Question about the Absconder O.C.C.

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Re: Question about the Absconder O.C.C.

Unread post by Kovoston »

Captain Roric wrote:What I've read in the time travel article looks interesting so far but I need some clarification on the Absconder O.C.C. Under the O.C.C. Skills Note section it mentions that as a former Temporal Agent they may continue their O.C.C., gaining new skills in place of old ones or specialize in skills from their former O.C.C.

So does that mean that can stay as their original O.C.C. and just swap some Absconder skills they want in or vice versa use the absconder skills and just swap in a few of their old skills that want to keep?

Hello Captain Roric,

Yikes! - I have to appologize that I have not seen your question earler! Sorry about that. The question is a great one and here is the answer.
When the Absconder was "hired/recruited" to join the Bureau they may have have a skill set that is presented in the O.C.C. and can add the skills that the job requires for Time Travel. I created it (the O.C.C.) this way because so many of my players wanted to run a character the way that they were brought into the Temporal Bureau, and not just be cookie cutter Agents. The same is true for one who had no skill set and just became an Agent (with no prior training at all) - they get these similar skills in order to perform the job (problem is they left the Bureau to go off and do their own thing so they have lost a lot of specialty training and can not get such anywhere else!

Because the Absconders no longer have the ability to train under the tutilage of their Former Masters the Temporal Bureau (also called the Warders of Time). They have to make due with the skilsl that they use on the field (say if they go to a parallel universe that hasn't got technology or some such) they have to use the skills that they encounter to survive, That said, you can use what ever skills you think will work with the game you have been in or are running (old dead skills or new high technological skills) etc...

Thank you for teh question! What is the game scenario?
:)
-G
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Which rifter is the Absconder O.C.C. in?

The description of how to handle the skills is that the chars that come to the Bureau that already have Classes get a M.O.S. to supplement their class, but those chars that start off as a bureau agent get to be the True Absconder O.C.C.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Which rifter is the Absconder O.C.C. in?

The description of how to handle the skills is that the chars that come to the Bureau that already have Classes get a M.O.S. to supplement their class, but those chars that start off as a bureau agent get to be the True Absconder O.C.C.

What Drewkitty said Captain!
:)
G

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”