Kezel...feedback and questions for Jo Larsen

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Kezel...feedback and questions for Jo Larsen

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Reading though the flavor text at the beginning I noted that it first stats that the kezel powers are a result of mutations in the humans' genes, then there is the oxymoron statement, when taken in relationship to the afore mentioned statement, that they have a very low rate of being able to be cloned.
If the powers are a linked to the humans' genes then they can be cloned as well as a normal human can be cloned. If it some other thing that makes the kezel a kezel then it was omitted from the text.
Spoiler:
Definition of cloned is to produce a viable being from the genetic material of an exiting being.
Cloning is not making a COPY of the person being cloned.

In the "Knight and Pegasus Status" text it looks like there is a typo in line 4 of the bonuses. It says they get +1d4x10 ISP. I would think this should be +1d4x10 PPE.

In the Master Regulator Status text the first line "..., he or she may opt to evolve to become a Master regulator." it appears that two words 'to evolve' got inserted into the phrase "..., he or she may opt to become a Master regulator."

Question 1 In the char text it implieds that the full body ethereal aura was the basic aura. But in the power description is says that an "Active aura is required for use of this power"
If the full body ethereal aura is not the basic aura to be active, then what is the basic aura activation?

Question 2 In other powers is states "Bestowal is required for this power."
Does this mean that the powers with this requirement are only available to "Bestowed Kezel" or does it take another Kezel to bestow/train the power to another, otherwise the power is inaccessible to all kezel?
(in other words are they like magic tattoos in that they have to be 'given' to the kezel, or just gained like a Mind Mage gets psi powers but are limited to BK?)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Kezel...feedback and questions for Jo Larsen

If the Kezel has the Defined Talent from the 'special human traits and abilities' table and it's bonuses applied to the aura manipulation powers of the kezel, what would be the effect?

Would it let the kezel have a 2nd speciality?
Would it impruve the speciality they have?
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
zor_prime1
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by zor_prime1 »

Hi Drew! Thanks for the questions and feedback. I'm going to try this again since what I tried to post before didn't take.

First: Of course they can be cloned like any creature with DNA. However, the cloned or gene-spliced person wouldn't guarantee to have the Kezel gene activate. The intent was make it difficult to create a clone army of Kezel. The creator would have to wait until the person reached puberty to find out if the gene activated. To add to the deterrent, bestowal provides a few difficulties. First, they would have to find two bestowed kezel willing to train and bestow the clones. Second, the bestowal for a cloned person is often fatal. If it wasn't fatal, the aura would be green. While they could have full access to the powers for the bestowed kezel, the wouldn't be able to train or bestow other kezel. Their green aura would be a sign to other kezel that they were 'unworthy' to be bestowed.

As for the I.S.P., yes that is a typo and should be P.P.E.

Also, you are correct about the 'to evolve' to. It's a grammar mistake. :o

Answer 1: This line in the power was an oversight. It infact is the power that other powers rely on. So it does not rely on itself. Good catch. :lol:

Answer 2: It means that the status of 'Bestowed Kezel' must be acheived before selecting the ability. The eligible powers are meant to be selected like psionic abilities (like a Mind Mage) or like magic spells rather than being applied like the tatoos.
Last edited by zor_prime1 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I've been senile for as long as I can remember!" - I forget
zor_prime1
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by zor_prime1 »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:If the Kezel has the Defined Talent from the 'special human traits and abilities' table and it's bonuses applied to the aura manipulation powers of the kezel, what would be the effect?

Would it let the kezel have a 2nd speciality?
Would it impruve the speciality they have?

First, to which 'special human traits and abilities' table do you refer? I'll have to take a look at that.
Until I know more, let me make this statement: If the Kezel had a 'natural human trait or ability' (that wasn't a power of another kind like psionics or a super power), then the trait would improve the specialty they have. It's an advantage and may be the reason the character picked that specialty.

I hope these answer your questions. I'm sorry I didn't reply before now. I just hadn't been browsing the site this week.

Please reply and let me know if this does or doesn't answer your questions sufficiently.

Thanks!
Joe Larsen
"I've been senile for as long as I can remember!" - I forget
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

In the Rifts Lonestar book, about the middle between the text about MOM'ed dogboys (there is a pic of a MOM'ed/Knobby dogboy there that I use a a reference when I'm flipping through the book to that section) and the Psi-X aliens.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”