An idea (and maybe more ways to sell stuff for PB)

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dunia
Adventurer

An idea (and maybe more ways to sell stuff for PB)

Unread post by Dunia »

I started buying a Rifter magazine, but I decided that it was for me a waste of money as I only play Rifts. The rest of the pages are pretty useless to me, so I came up with an idea; I would happily buy a PDF version of the Rifter magazine if they did special PDF editions, with only stuff for 1 game: A collection of Rifts 1-56, a collection of Chaos Earthh, or Dead Reign...So i only get the games I want.
It cannot be that hard for PB to have someone assigned to just cut/and paste all articles from the various rifters into a compendium for each game.
Dunia
Adventurer

Re: An idea (and maybe more ways to sell stuff for PB)

Unread post by Dunia »

I do not say that we should not have the Rifter as it is, but for those players who use aonly one or a few games, you should be able to buy just those articles from PB.
One of the players in my group just wrote a simmilar letter to the company that makes the other game that we play, and they actually thought it was a good idea, so I was hoping that maybe PB would at least consider it.
If now PB for so long has been on the verge of bancrupcy singe ''the time of the great betrayal'' that we must hear about it at least once or twice per year, then maybe selling a PDF article for $2-4 would actually help them as well as they could see which type of articles that are sold most and thus get a unofficial poll on what articles to have in the future)
Dunia
Adventurer

Unread post by Dunia »

TheWay wrote:
Dunia wrote:I started buying a Rifter magazine, but I decided that it was for me a waste of money as I only play Rifts. The rest of the pages are pretty useless to me, so I came up with an idea; I would happily buy a PDF version of the Rifter magazine if they did special PDF editions, with only stuff for 1 game: A collection of Rifts 1-56, a collection of Chaos Earthh, or Dead Reign...So i only get the games I want.
It cannot be that hard for PB to have someone assigned to just cut/and paste all articles from the various rifters into a compendium for each game.

You are really missing out on some cool exploration by just limiting yourself to Rifts. We play rifts exclusively however we use source material from all the games and occasionally get sucked to those worlds through rifts or rift accidents. Recently we visited hereo's unlimited Skyrapers which was some realy fun role playing as our adventurers where in a completely alien world. It does make conversion a little dificult but MDC to SDC and vice versa isnt to bad once you get a good grip on it.

Hope you will take the oppurtunity this Christmas to order a Palladium Christmas package and ask for some new stuff maybe hereos unlimited which adds super hereos to your rifts campaigns which is awesome I promise. Also the stories in the others series are almost as good as rifts and remember it all connects togather which what is awesome about palladium "except no limitations"

Well, this far I have had no problem in coming up with unique/odd/fun/strange dimensions and worlds, I do not think I need to put out 100's of USD to buy books I will most probably use only a few times. We have already been to the scrayper's world without buying the book, simply with information from this forum as well as reviwes of books on the internet.
Dunia
Adventurer

Unread post by Dunia »

TheWay wrote:
Dunia wrote:
TheWay wrote:
Dunia wrote:I started buying a Rifter magazine, but I decided that it was for me a waste of money as I only play Rifts. The rest of the pages are pretty useless to me, so I came up with an idea; I would happily buy a PDF version of the Rifter magazine if they did special PDF editions, with only stuff for 1 game: A collection of Rifts 1-56, a collection of Chaos Earthh, or Dead Reign...So i only get the games I want.

You are really missing out on some cool exploration by just limiting yourself to Rifts. We play rifts exclusively however we use source material from all the games and occasionally get sucked to those worlds through rifts or rift accidents. Recently we visited hereo's unlimited Skyrapers which was some realy fun role playing as our adventurers where in a completely alien world. It does make conversion a little dificult but MDC to SDC and vice versa isnt to bad once you get a good grip on it.

Hope you will take the oppurtunity this Christmas to order a Palladium Christmas package and ask for some new stuff maybe hereos unlimited which adds super hereos to your rifts campaigns which is awesome I promise. Also the stories in the others series are almost as good as rifts and remember it all connects togather which what is awesome about palladium "except no limitations"

Well, this far I have had no problem in coming up with unique/odd/fun/strange dimensions and worlds, I do not think I need to put out 100's of USD to buy books I will most probably use only a few times. We have already been to the scrayper's world without buying the book, simply with information from this forum as well as reviwes of books on the internet.

This is why you hear about PB having money issues my friend. Because people don’t support the business which produces the game they love. They need you to spend $12 on a rifter to stay profitable so they can keep producing stories which we enjoy playing.
I suppose if you want you could skip ever buying a book and make everything up on your own but you would miss out on reading a lot of cool stories

I just think that I belive there are many players who do not buy the Rifter just because there are not enough information in eash issue that support the game/games they play and if they would instead sell PDF copies of the articles or a Best of Rifter/Chaos Earth/Systems Failure-edition of the Rifter, they could actually earn more money.
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I don't see this suggestion going anywhere, but I might be wrong. I've been wrong many times when guessing Palladium's plans.

Write up your proposal. Sign an Unsolicited Manuscript Form. Send it to Wayne. Posting an idea here in the forums will not bring that idea to the attention of the office staff.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

TheWay wrote:
This is why you hear about PB having money issues my friend. Because people don’t support the business which produces the game they love. They need you to spend $12 on a rifter to stay profitable so they can keep producing stories which we enjoy playing.
I suppose if you want you could skip ever buying a book and make everything up on your own but you would miss out on reading a lot of cool stories

No Palladium is having money issues for the same reason they have been for years. They A ) Have apparently no capability to put a book out on time and B ) Bump projects up ahead of things they have been working on for months and nigh on years (Path of the Storm getting bumped ahead of Lemuria, Megaverse in Flames and the Vampire Sourcebook is a prime example of this and they are all a year late as it is if not more). Why should anyone buy books they don't actually want just to support the company? Maybe the company should produce more of the books people want instead? Maybe the company shoudl put books ON TIME, To buy books JUST to let company be profitable whether you want the book or not is asinine. By your reasoning I should buy the Dead Reign books because it helps the company even though I have absolutely zero interest in buying or playing a Zombie game. Yeah THAT makes sense.

Dunia did not say they (not knowing if Dunia is he or she I will use they) didn't want to buy books. They said they didn't want to buy books in which they only have use of a few pages if any at all. To claim that they may never want to buy a book is insulting in the least since they obviously support the company by buying the books they actually WANT.

As for Dunia's idea about selling individual articles....I like it on the surface but the problem is that would be a fairly time consuming undertaking. Time the company by and large large doesn't have nor do they have the resources to hire someone to do it. however if they company would get off their collective butts and release full pdf's of newer material I bet Dunia would buy the PDF of a Rifter since it would be less cost to them and a more justifiable cost to put out for something they may not use that much instead of shelling out full price for a hardcopy edition of a Rifter.

There is zero reason the company can't release full PDF's of new books even if it is after a set moratorium before doing so.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”