Wings of the void. Where is it?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Robroy
Explorer

Wings of the void. Where is it?

Unread post by Robroy »

I am sure it is a spell for Flight in space. At least I thought so, but I can't find it. I am not even sure which game it is from. Any help would be appreciated.
"Where ever you go, there you are"-Buckaroo Banzai

"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu
Grazzik
Adventurer

Re: Wings of the void. Where is it?

Unread post by Grazzik »

Robroy wrote:I am sure it is a spell for Flight in space. At least I thought so, but I can't find it. I am not even sure which game it is from. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure about the spell name? In DB 12 (Dimensional Outbreak), pg 184 has Wings of the Gargoyle and pg 188 has Wings of the Demon Locust, both of which allow flight in space.

Could it be related to the Void on the Astral plane?
Robroy
Explorer

Unread post by Robroy »

No I am not sure of the name, and no Wings of the Gargoyle and Wings of the Demon Locust was not it.

I could have sworn it described the wings as looking like a night sky which made them hard to see in space. I was thinking it was in one of the Phase World / Three Galaxy books. But of course I can't find it.

"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Probably not what you're looking for, but there's a Magic Tattoo on p168 of Secrets of the Atlanteans: Blazing Comet (Space Flight as per spell in Fleets of the Three Galaxies). Doesn't mention the wings you refer to.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

DB13: Fot3G does have a few "fly in the vacuum of space" spells in the Space Magic section, but none of them involve wings (Space Flight, Cosmic Armor, Space Swim/Walk).

I wonder if what you are looking for is an a Rifter (I checked a few that I have and came up with nothing)? Outside of Rifts the only magic using setting in space would be Heroes Unlimited (likely one of the Aliens SBs, which I can't check).
green.nova343
Adventurer

Unread post by green.nova343 »

ShadowLogan wrote:DB13: Fot3G does have a few "fly in the vacuum of space" spells in the Space Magic section, but none of them involve wings (Space Flight, Cosmic Armor, Space Swim/Walk).

I wonder if what you are looking for is an a Rifter (I checked a few that I have and came up with nothing)? Outside of Rifts the only magic using setting in space would be Heroes Unlimited (likely one of the Aliens SBs, which I can't check).

I checked AU:GG, & it's not listed there.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Is it possible it was a Rifter spell? I know there was a Celestial Magic posting there....
Have to dig into my stacks to check that...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Robroy
Explorer

Unread post by Robroy »

It may be in the Rifter. Unfortunately I will not be able to get to them until the weekend.

Thanks everyone for looking.

Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

Vacuum Wings - Rifter 10 pg 88... sprout wings and move in space. No mention of colour, but there is a picture above which has someone with pitch black wings.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”