Placements of NPCs in an article

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Placements of NPCs in an article

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Dear readers,

I am currently writing a N&S adventure. There are a lot of NPCs statted out. Some/Most of these stats will be referred to more than once throughout the adventure.

My question is: Would you rather see the recurring NPC stats (e.g. average ninja, main baddie, main henchmen, bond girl etc.) as they appear OR in an NPC section at the back?

It's an either/or question, no duplicating stats.

Im leaning towards as they're introduced atm.

Thanks for your input.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Slight001
Hero

Re: Placements of NPCs in an article

Unread post by Slight001 »

Go with as they're introduced, generally feels more natural.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

My vote is for gathering them up and placing them all at the end. Maybe put them in order of appearance.
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

krate wrote:My vote is for gathering them up and placing them all at the end. Maybe put them in order of appearance.

Ok. This is what Im going with. Two groups of NPCs (teams etc.) and the rest of the cast in order of appearance!

As it happens, that's how theyre stored in my folders!

Many thanks.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

J.L. Duncan wrote:It would be great to see something N&S; I'm routin' for ya!

Its done. NPC stats are done (about 35!). Plot done. Adventure written. Just playing it as our weekly game so I can test the plot and include some hints and tips in the write up)! It is an epic adventure that begins many avenues for a campaign.

It's also very tongue in cheek with as much humour, cliches and nods to spy movies as there is action (which is a lot). Plus it is a real mystery unravelling adventure.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

Layout probably isn't anything you're involved with, but I would love for these to be presented as one, at most two, per page with an illustration for each that I could easily photocopy and mark up during a session.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

All my previous layouts havent altered from the submission including the adventure.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”