Palladium Fantasy FAQ

This is the holding tank for all questions pertaining to Games and their questions. Only Admins and Mods can post anything to this forum.
The old FAQ can be found here Old F.A.Q.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Palladium Fantasy FAQ

Unread post by NMI »

#1: Palladium Fantasy FAQ Author: Guest, Posted: 18 Feb 2005 13:32

Question: In Palladium Fantasy How come chain weapons cannot entangle?
Entangling, I thought that's what chains do best?
Answer: I'd personally just use a version of W.P. Chain from some other Palladium game.
#2: Author: Guest, Posted: 29 Mar 2005 05:38

Question: I was curious if the alchemist has ever been printed as an actuall OCC. Or maybe given a breakdown of what they can do where one could make it into an OCC. My gm is willing to allow an alchemist if any of us could find the rules somewhere.
Secondly. Does someone know where the rules are for having multiply OCC's?
Answer: 1) Actaully, there are some stats for the Alchemist in PFRPG2. It lists the required O.C.C.'s that one must obtain before they can become an alchemist. However, they aren't listed so that a player may become one, but so that the reader better understands the training and involvement in becoming an alchemist.
2) PFs Adventures on the High Seas page 10.
http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/cutt ... alocc.html
#3: Author: Guest, Posted: 1 May 2005 08:08

Question: Alright, this has come up a couple of times in my Palladium FRPG sessions: A player takes more damage than their HPs, but not more than their PE. Could they be brought to survivable health by forcing a Healing Potion down their throat?
Answer: Only if they succed the "surviving the coma roll".
#4: Author: Guest, Posted: 1 Jul 2005 11:39

Question: What book can I find the Blacksmith O.C.C. in Palladium Fantasy?
Answer: Northern Hinterlands on page 168.
#5: Author: Guest, Posted: 30 Sep 2005 20:08

Question: what palladium book has the most info on the wolfen?
Answer: Wolfen Empire.
#6: Author: Guest, Posted: 2 Nov 2005 11:51

Question: My subscription to the Rifter ran out quite a while ago, right when they were starting to print conversions from the old Yin-Sloth Jungles book. Did they ever print an update for the Undead Hunter OCC? If so, which issue? Thanks.
Answer: Never updated.

Question: I've got a group of characters who are really proud of their technology lately, a real 'anything can be solved with enough firepower" mentality developed somewhere along the way and I'd like to gently correct that mode of thinking if possible. The group hitched a ride to Phase World with an NPC Shifter in exchange for helping him out with a few minor tasks (there were many explosions and a good time was had by all) and then they enjoyed the hospitality of The Three Galaxies for a while, but now it's time to head to the Phase World and secure passage back home. Well, i thought it might be fun to have them accidentally diverted (hey, magic is a quirky thing) to the PFRPG world, this will allow me to dust off those books that have been gathering dust on the shelf, and should allow the group to dust off some of those role playing skills that have been getting just as dusty. So they're in the Palladium world, nobody wanted to play a spellcaster so they're pretty much stuck there for a time. all their technology ceases to function, they pry the PA pilot out of his suit, and hopefully they take the hints about how their environmental armor is getting a bit hot and stuffy before they pass out. The problem is the borg. And it could become a real problem actually. Clearly having his power supply fail and him falling over dead would be arbitrary, unfair, and a real buzz kill. We could i guess go the Gilligan route and have him stirring an electrolyte solution in a coconut shell around the clock to provide enough juice to keep him alive, but that doesn't seem like much fun either, and the odds of a swallow happenning to drop a coconut on the group at that moment are slim at best, so how would you handle a Borg in these circumstances, since I haven't found anything that specifically touches on this point? Any help would be great.
Answer: Technology is known to work in PF. Best to just use HU's SDC stats.
#7: Author: Guest, Posted: 2 Dec 2005 12:22

Question: Does anyone remember what book the addition faerie foods were published in?
Answer: M&A, page 60

Question: I am Playing a longbowmen. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to create better bows or arrows. I have read some of the info and while a fletcher can create bows and arrows there are no stats for creating stronger bows and arrows based on using better wood or a different shaft or type of arrowhead other then silver. Also is their an actual fletching skill and if so what book is it located in. I have found the fletcher class but Unfortunately I have no stats to determine what an actual fletcher can make and how good he is at it.
Answer: See ATB2, pages 153-154 for customized bows.
See also Mutants Down Under, pages 29-30 & 36 and Transdimensional TMNT, page 61 for additional bows and crossbows.
There currently is no fletcher skill. Also, bowyers are technically the ones who make bows, fletchers make arrows.
#8: Author: Guest, Posted: 1 Jan 2006 12:17

