Wayne needs your Rifter submissions

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Wayne needs your Rifter submissions

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Jedrious wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:
PhellaOne wrote:Here's a question: If Palladium Books is scraping the bottom of the submission "barrel", will they inform the authors of their submission's status faster? Or will it still take upwards of two years to get a response? If there aren't that many submissions left to go through, they should have a faster turn-around on status notifications. No? Just wondering, I still can't submit anything, I'm using it all.

I believe it was the fact that the submissions were lost, not that there weren't any. Sure I heard this but could be wrong.

You heard correctly, it was discussed by Kevin in the latest Gateway to the Megaverse podcast.

See, I listen.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Panomas wrote:
Panomas wrote:Somebody send me an official PM and I will happily send what I got, by email-90 plus pages with maps!!

There are sections that are finished and could be used for the rifter-but I was putting all together for a manuscript.

Otherwise I should be done by June/July

Hope you guys get what you need.

Edit: I was already seperating the writing up any way so it could be used for either/or

Submission Sent!!
;)

Good luck. :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
PhellaOne
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: 3-73 Cavalry. Leading the way! Airborne!!!
All hail CJ, Future Ruler of the Megavesre!

Unread post by PhellaOne »

The Dark Elf wrote:
PhellaOne wrote:Here's a question: If Palladium Books is scraping the bottom of the submission "barrel", will they inform the authors of their submission's status faster? Or will it still take upwards of two years to get a response? If there aren't that many submissions left to go through, they should have a faster turn-around on status notifications. No? Just wondering, I still can't submit anything, I'm using it all.

I believe it was the fact that the submissions were lost, not that there weren't any. Sure I heard this but could be wrong.

The submissions were "LOST"? With the "editing" issues, horribly late releases, disgruntled freelancers, the "crisis", and NOW LOSING IP (intellectual property/submissions)... kind of makes you wonder "what the hell is going on over there"?
All will bow to CJ, Future Ruler of the Megaverse!

"Storytellas Studios... that's how we imagined it!"
http://www.storytellasstudios.com (I've bought and registered the domain, next is buying the servers!)
StorytellasStudios@groups.live.com for now.

Game on! Long live Palladium Books!!!
Xbox Live gamertag: xX PhellaOne Xx
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

PhellaOne wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:

The submissions were "LOST"? With the "editing" issues, horribly late releases, disgruntled freelancers, the "crisis", and NOW LOSING IP (intellectual property/submissions)... kind of makes you wonder "what the hell is going on over there"?

That's a quote taken out of context, the submissions weren't lost, they were misfiled, significantly different issues when it comes to the legal rammifications of IP.
The Raven
Explorer

Unread post by The Raven »

PhellaOne wrote:The submissions were "LOST"? With the "editing" issues, horribly late releases, disgruntled freelancers, the "crisis", and NOW LOSING IP (intellectual property/submissions)... kind of makes you wonder "what the hell is going on over there"?

Misplaced would be more like it. Kevin stated in the same Gateway to the Megaverse podcast that the submissions were found in a box in another office.
Things happen, boxes get moved in prep for conventions, but the submissions were found again.
"Women and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it."
-- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love, Lazarus Long

Carl Gleba wrote:Well said Raven :ok:
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

The Raven wrote:
PhellaOne wrote:The submissions were "LOST"? With the "editing" issues, horribly late releases, disgruntled freelancers, the "crisis", and NOW LOSING IP (intellectual property/submissions)... kind of makes you wonder "what the hell is going on over there"?

Misplaced would be more like it. Kevin stated in the same Gateway to the Megaverse podcast that the submissions were found in a box in another office.
Things happen, boxes get moved in prep for conventions, but the submissions were found again.

happens frequently with moves, i'm afraid. my family has misplaced an entire personal library because a box got labelled "to garage" instead of "so and so's room"

took me a month to find that half of my palladium collection. i was really ticked.

and the first place i applied for college too had been in the middle of moving their enrollment department. they misplaced my application and those of a few hundred others. missed the start of the semester. they were polite enough to evaluate the applications for the following semester anyway, didn't get in there.

given how much stuff palladium would been moving, i'm not surprised a box or two of unused manuscripts got misplaced.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

Well I think I'm about to throw my hat into the ring and send in a short story, Maybe if its well received it could turn into a book.
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
PhellaOne
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: 3-73 Cavalry. Leading the way! Airborne!!!
All hail CJ, Future Ruler of the Megavesre!

Unread post by PhellaOne »

Shawn Merrow wrote:They need more Rifter submissions, seeing your name in print is a thrill that is well worth the effort.

Palladium Books® Weekly Update – April 5, 2012

HELP! Desperate NEED for written Rifter® submissions!

Wayne’s file of submissions he feels suitable for publication has dwindled down to almost nothing. If we don’t receive new written material soon, we’ll have nothing to put into the pages of The Rifter®!

We’re not quite sure why more fans are not submitting written material for publication. After all, The Rifter® is a “fanzine” created for YOU – fans of Palladium, players, Game Masters and budding writers (and artists). We WANT and NEED your source material submitted for possible publication.

Much of the material we see submitted to the digital Rifter #0.1 and #0.2 as well as stuff posted on many fan web sites is exactly what were we are looking to print in The Rifter®. Yet, in recent months, people are not submitting them to us. Web sites are cool, but please submit them to Palladium Books for consideration for actual publication too.

Palladium has found many of its writers and artists via Rifter® submissions. Something like half of the freelance writers and artists working for Palladium got their start in The Rifter®. It is a great way for us to try out new talent and for you to get discovered. If you’d like to see a book manuscript published by Palladium, your odds improve if we get to know you first through several articles submitted for The Rifter®.

