Has anybody run a mage specializing in entities?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

thorr-kan
Adventurer

Unread post by thorr-kan »

With Control/Enslave Entity, Banishment, Immure Entity, and Summon & Control Entity, it seems to me a wizard has a pretty good repetoire. Entities are fairly powerful, but not nearly as dangerous as lesser or greater demons or other supernatural creatures. The spell durations are pretty good. And Immure Entity gives you a really nice magical item.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Re: Has anybody run a mage specializing in entities?

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Somewhat.

One of the main villains in our current palladium game is a Psi-mystic, born in a graveyard, and connected (inhabited?) by some evil supernatural power. Her "theme" is ghosts and spirits, and since her magic innately comes to her, she has been gifted with some of the Bygone spirit spells from Library of Bletherad.

But, I've also taken some of her more mundane spells and simply given them a ghostly "reskinning." her Armor of Ithan, for example, is the exact same spell game-mechanic-wise... but looks like a swirling halo of spirits dancing around her that absorb incoming damage.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

thorr-kan wrote:Has anybody run a mage specializing in entities?

With Control/Enslave Entity, Banishment, Immure Entity, and Summon & Control Entity, it seems to me a wizard has a pretty good repetoire. Entities are fairly powerful, but not nearly as dangerous as lesser or greater demons or other supernatural creatures. The spell durations are pretty good. And Immure Entity gives you a really nice magical item.

It's called a Summoner. Itis a class in the PF RPG main book.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

I'm beginning to sketch out an O.C.C. to focus on this. It would be a cross between a Noro Psychic, Spirit Caller (rifter 65), and Mystic Knight. Outside of Rifts Book of Magic, here are the sources of entity/spirit spells I know of. If anyone thinks of anything else pretty please share.

PFRPG 12 Library of Bletherad
BTS1E
Mystic China
Nightbane 3 Through the Glass Darkly
Rifter 50
Rifter 65 (not "official", for those whom care)
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:It's called a Summoner. Itis a class in the PF RPG main book.

Can be dangerous if you summon more than you control.

Sometimes I wonder if I set up a labyrinth of protection circles, those I couldn't control with a battle of wills, maybe I could keep trapped in a circle (don't activate it until they're in a middle, and it prevents them from exiting instead of entering?) until I need them?

Alternatively, if you set up 3 protection circles with touching edges that could be used to contain something.
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
thorr-kan wrote:Has anybody run a mage specializing in entities?

It's called a Summoner. Itis a class in the PF RPG main book.

In Rifts they are Shifters.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

SpiritInterface wrote:In Rifts they are Shifters.

You can play either in Rifts. Summoners need more prep but it takes less PPE on the actual summon.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”