Mystic Herbology questions

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

barna10
Hero
Comment: Started playing Palladium in 1990.

Mystic Herbology questions

Unread post by barna10 »

Potions....how much is created?
Is each one dose?

What about Belladona potion....I'd like to allow the character to dip arrows in it....how many do you think he could "dose" with one potion, and how much damage would be added to each arrow?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Mystic Herbology questions

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Generally, I would say one dose per batch of PPE... but I would allow you to brew several at one time, provided you could provide PPE for all of them. For lesser potions, like blackthorn, not too bad. For an expensive one like amaranth, you're going to have a hard time doing two doses at once.

For arrow poisoning? I'd say one dose is one poisoning. I might let you break it into 2 or 3, and give a big bonus on the save (+3 for 2, +5 for 3), but that's "I'm not using enough poison".
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
barna10
Hero
Comment: Started playing Palladium in 1990.

Unread post by barna10 »

One arrow per vial? I imagine someone pouring the vial contents over the arrow head instead of dipping the arrowhead into the vial.

Really think as much poison would stick to the arrowhead as one would be expected to drink (a few ounces)?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

barna10 wrote:One arrow per vial? I imagine someone pouring the vial contents over the arrow head instead of dipping the arrowhead into the vial.

Really think as much poison would stick to the arrowhead as one would be expected to drink (a few ounces)?

Look at it this way:

I present you with one vial of poison. You drink half of it. Should you wind up with the full effect of the one vial of poison? Or should it be lessened, because you only drank half?

As for putting it on an arrow, I think you're going to need to change the consistency a bit... either make it a paste, or possibly a syrup, or something similar. Something that will stick better than the usual image of a potion as a liquid.

EDIT: "Resin" is a better word than "syrup".
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”