characters, and the like in the adventure
    About the Setting: Explaining the highlights of the setting from a very high-level summary
    Adventure Synopsis: An overview of the adventure (or adventure series) in four paragraphs or less
    Pacing: Describes the flow of the adventure (e.g. rushed, rushed with pauses to rest, long breaks between events to prepare for an assault, etc.) and expected character level progression by Adventure Parts

Adventure Part 1
    Flavor Text: No more than a paragraph
    Scenario Setting and Summary
    Challenge and Reward -OR- Hook, Line and Sinker:
    Challenge and Reward
      Challenge Description (with skill checks, enemies, obstacles, etc.)
      Reward Description (if any)
    Hook, Line and Sinker
      Hook: Opportunity or event that encourages player characters to get involved (and start or continue the adventure)
      Line: Additional challenges or events that occur as a result of the player characters taking the Hook-OR-
      Line: Actions of player characters and results/consequences of actions (list format)
      Sinker: Unexpected turn of events/challenges the player characters must survive or defeat to gain a reward (if any)
      Rewards (if any)
    Non-Player Character statistics/information: Include three/four bullet points of potential side-adventure information for each Non-Player Character
    Tables/Figures or Maps
    Sidebars (where applicable): items descriptions, weapon descriptions, locations, non-player character changes, enemy/monster/villain references in other books, etc.
    Completion Adventure Part 1 Info: Do player characters get to rest, buy new items, make new allies, receive new assignments, continue down the path, etc.?
    Adventure Part Bridge: What are the consequences of the player characters actions/results and how does it affect/drive where the player characters will go next?

Adventure Part 2
    Repeat format of previous Adventure Part

Adventure Part N
    Repeat format of previous Adventure Part

Conclusion
    Epilogue: What are the consequences of the player characters' actions on the setting/geography? What potential new/repeated threats are there in the future? What new advancements/losses are gained by the player characters?
    Adventure Rewards (if any)
Majestic
D-Bee
Comment: Keep Calm and Author On

Re: Rifter Adventure Series Format

Unread post by Majestic »

J.L. Duncan wrote:And thanks for contributing this to the Palladium Formats thread-been awhile since anyone contributed to it.

It's been a while since I've even been online. So much so that I can't even remember the email address for my previous forum username. :(

Thanks for the compliments.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Rifter Adventure Series Format

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

I would like to say that your interpretation of an Adventure Series Format is very useful to people like me, should my RPG skills evolve to the point of creating adventures using the Palladium rule system. Good job on figuring such a good format out by the way. :-D Personally, I hope that one day in the future I can put it to use! Anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good week.

whassupman03 8)
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”