How do I do this? (Me thinks there should be a sticky)

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

How do I do this? (Me thinks there should be a sticky)

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

How do I submit a Rifter article? I am getting it edited now by a friend. I have one more page to knock out addressing specific issues and about three more O.C.C.'s to stat out.

I posted the (draft) of my first completed O.C.C. to try to get peoples opinions to see if I had made them to power/weak or just flat out too lame.

You can see it HERE.

Do I have to post it, can I e-mail?
How does it work -- how do I submit?

I have the impression there is a form I need to fill out.

Peace! :D
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Re: How do I do this? (Me thinks there should be a sticky)

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Akashic my friend,

Just follow this link.

A few items of note:

- You can submit either through the regular postal mail to the address on that page, or you can submit by e-mail (there's a link right near the top, but its in small-ish print, right under the big bold "Guidelines for All Rifter® Submissions". I've done both myself.

- Either way you submit, you will need to send PB a hard copy of the Unsolicited Manuscript, Idea and Artwork Agreement (there's a link to the agreement right below the link for the e-mail). PB needs your original signature on the form, so I'm afraid you'll have to spend whatever it costs to mail an envelope halfway around the world but hey, it's a small price to pay for Rifter fame, right? :D

- Pay very close attention to the tips in the "Some Technical Stuff" section. It seems like nit-picking, but it really can make the difference between being chosen to be published and not being chosen.

- This is really important - be patient. Wayne sometimes delays articles that he's picked to go with an upcoming theme, so your material might not appear in the first, second or even third Rifter that comes out after you submit it. Keep your fingers crossed, and don't be afraid to send Wayne an e-mail or two (or two hundred) to find out the status or what's going on.

So, I hope that helps.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Try and not post anything you submit on the message board or if you did make sure you delete it.
Also I send a joint package meaning I e-mail Wayne my submission and tell him when I'm sending
the signed Unsolicited Manuscript Page by mail. I also send a CD with the submission saved on it
and a completed printed out version as well with the UM signed and dated. How I submit for the
Rifter is exactly how I send in manuscripts only manuscripts you send to Kevin and Rifters go to
Wayne. And yes its okay to e-mail Wayne after a while to check up on status. Then its the
waiting game. Sometimes they will respond, sometimes they don't. However, just because you
don't appear in the Rifter with the manuscript this time, wait a year, do some editing, and try
again.
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

:ok: Excellent responses. Both spot on :ok:

Good luck Akashic Soldier.
ImageImage

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”