Rifter 56 arrived

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Rifter 56 arrived

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Got mine today. Haven't had time to read all of it but I've flipped through it.

I'll say both the "Rifts Space" and "Time travel" parts were not what I was expecting.

Not saying they're bad but they weren't the directions I thought would be taken. The time travel article does give you a number of options for 'YOUR' Flavor of time travel and what not (( It also seems to abandon the Transdimensional TMNT way too, but I'll admit I've only skimmed not read in depth.))

The Space section goes into some Aliens that have come round, shootin' up the stations and "why".

There's a good 9 or 10 pages of 'catalog' in the front, but some of the write ups are new and might be of interest. The stuff for Northern gun and such has me hopeful.

Not 'Much' art. That's not to say there isn't any, but it's kinda art light. Usually you get some every 2 to 3 pages. this one has a few stretches where it goes 5 to 8 with just text.

On one side, I love that we're getting alot of stuff to use. On the other it's a bit strange not to see the art as frequent.

Mumah does some geometric lookin' ships and a great lil alien guy. Bradshaw does some stuff in the BTS section (( where his art fits decently. Not my fave but I like his stuff better there than in rifts)) And a couple of Burles peices. *Shudder* Not as bad as some of his stuff.. but it's still his stuff so... ugg.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Rifter 56 arrived

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I think Burles has some awesome imaginative art and ideas, but the inking never seems right to
me. I'd love to see someone else ink his stuff.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

He's not 'untalented'. This just ---------------is not-------------------- his proper medium.

I've seen some of his native American work and it looks halfway cool. I'm sure others might find that awesome.

but for RPG's. He's just not the right tool for the job. It's like trying to use a screw driver to hammer in a nail (( with the driver end)) You might eventually get the nail in but it's going to be a horrible mess. That's Burles art in rpgs. You can force it in there but it looks like crap.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I received my subscription copy yesterday, and I started browsing it this morning. This issue seems great so far.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Lord Z wrote:I received my subscription copy yesterday, and I started browsing it this morning. This issue seems great so far.

:)
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I gotta wait until the 29th to pick mine up, if it's at The Strat.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Panomas wrote:Got mine Monday-

First time I looked-only to see that my submissions were not included-(Wahaaa-wahaaa!!! :( :( lol :lol: )

Oh well there's always next time to hope!!

Issue looks cool will crack it open this weekend!

Thanks-Pally!

What did you submitt?? Just curious.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Got mine last week. GREAT issue!
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

BookWyrm wrote:Got mine last week. GREAT issue!

Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Bad Mojo wrote:Very Late to the party, but I just wanted to add I loved it, especially the time travel parts. I really, really hope the time travel books get published.

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Pepsi Jedi wrote: And a couple of Burles peices. *Shudder* Not as bad as some of his stuff.. but it's still his stuff so... ugg.

I am a fan of Burles. Pls continue to use his art.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”