How Important is the Pact?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

How Important is the Pact?

Unread post by Library Ogre »

So, how often do you have a witch pact come up for a witch PC?

Like, sure, they've got it in their background, but how often do you have their pact-granter interject themselves into what's going on, or actively demand things of them?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Soldier of Od
Hero

Re: How Important is the Pact?

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Loads. I like to include a minor demon/deevil NPC who can act as a messenger for the demon/deevil lord, turning up as a recurring character whenever I like to pass on instructions from their master. I can use it to encourage the player (or party) to move in a particular direction if I need to, to create an interesting obstacle they need to overcome, or just to shake things up a bit if things get stale. You can't sign your life away without any consequences. Power comes at a cost!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

The only time I had a witch PC it was a case where the PC decided to secretly become a witch because what their PC wanted and that particular entities goals lined up so well it was a natural fit for them. In that case while the PC spent a lot of time advancing the entities cause, the Entity didn't have to do much leading around because in general the PC would be naturally inclined to do what the entity wanted them to do to the point instructions were rarely needed.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

the Witch needs to follow the orders of ther boss,if they feiling ther boss,it will punish them,I use Magic limited inTtGD and Rifter 27.as exmple as the punished ther boss can infict on them.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Witches only have Granted Powers so the pact is very important to the whole concept of the class. Without a pact granting the witch any powers, they are just occultists which have no real power.

I agree with NK in that the pact giver will only interact with the witch and if the witch chooses to share his master's wishes, that is on the witch himself.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

The closest my group ever came to using a Pact was a Shifter gaining and controlling minions. It was a Pledge for beings of good alignment a contract for neutral, and an oath on those of evil alignment.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”