Elemental Planes - Which Books

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Elemental Planes - Which Books

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Trying to do some work on the Elemental planes, Fire and Earth specifically. Can anyone tell me what book has the best description of what these planes are like or what it means for another dimension to be linked to them?

Thanks
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Elemental Planes - Which Books

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I don't believe there are any texts in the PB gamebooks that deal with elemental planes other then maybe mentioning that they exist.

If there is anything I would look in the Library of Bletherad book.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I don't believe there are any texts in the PB gamebooks that deal with elemental planes other then maybe mentioning that they exist.

If there is anything I would look in the Library of Bletherad book.

Sadly it was one of the first books I looked through for information and there's nothing. I seem to remember there is even something in the book about the people who know the most are warlocks and they don't like to record their thoughts. I really thought that it or Dragons and gods would have something but nothing about the dimension itself just the actual Elementals.

I am mainly curious if these are places that mortals can even visit, I am guessing no as elementals in our dimension need to make bodies, but who knows.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

The most information I recall is Dragons & Gods, when they talk about elementals, but I don't recall there being much about the planes themselves, and I think it may be a vague "energy" thing.

Personally, I find it more interesting if it's a place you can go and survive, so I would allow it; oases of the other elements floating in the sea of fire, water, earth, or air.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mark Hall wrote:The most information I recall is Dragons & Gods, when they talk about elementals, but I don't recall there being much about the planes themselves, and I think it may be a vague "energy" thing.

Personally, I find it more interesting if it's a place you can go and survive, so I would allow it; oases of the other elements floating in the sea of fire, water, earth, or air.

The Dradons and Gods stuff is almost word for word in Rifts Dark Conversions as well and nothing on the dimensions.

Like I said my big thing is what does it mean when places are described as "linked" to one of these planes? right now I am just going to assume it means that elementals that are on there own are more likely to be in the area but who knows.

As for visiting it, could be similar to the astral plane were some parts are in spirit form with places of actual physical realness floating about.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

IIRC, there was a rift along the Amazon that was linked to the plane of water and permanently open so the water there was flowing into the Amazon. Aside from that I don't recall there being any mention of what each plane consists of.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Page 24 of Dimension Book 7: This Cover is Not a Picture of Galactus, has a paragraph description of them, which is more than you may find elsewhere.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Glistam wrote:Page 24 of Dimension Book 7: This Cover is Not a Picture of Galactus, has a paragraph description of them, which is more than you may find elsewhere.

Thanks that is actually what started this. After I read it I was like "there has to be more somewhere" but I have come to the realization that no there is not. Still this and Conversion Book 1 are what I'm using.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Glistam wrote:Dimension Book 7: This Cover is Not a Picture of Galactus,

:-D
I mean we always knew since DB2 came out that Carella was planning to put a helmet on that bald dude.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Axelmania wrote:

I mean we always knew since DB2 came out that Carella was planning to put a helmet on that bald dude.

I always got more a random Celestial vibe off that cover rather than Galactus but I can see it.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Warshield73 wrote:
Axelmania wrote:

I always got more a random Celestial vibe off that cover rather than Galactus but I can see it.

The helmet has smaller cheek-wings than Galactus but larger ones than Kang the Conqueror, kinda falls somewhere in between their helmets.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”