Rifter 50 Query

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nadrakas
Explorer
Comment: Strength through Unity, Unity through Faith!

Rifter 50 Query

Unread post by Nadrakas »

Anyone know if Rifter #50 is going to be reprinted? This will be the only one that I am missing (After purchasing the last few ones this past week, that is...).

Thanks...

~ M
Chicago Broadcast, 12 DEC 2098, M.P.: wrote:We are the People of Earth. Those Things are not of Earth. Our path is clear and simple. We belong here, they do not. I, for one, will do everything in my power to close the Gates so we can send those things back to whatever Hell they came from!! NOW, WHO IS WITH ME!!!

Visit Nadrakas's RPG Corner
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Rifter 50 Query

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

It is no longer standard to do reprints on Rifter so not likely.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

You can look on Ebay for it. I found a bunch on Ebay today. That or look in the Classified section of this site to see if someone is selling it.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

Aren't the Rifter reprints available PDFs?
If not that's a source of income that should have been tapped no matter how small they think PDF sales are.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
Nadrakas
Explorer

Thank you everyone.

Shawn...:( Too bad on the reprints...but I understand.

Juce734 -- I'll check e-bay (after checking the classifieds)...I wanted to give the business to P.B.

Gamer - I'll query the Classifieds a little later (Though I'm not too hopeful...I'll still give it a good try.). As for a PDF version...agreed. I'd like to see P.B. sell PDFs on their Store, especially books they are unlikely to reprint.

...sigh...

Again, thanks all.

~ M
Chicago Broadcast, 12 DEC 2098, M.P.: wrote:We are the People of Earth. Those Things are not of Earth. Our path is clear and simple. We belong here, they do not. I, for one, will do everything in my power to close the Gates so we can send those things back to whatever Hell they came from!! NOW, WHO IS WITH ME!!!

Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Gamer wrote:Aren't the Rifter reprints available PDFs?
If not that's a source of income that should have been tapped no matter how small they think PDF sales are.

They currently have up to issue 48 on DriveThruRPG.com and will add more as time passes.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Nadrakas
Explorer

Shawn Merrow wrote:

They currently have up to issue 48 on DriveThruRPG.com and will add more as time passes.

Thank you kind sir!

~ M

MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

lol. Seriously, you're that confident that you know more about PDF sales than the people who are actually selling PDFs? I've heard the numbers directly from Kev on how Palladium's .pdf's are selling and they don't support making a massive investment in digitizing the entire Palladium Megaverse.

Nadrakas, good luck on your search, I'd say EBay is a good source for finding a physical copy. Bring it to the next Open House in a couple of years and I'll be glad to sign it for you, as would everyone else involved.

-Mike
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

MADMANMIKE wrote:lol. Seriously, you're that confident that you know more about PDF sales than the people who are actually selling PDFs? I've heard the numbers directly from Kev on how Palladium's .pdf's are selling and they don't support making a massive investment in digitizing the entire Palladium Megaverse.

-Mike

Probably because the PDFs available via DriveThru are barely raw scans, if they were of the same quality that we have for the Lemuria PDF, they would do significantly better. In order for digital offerings to sell well they must be better than what the pirates put out.
MADMANMIKE

Yes, it's true that some of the older .pdfs are raw scans, because Palladium books published in the old "paste up" style until a few years ago; there literally are no digital files to convert to .pdf for the old books.

However, that's only true for the older books.

BTW, Rifter 50 was added to drivethrurpg yesterday.
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

MADMANMIKE wrote:Yes, it's true that some of the older .pdfs are raw scans, because Palladium books published in the old "paste up" style until a few years ago; there literally are no digital files to convert to .pdf for the old books.

Not having OEF isn't the end of the world for quality PDFs, even with scanning them in, you could make sure that A) The pages are straight (which they aren't in many of the DTRPG PDFs) and B) Correcting the OCR with proper text (which the ones on DTRPG don't even have rudimentary OCRing done, much less corrected OCRing)
MADMANMIKE

Jedrious wrote:
MADMANMIKE wrote:Yes, it's true that some of the older .pdfs are raw scans, because Palladium books published in the old "paste up" style until a few years ago; there literally are no digital files to convert to .pdf for the old books.

Not having OEF isn't the end of the world for quality PDFs, even with scanning them in, you could make sure that A) The pages are straight (which they aren't in many of the DTRPG PDFs) and B) Correcting the OCR with proper text (which the ones on DTRPG don't even have rudimentary OCRing done, much less corrected OCRing)

Instead of just complaining about how crappy they are, why don't you actually do us all a service and list which ones have been done poorly so that we know what to avoid, or even better, can point it out to Palladium so they can rectify the problem?

I look forward to your reply..

-Mike <8]

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”