Question: This is a Palladium Fantasy question...
1) Whats the offical/unoffical ruling on broken bones as far as the "healing touch" goes?
2) Also on the critical damage tables--- Would one still have these affects even though the sdc/hit points is healed by the healing touch?
Answer: 1) Since there's no official rules one way or the other, it would be up to the GM. Many people find it easier to just go ahead and state it deals with things like broken bones.
2) Again, that would be up to the individual GM, but the most likely answer is yes.
#9: Author: Guest, Posted: 4 Feb 2006 19:03

Question: In PFRPG do you get to cast 2 spells per melee attack or just one per melee attack?? Have big debate that has deadlocked gaming, PLEASE HELP.
Answer: In the first and revised editions, one spell per attack.
In the second edition, it depends on the level of the spell: spell levels 1-8 cost half of your total attacks, allowing you to cast a maximum of two spells in a single melee; h levels 9-10 that take 1 full melee, while levels 11-15 actually take 2 melees or possibly more, per description, to cast (with the exception to Teleport: Superior, which takes 1 melee).

Question: Is there an an alchemist occ, and if so in what book?
Answer: There is, in palladium fantasy second edition main book, but it's NPC only.

Question: If you are playing a dragon hatchling in Palladium fantasy are you able to select an occ, enabling your charcter to get other skills and so on? If you are do you just level up that occ use the dragon experience chart.
Answer: Varies by species. Most PC Dragon Hatchlings can't take an OCC until adulthood, but a few get an OCC from birth. See Dragons & Gods for specific details.
Experience, Hit Points, SDC, PPE, and ISP advance according to the Dragon RCC, but skills and special abilities gained from the OCC will advance with each Dragon XP level.

Question: I searched the archive and was unable to find an answer for this. Is there a sourcebook that has an OCC write-up for a Dragonwright cultist?
Answer: No

Question: I've been reading the Elemental Fusionist from the RUE and find it quite interesting. Thing is, I was wondering how one could go about adapting it to the Fantasy setting. And, it says that PPE use is tripled in cities. Would this be the same or would it change to double since a fantasy world isn't all that advanced? And would that only apply to castle-type towns as opposed to the outlying villages?
Answer: It would apply to cities and towns, where the primal forces of nature are lacking. Keep in mind that the Elemental Fusionist is only suppossed to be created on Rifts Earth because of it's unique nature. One can exist in the PF world, but they don't "spawn" there.
#10: Author: Guest, Posted: 1 Jun 2006 19:47

Question: there is an undead dragon in one of the books. Anyone know which book it is. Im thinking it might be one of the tolkein book(the one with the shadow dragons in it).?
Answer: Land of the Damned 2: Chaos Lands, page 173.
#11: Author: Guest, Posted: 3 Jul 2006 13:47

Question: Where are the rune weaps that were supposed to be in PF WB3?
Answer: The rune weapons are located in the Mummy adventure.
#12: Author: Guest, Posted: 1 Oct 2006 08:54

Question: Can a Mimic mimic another Mimic's mimicked power?
Answer: No.

Question: Can a character use this power to 'swallow up' gunfire and energy weapon discharges and then redirect them back by ejecting the swallowed attacks?
Answer: No
#13: Author: Guest, Posted: 31 Jan 2007 20:00

Question: I just got The Western Empire with the hopes that it would include the Demon Black Ships and stats and everything else on them..... but the doesn't. Where are the stats and information on the Demon Black Ships?
Answer: They can be found in Adventures on the High Seas, pages 181-182.

Question: Are sea elves addressed in any of the Palladium FRPG books?
Answer: Nope.
#14: Author: Guest, Posted: 3 Mar 2007 08:46

Question: I just picked up the world book 3, High seas. ANd reading over the necromancer OCC, I cant find the listed PPE amount for him! I read everywhere and its not in it.
Can anyone tell me what the offical PPE stats are for it?
Answer: Here's the missing Necromancer Information (with PF modifications, nothing major, just a note change):
Quote:
O.C.C. Abilities & Bonuses
1. P.P.E.: Base P.P.E. is at 2D4x10 plus the number from the P.E. attribute. Add 2D6 P.P.E. per each additional level of experience.
2. Bonuses: +10 S.D.C., +1 to save vs magic of all kinds (in addition to P.E. bonuses), +6 to save vs horror factor, Attribute bonuses from physical training and magic: +1 to M.E., P.E., and P.S., and +4 to Spd.
3. Initial Spell Knowledge: In addition to the five special abilities described previously, the necromancer can select six necromancy spells (regardless of level) and six common spells associated with necromancy. The list and description of all available spells are found in the section entitled Necro-Magic.
4. Learning New Spells: Additional spells and rituals related to necromancy (see lists) can be learned or purchased at any time regardless of the character's experience level. See the section entitled The Pursuit of Magic in the Palladium Fantasy RPG, page 182.