PLEASE SEND SUBMISSIONS FOR The Rifter® AND SOON!

We want source material, adventures, gaming advice and tips, character sheets, etc., that are 8-25 pages long. We will consider larger submissions that can be split between two issues, but 8-25 pages are perfect. Just send raw text with bolds and underlines. Do not try to format your submission like a printed book.

We always need material for After the Bomb®, Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth™, Heroes Unlimited, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies™, Rifts®,and Splicers®. Don’t be afraid to submit. We are seeking new talent and new ideas. And even if Wayne doesn’t find it good enough for publication, it’s worth giving it a shot, right? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Who knows? You might be one of our next great writers.

Please consider this your personal invitation from me, Kevin Siembieda, to submit work for publication in The Rifter®. Help!

Note: No, this is not the last issue of The Rifter®, but we are in desperate need for new, fun source material to publish. Game Masters, players and fledgling writers, please submit your game material. And soon! Thanks.

Rifter® Submission Guidelines

Sooooo... I'm guessing they "found" the misplaced material AFTER April 5th of 2012? Not sure that would explain everything... :|

(Original BOLD type removed and redone by me, PhellaOne, to point out my issues with this explanation.)
All will bow to CJ, Future Ruler of the Megaverse!

"Storytellas Studios... that's how we imagined it!"
http://www.storytellasstudios.com (I've bought and registered the domain, next is buying the servers!)
StorytellasStudios@groups.live.com for now.

Game on! Long live Palladium Books!!!
Xbox Live gamertag: xX PhellaOne Xx
The Raven
Explorer

Unread post by The Raven »

PhellaOne wrote:Sooooo... I'm guessing they "found" the misplaced material AFTER April 5th of 2012? Not sure that would explain everything... :|

(Original BOLD type removed and redone by me, PhellaOne, to point out my issues with this explanation.)

Correct. Kevin said on Gateway to the Megaverse that they found it in another office after they put out the plea. This doesn't mean you shouldn't send submissions on. And I am still planning on sending my material in.
"Women and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it."
-- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love, Lazarus Long

Carl Gleba wrote:Well said Raven :ok:
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I have a list of my next six articles or so that will be plugged in between other writing projects.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

The Galactus Kid wrote:I have a list of my next six articles or so that will be plugged in between other writing projects.

Where are the spoilers?....
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
The Galactus Kid

The Dark Elf wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I have a list of my next six articles or so that will be plugged in between other writing projects.

Where are the spoilers?....

I've posted a few of the spoilers around the forums. One will discuss Technojackers (from Splicers) a little more in depth and have some new unique abilities and equipment for them. Another will discuss Splicers medical technology. I also have another one in the queue that will update the Rifts: Mercenaries O.C.C. to the R:UE standard like I did in Rifter 55.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

just wondering if any of the contributors turned freelance writers could answer a question for me. Would it be a good idea to turn in a series of short stories with source material attached to them as they come along or as a full package when they are all completed?

Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Forgot to mention did finally pick a project. I'm working on a Chaos Earth short story, so far six pages into it.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
The Galactus Kid

calto40k wrote:just wondering if any of the contributors turned freelance writers could answer a question for me. Would it be a good idea to turn in a series of short stories with source material attached to them as they come along or as a full package when they are all completed?

Send the short story series and all characters in as one bunch. That way Wayne can break it up as he sees fit.

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Galactus Kid wrote:
calto40k wrote:just wondering if any of the contributors turned freelance writers could answer a question for me. Would it be a good idea to turn in a series of short stories with source material attached to them as they come along or as a full package when they are all completed?

Send the short story series and all characters in as one bunch. That way Wayne can break it up as he sees fit.

Thanks for the advice

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

another quick question are swear words allowed in rifter submissions not dropping f bombs or any deragatory terms just a few gems here and there for character style nothing off of the Carlin list lol

The Galactus Kid

calto40k wrote:another quick question are swear words allowed in rifter submissions not dropping f bombs or any deragatory terms just a few gems here and there for character style nothing off of the Carlin list lol

I would say probably not. Try to find other ways for the character to relay the same feeling. Like Battlestar Galactica's "Frak" or the eternally famous "Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder"

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
calto40k wrote:another quick question are swear words allowed in rifter submissions not dropping f bombs or any deragatory terms just a few gems here and there for character style nothing off of the Carlin list lol

I would say probably not. Try to find other ways for the character to relay the same feeling. Like Battlestar Galactica's "Frak" or the eternally famous "Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder"

Frakin' scruffy lookin' nerf herders....Frak them to hell :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

lol ok glad i didnt use my normal way of speaking

sagajr
Wanderer

Unread post by sagajr »

Greetings!

I would like to ask you how much time it is worth to wait before someone ask about his article from Mr. Wayne Smith?
I sent a Phase World article (starship design rules) to Mr. Wayne Smith/Palladium Books (and I know they got it, because I have the postal service' acknowledgement of delivery) in May, but has not got any response or notification.
Who am I ask about this?

Thanks for your answer.
My Flickr phostostream with pictures of various ships and deckplans: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67590659@N04/
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

sagajr wrote:Greetings!

I would like to ask you how much time it is worth to wait before someone ask about his article from Mr. Wayne Smith?
I sent a Phase World article (starship design rules) to Mr. Wayne Smith/Palladium Books (and I know they got it, because I have the postal service' acknowledgement of delivery) in May, but has not got any response or notification.
Who am I ask about this?

Thanks for your answer.

Wait til this time next year.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Galactus Kid

The Dark Elf wrote:
sagajr wrote:Greetings!

Who am I ask about this?

Thanks for your answer.

Wait til this time next year.

That sould be good. If you're really wanting to know, give the office a call and ask to speak to Wayne.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”