SDC or MDC of golem hearts?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

SDC or MDC of golem hearts?

Unread post by Axelmania »

Create Golem mentions them being reborn in 24 hours unless the heart is removed.

Perhaps that implies if you put the heart back in later on they'd reform?

This could be prevented by destroying the heart, but what would it take to do that?

Presumably you can't remove the heart normally until depleting the MDC to deactivate the golem... maybe even going further (like SB1Rp35's negative 81 rule for robots) to guarantee enough is gone to expose the heart?

But as for the heart itself... do we assume it also has MDC, or would that iron remain SDC?

Would the heart regenerate MDC at 1d6/round too?

Could additional spells be used to protect the heart?

One interesting idea I had, is perhaps if golem hearts remained SDC, some mages might cast lifeward on the Golem and treat the main body MDC as "armor" so that the heart could be temporarily MDC-resistant for minutes after a golem's destruction? Could give a mage time to send in a familiar to snatch the heart before enough damage was done to destroy it, repair it, and at some poin deposit the heart in the remains of the chest cavity to respawn the golem.

Rifts Book of Magic 148 also has the 'diamond at the center' option so I'm wondering, how much SDC (or MDC?) would a diamond have? You might have guys going around cracking open iron hearts to harvest diamonds, for example.

Presumably an "SDC reduced to zero" heart could no longer function to reanimate the golem unless repaired.. but at some point it might be too far gone to be repaired via spells that do that. Maybe using a similar 81-below-zero rule?
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: SDC or MDC of golem hearts?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

My take is that you'd have to reduce the Golem to 0 MDC/SDC, then you'd have to look for the heart.
When you found it, it'd have the same damage capacity as a normal iron heart or diamond, or whatever.
Not sure how much that would be, but suffice to say it'd have less than 1 MDC.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”