Metamorphosis Spell

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Metamorphosis Spell

Unread post by darthauthor »

The Metamorphosis Mist Spell turns the caster into mist.

A mist from which they may turn back to flesh.

"Of course, he can materialize (naked) with a thought."

So what happens to their armor, guns, clothes, and gear?

Falls to the ground where they cast the spell?

Reappears when the spell ends?

I see it as a great escape or spy spell but how does it work with regard to their posessions?

If they let the spell run out duration wise do they materialize with their stuff?
Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Metamorphosis Spell

Unread post by Kraynic »

All possessions are left where the spell was cast, unless the caster was able to plan ahead and give things to someone to carry or stored them somewhere in preparation. Since nothing is carried with them, then the possessions will not be with/on them when the spell ends.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Yep. Falls to the ground where he/she cast the spell.

Personally, I'd like to house-rule it a bit. Something like up to 10 pounds of clothes/gear goes with him. Just enough so that he's not naked, but not armored or loaded for bear either. But that's purely a house-rule thing.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
darthauthor
Hero

Unread post by darthauthor »

I think that is why some "The Rifter" issue invented a create clothing Spell. Originally it was intended for astral projection or something. I am sure a Techno Wizard or something bought from the Federation of Magic and such would create clothes that would travel with you (not armor or weapons).
hup7
Wanderer

Unread post by hup7 »

You could make a good argument for the living armour from SA and Lemuria. It is described as being a symbiote and thus almost becomes a part of you. But would still be GM call. As a GM I personally would even allow Rune Weapons given the 'link' aspect of them.

Ideally have magic tattoos - they go with you wherever and however you travel.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

There was a spell online that we use in our sat game called bond. You use it to enchant items, clothing, etc, so that it binds it to the person, so it stays with them even when changed. They're inaccessible and essentially are part of the transformation, but you change back with everything you had that had the enchantment on it. Its balanced since, while its relatively low cost (3 ppe), you have to do it on everything you want to take with you, so if you're not sitting on a pile of ppe batteries, you have to be very selective on what you take with you.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”