Would you use a regular adventure hook/setting for CE?

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Would you use regular downloadable Chaos Earth source material?

Yes
79%
No
9%
Maybe
12%
Other (please explain)
No votes

Total votes: 34

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Would you use a regular adventure hook/setting for CE?

Unread post by Jason Richards »

It would probably be a couple of times a month (every other week), available for free download. Some sort of setting, encounter, short adventure hook, new monster or alien, etc.

Is this something that you would use in your campaign? Would this make you pick up/start a CE campaign for your group?

I'm just looking for ways to help y'all support your games and encourage more playing of Chaos Earth.

Thanks for your responses. Specific ideas about what you would like to see are welcome, as are comments about the idea in general. Still feeling this out and need to know if it's really a good plan.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Re: Would you use a regular adventure hook/setting for CE?

Unread post by Tiree »

I think this is a great idea. Adventure hooks are always great to use. In fact the ones found in the new Shadow Chronicles book is fabulous, and should be utilized. Then of course blurbs of different area's, possibly short essay's (a variation of Erin Tarn?) would be neat.

Now even though I think every couple of weeks would be fabulous - Once a month is probably enough if there was enough content. But anything to support the CE line is fabulous.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I also agree! It is a fantastic idea! Please keep us posted if and when you do post these.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Jason Richards

Well I expect at least half a dozen of you to check my website every other week then, at least, assuming this project moves forward. :)
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Jason Richards

Cactuscat wrote:I agree. It's an awesome idea and would give us GMs and/or players more things to do in the already-established setting while waiting for the next books to come out. :)

precisely the idea

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Please just give us a heads up when it's going to start. I'll try to check their at least once a week.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Twice a month sounds like a lot of work for you and sets up heavy expectations. I think committing to 10 pages of material of free PDF download every 2 months would be great. The chunk could be themed and later combined and expanded into a printed supplement (and the free stuff removed). The later printed supplement would represent an expanded version with art so that would be enticing even for those who saw the free stuff.

My concern is a plan for freelancers that would sustain this idea over several years, not just a short flash in the plan that leads to burnout.
Jason Richards

Spinachcat wrote:Twice a month sounds like a lot of work for you and sets up heavy expectations. I think committing to 10 pages of material of free PDF download every 2 months would be great. The chunk could be themed and later combined and expanded into a printed supplement (and the free stuff removed). The later printed supplement would represent an expanded version with art so that would be enticing even for those who saw the free stuff.

My concern is a plan for freelancers that would sustain this idea over several years, not just a short flash in the plan that leads to burnout.

I'm still looking into how to structure the whole thing. Once a month might be a better deal.

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Jason Richards wrote:Once a month might be a better deal.

Remember the math and calculate the actual time in your schedule it takes you to write X pages plus the time you would need to format X pages. Do the math using a "bad month" with lots of commitments for the most conservative estimate.

If you could meld this idea into a way to create future printed supplements, then it would be very worth your effort. This could be an exciting way to get new stuff playtested by a larger audience before it goes to print. In fact, you could advertise it as "playtest draft material" so people feel open to comment and give you feedback, but still keep them focused on buying the product as a future book.

5 page download
Once / month = 30 pages per year
Twice / month = 60 pages per year

10 page download
Once / month = 60 pages per year
Twice / month = 120 pages per year
Jason Richards

Most of the stuff won't be that long, I don't think. While a few times a year you might get a 5 or 10 pager, I think mostly it would be a map with a situational setup, or a new monster, or whatever. You know, enough to satisfy whoever is downloading it (for free, but you people will complain anyway :P) but short enough that I can knock it out fairly quickly.

Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

Bookmarking your site now 8) .
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Oh and while you're at it, how about you write NEMA Mission Book: 1. I want more info on Golden age super soldiers.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

a hook line and sinker.

Hook: You have come across a heavilly supplied hospital.

Line: Your supplies have been running low, this is a god send for all of you.

Sinker: there is one problem, the area is heavily infested with demons, and the hospital is still in use, there are alot of terminally ill people here, who are using large amounts of the medicine, and there are a pack of flesh hungry horde of things on their way.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Jason Richards

The Galactus Kid wrote:Oh and while you're at it, how about you write NEMA Mission Book: 1. I want more info on Golden age super soldiers.

Shut up you.

The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Jason Richards wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Oh and while you're at it, how about you write NEMA Mission Book: 1. I want more info on Golden age super soldiers.

Shut up you.

LOL
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”