Anybody got any ideas about running R-Day campains.

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

primal paladin

Anybody got any ideas about running R-Day campains.

Unread post by primal paladin »

I want to runa games set in the days just prior to and the days just after the opening of the Rifts. I am pretty cool about how it will work just before the rifts but following the opening and how to play through those first few minutes is giving me a little hard time. I want the PCs to be on a base and they willl have to protect their families and try to get to the mid west.

Oh by the way... Hey everybody!!!

Peace
James
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Welcome to the boards, Primal Paladin.
primal paladin

I am actually using Fort Benning, I had also thought of the leave, just last night actually. That really makes it alot easier to have the base be deserted. I have some cool characters, I have a Para-arcane who joined the service because she was an orphan, she is a **** poor soilder, put shes a bigtime geek and knows all about arcane stuff from years of gaming and geekdom. Then I have a young kid who will become a magic user ( he is the son of an on base mechanic). All the players have not finished there characters but I am going to have a battle and a temporary stalemate at the Chatahochee river. Then a fighting retreat up into the mountains of Tenn. with everything they can salvage and there families. I am going to do a kind of Deliverance kind of thing with hill giants in the mountains.

I am currently working on stats for the Bradley 4 fighting vehicle and the Wagman 2200 Main Battle Tank. I am also going to do some light artiliary.

Can anyone think of a good name for and futuristic attack chopper and a vertical take off multipurpose super fighter?

Peace
James
primal paladin

I am actually using Fort Benning, I had also thought of the leave, just last night actually. That really makes it alot easier to have the base be deserted. I have some cool characters, I have a Para-arcane who joined the service because she was an orphan, she is a **** poor soilder, put shes a bigtime geek and knows all about arcane stuff from years of gaming and geekdom. Then I have a young kid who will become a magic user ( he is the son of an on base mechanic). All the players have not finished there characters but I am going to have a battle and a temporary stalemate at the Chatahochee river. Then a fighting retreat up into the mountains of Tenn. with everything they can salvage and there families. I am going to do a kind of Deliverance kind of thing with hill giants in the mountains.

I am currently working on stats for the Bradley 4 fighting vehicle and the Wagman 2200 Main Battle Tank. I am also going to do some light artiliary.

Can anyone think of a good name for and futuristic attack chopper and a vertical take off multipurpose super fighter?

Peace
James
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Compendium of Modern Weapons what you are looking for?
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

AS MK has pointed out, those places get wiped out. Read Dinosaur Swamp.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Nobody has mentioned Ft. Hood? Your only about 90-120 miles from Temple, Waco, Austin, College Station/Bryan and several other small metropolitian areas. You laugh, but you have multiple medical schools, three large colleges two of which are 40k plus students, a pretty decent tech industy that becomes Los Alamos, and the US Army III Corps, 1st Cavalry Division, 4th Infantry Division, several active reserve and national guard units, a lack of ley lines, and a lot of land.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

Actually 29 Palms is far enough and High enough it is very possible it got ravaged a bit but not wiped out. The High Desert is over 2000 feet above sea level. The tidal wave were 1000 feet tall. they would have broke on the mountains
Ishmael "Betrayer of Hope" Incantare

Without hope there is nothing.
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Some of the better protected Army bases on the East Coast would be:

Ft. Rucker, KY: 101st Infantry (Air Assault), 160th SOAR (Abn), 5th SFG (Abn)

I thought the 101st was at Ft Campbell in KY. Never heard of Ft Rucker, is that a name change or nickname?

Don't forget Ft Knox,KY, armor and lots of Chromium Guardsmen?
smkeyes
Wanderer

Unread post by smkeyes »

MorganKeyes wrote:Some of the better protected Army bases on the East Coast would be:

Ft. Rucker, KY: 101st Infantry (Air Assault), 160th SOAR (Abn), 5th SFG (Abn)

Ft. Drum, NY: 10th Infantry (Mountain)

Ft. Benning: elements of the 3rd Infantry (Mech), Infantry School, and two nearby Ranger battalions of the 75th Infantry Regiment (Ranger)

Ft. Bragg: 82nd Infantry (Airborne), 18th Corps (Abn), 3rd and 7th SFGs (Abn), 4th PSYOP Grp (Abn), 96th CA Bn (Abn), USASOC, and the 23 Air Expeditionary Wing. (dicey since Bragg is very close to the line of incoming disasters; but then Bragg has alot of experience in prep'ing for incoming disasters)

Ft. Rucker is in Alabama and is home to the army's aviation school.
What you have listed as Ft. Rucker is in Fact Ft. Cambel.
You also have Ft. Knock Tenn, Home of the Army's Armor School along with the gold depository.
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Ft. Rucker is in Alabama and is home to the army's aviation school.
What you have listed as Ft. Rucker is in Fact Ft. Cambel.
You also have Ft. Knock Tenn, Home of the Army's Armor School along with the gold depository.

O.K. so we have the Ft. Rucker/Ft. Campbell location straightened out but Ft. Knox home of the armor school and gold depository is in Kentucky just south of Louisville. Either way all interesting places to start.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”