Question: The ratlings (Monsters & Animals, p. 128) have the natural ability called "Keen hearing", but there is no description for it.
I have searched that ability at other RCC descriptions, but I only have found this (relative to Hob-Goblins): "+1 to initiative and dodge (keen hearing). Keen hearing also means that the character suffers half the usual penalties when blinded (can dodge, attack, etc., by listening to sounds); the hobogoblin's hearing is easily as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing."
Wolfen and Coyles also have this little description: "The character's hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing."
I've been looking for that at dog's description, but I haven't found it.
Can anyone help me, please?
Answer: Unfortunately, there are no official rules for it.

Question: Everytime I read the Knight or the Palladin OCC. The "way of the lance" keeps telling me that these skills are in addition to the WP: Lance?!
But where is it??? I looked in the "cutting room floor" it says its described under the way of the lance.. Ugh! I read "High Seas" and it says the same thing. But WP lance is not anywhere to be found?? Ugh!
Can someone tell me what the WP: Lance description is??
Answer: The bonuses from "Way of the Lance" are it for Palladium Fantasy. If you're not happy with them it's recommended you check out W.P. Lance in Mutants of Avalon or Splicers.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Question: I have question to ask, one that has me stuck. Can Goblins be shamans?

I'm asking this as I've looked at the Goblin race, and in the description it mentions that a tribe of Goblins would have a shaman, but in the listing of OCCs for both Palladium Fantasy and Rifts it says no magic. Is this just a contradiction to be taken as rule, a mistake that can be over looked or what?

Also on this note can anyone give me details about the shaman occ from the Palladium Fantasy RPG? The only shaman OCCs I've seen are out of Rifts Spirit West, none of which can be used by any other race than Native Americans.

Answer: Yes, Goblins can be Shamans. Goblins can learn magic; they're just limited on which magic-using classes they can take. The Shaman O.C.C. can be found in Adventures on the High Seas.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Question: At what point i.e. level is a wizard able to start making potions, and what are the skill or skills he needs to pick up? i know obviously holistic medicine and maybe brewing but any ideas or sugestions for guidelines on time, materials and cost?

Answer: A Wizard can never create magical potions; only specific classes like the Alchemist have this ability. Nonmagical potions, elixirs, infusions, tinctures, tonics, and so forth can be made by anyone with the appropriate skills (Brewing, Holistic Medicine, Chemistry: Pharmaceutical, etc.) at any level of experience.

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Question: On page 36 of Adventures on the High Seas, the spell "Stench of the Dead" is listed as costing 6 P.P.E. On page 37, there's an alphabetical list of necro spells and their P.P.E. costs, and the same spell as 60 P.P.E. So which is it?

Answer: 6 P.P.E., according to the other books that the spell appears in.

Question: Page 36, same book, the spell Summon Magot (monster) is listed as costing 350 PPE. The PPE of a level 15 Necromancer is well below that, so does that mean that only supernatural races, such as dragons, that practice necromancy can actually cast the spell? I understand that the Magot is an extremely vicious and powerful being, but man. Is there some way to get additional PPE from another source or something?

Answer: There are several ways to get more P.P.E. for expensive spells. See PF2, pp. 180-182 for details.

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Question: I'm running a Changeling Thief/Assassin in a PFRPG campaign. We all know that a changeling receives a 5% bonus to disguise. My question is, what bonus would they receive if they had the Impersonation skill, since they are shape shifters?

Answer: None. One might argue that they should have some bonus, but the race description only lists a bonus to disguise, not impersonation.

Question: I have a problem with the succubus' dimensional teleport ability. It is only 14% where a Hag is 64%!!! And a Ghoul (the lowest of all demons) is a 21 +1% per level with level 3 max, still that is 24% .... WHY do these demons have a better teleport percentage then a succubus?? The way I run it is I only use the percent if they are trying to portal away from danger or in a crisis situation. Otherwise I just arbitrarily say they teleport. I'd just like some views or some solid game stats from you guys at PB! Anything you can do will be greatly appreciated.

Answer: The given percentage is indeed the chance of being able to teleport successfully. If the roll fails, no teleportation takes place, and the attempt counts as one of the creature's uses of the ability (if the creature is limited to a certain number of teleports in a given period of time). Apparently, succubi aren't supposed to be very good at teleporting (perhaps to make them better minions for summoners and shifters?), although proximity to a ley line nexus may increase the chance (at least it does for some monsters).

Return to “Games F.A.Q. Archive”