NGR

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Re: NGR

Unread post by runebeo »

I would think just about it all would be around that time. Since tech was at it's highest level before Judgment Day came, I think they should have even more advance tech that may have been lost before the rise of the Gargoyle Nation.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

No, the oldest model currently in service is that Forager robot that was orignally in SB1. So going by that I'd say their robot vehicle force is all PA.

Although some of the Triax vehicles could fit into a Chaos Earth setting. The Phantom hover tank, the Leopard 3, the fighter jet and their other aircraft, even the big medical hover station could all be used as pre-Rifts. Note that I have nothing to support that, just my thoughts on what I'd do to include it.

Side note - the JA series of rifles are all pre-rifts models. Likely called something else though.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

generally, it seems like Triax Industries did not loose technology, just manufacturing potential. their factories and attendant communities survived intact. which means everytihng Triax Knew then it knows post-rifts. (although Triax has added some new knowlwedge, like U-rounds, forcefields, and that alien anti-grav their reverse engineering..)

but those factories would have lost the support of the globalized resource network. in modern times, much of the materials required to build things are imported. a ship might have it's hull built in Maryland, for example, but it's using steel obtained from oregon or china.

without this global source of raw materials, Triax would have to rely on their immediate stockpiles, recycling, and whatever the Rhur valley could provide..

so the german defenders in CE were probably on par with the post rifts NGR in terms of hardware and quality, but with dwindling stockpiles of raw materials, they'd have a harder time keeping the numbers up in their defensive units. each robot or power armor that needs replacing would be a step towards collapse, even with recycling of the trashed bits.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Sounds very cool Duck-foot! I can't wait to see it in print!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

duck-foot wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:Sounds very cool Duck-foot! I can't wait to see it in print!

im not doing anything for it.... you think i should?. Euro chaos eartyh stuff

If you got some idea's I'd say go for it. IIRC Jason Richards upcoming CE books will deal primarily with North America, so there isn't anything on the horizon that deals with Chaos Earth Europe that I know of.
Aramanthus
Monk

I agree! I think it couldn't hurt to have some articles on Chaos Earth to add to our collections! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Cool! You could always submit it to the Rifter. And if people like it alot then you could expand on it for the equivilent of a world book for Chaos earth.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Well then we work together and gather data. Then we can find someone who would like to submit an article to the Rifter with the data included.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I always try to help! Inany way possible. Even if it is just to inspire others. :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I'll try and get some ideas down for you. Might take a couple of days.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!!! You're funny! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL :lol: Are you sure it isn't the other way round. :shock: :lol:
Last edited by Aramanthus on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:D Smiles innocently! I don't know what your talking about!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!! So now we have another area of the forum where Clones'RUS is about to make it's first appearance! Vanna please spin that wheel! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Yes those manufacturers are gathered there. Wasn't it because the resources were originally there? At least I thought so.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL Nice to see the name of where some of my relatives came from in the past. And I'm sure I still have relatives still over there. Thank you for pointing out Westfalia!

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”