Killer G.M. Article Poll

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

I think this article is?

Good
20%
Bad
28%
Ugly
4%
Weird
32%
Awesome
4%
Other (leave comment)
12%

Total votes: 25

Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Killer G.M. Article Poll

Unread post by Bill »

You left "stupid and pointless" off your poll.

Warning: Trolling.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Bill wrote:You left "stupid and pointless" off your poll.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

You know, I think the very best thing that any one has said was Severus Snape, here.

It's not good, but not bad. Just as base advice. It's technically ok, but not the kind of material the Rifter usually prints. When I read Rifter articles, I read for game content, rather than for gaming advice. Maybe that's just me.
I now realize that you were going for a humor angle, and I never got that. I think that's one of the reasons why I never gave you any feedback. I didn't express that I just didn't "get" the article.

I'll publically apologize for poor private communication. I'm sorry that I never replied to you. I couldn't put into words what Severus did a nice job of.

So, again. Sorry!
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

This just seems like something that would be something gaming groups joked about and not actually necessary. Good fun idea bro but your time is better spent on something else in my honest opinion! :D
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

Sorry, I never got the whole "How to GM" sections in books either, so it's not you're writing, it's the content. All a GMing section needs to say is, "As a GM, you are GOD, you control everything in the game." And from there, either the GM is a jerk, or not. That is all.

However, #11 is me all the way. But not only did I refuse to get out of it, I refused to fight anything that may hurt my armor. I mean, once it's hurt, how the heck do I fix it? Rifts doesn't have treasure tables and I can only carry so many suits of P.A. under my arm to resell at the next city...
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

I have read the article as "tongue in cheek", a humourous anti-guide to being a good GM. I think the article achieved that.

That said, I have to agree to some of what has been said before. In essence, (i) I don't think the Rifter will publish the article as is (maybe because) (ii) it is written in a way that makes it "easy" to miss the point that it is meant tongue in cheek and (iii) a Killer GM is a horrible thing and does not need - even humourous - endorsement. I enjoyed reading the article, though. You made some very good points like "do not show up late", "play in character", but you might have wanted to save sentences like "you insolent fool", even when being humourous about it. Despite the latter, I think you can write pleasingly, Panomas, but as Akashic Soldier said maybe your time would be better spent on a different topic.

Now, even if some do not share my sentiment or think the article is trash, there is no reason to bash poor Panomas in the way it happened. Here is a fan who is brave enough to face and seek the critique of his peers to improve. Naturally, he then will have to face some wind in his face but there is no reason not to be nice and polite, and of course constructive about it.

Cheers
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

It made me laugh, Mate. I don't believe it would be a fitting article for the Rifter. Although, they are filled with a lot of dribble for Rifts, so I don't see why not. I DO agree with you. I consider it rude when players talk over both me and other players. Me, because I have to type out stuff and then have a computer read it out loud...If I am interrupted I have to stop the text to speech program, answer him, then track down where I was when it happened, and continue from there. So, it's just gets to be a ruddy pain when I am half way through the intro or explaining something and the player either interrupts me or talks to a player or talks over me when I am playing. We started deducting experience points for it.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
gdub411
Wanderer

Unread post by gdub411 »

Bill wrote:You left "stupid and pointless" off your poll.

Warning: Trolling.

I agree.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Not bad.
St. Evil
Explorer
Comment: Looking to start the Really Evil League of Evil, because the League of Evil wasn't evil enough.

Unread post by St. Evil »

My group and I got a few laughs out of this, thanks for the effort.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”